“Nice Junior Suite”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed in a junior suite at the Sheraton Phoenix.... so my review is based on this room type. The two room suite is very nice. While it is not luxury, it is very nice and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The temperature of the room was perfect... I was able to control the temperature. The room had fantastic views of the city. It too has a great gym! I enjoyed my stay and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed 25 August 2012

It was about a $20 taxi ride from the airport to the hotel. The hotel is in a nice spot in downtown with a couple of restaurants and bars a few steps away for dinner. The room was really clean and everything smelled fresh. The beds were very comfortable. The only bad thing was the wayyy over priced food. We HAD to order room service because of an early event we had and just couldn't wander the streets of downtown looking for some place to be open for breakfast. Eventhough we tried to order simple..some eggs, coffee, and juice we still paid $70 for two people!!! They already charge quite a bit for the room itself. So, maybe plan ahead and check out the places to eat breakfast in the area before you book if you haven an early engagement. The area is kind of dead during the day on the weekend so I don't know if we would have found something available for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The hotel is similar to other Sheraton sites. The lobby is impressive and staff are helpful. Rooms are bit on the smaller side and slightly older. The pool is outdoor, and not the greatest although we spent a couple hours in the hot tub anyway. No view, and the bar was closed (the poolside bar).

The hotel was practically empty so we got a top floor room. Perhaps not the right season to be visiting, but either way, was just an average hotel. Clean, though, and we got a great price.

Plus-side: easily can walk to restaurants etc in downtown Phoenix and there is a movie theatre across the street.

I would stay here again if in town for a short visit.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shiv G
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We were at the Sheraton on a thSaturday night! There was a great band called ShoutTheory! I think they play there every Saturday night! Definitely a must hear! They were awesome! I also loved out cocktail waitress, she was very helpful and dilligent. The hotel is one of the best in Phoenix. We enjoyed it all around.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Just returned from Phoenix and suffered through 114 degree heat. Coming inside to the hotel was a huge relief. They know how to work their AC units in Phoenix. The hotel itself is suitable for business travel. It hosted a large international convention when I was there and got really crowded. Getting a ride on elevators can be troublesome when it's this crowded. I think there are better places to stay in Phoenix if you want luxury or a relaxing family vacation.

The rooms were just okay. Nothing special. But there were other factors that made this hotel enjoyable.

-Huge spacious gym. Really enjoyed the machines and working out here.
-Outdoor lap pool. When it wasn't too crowded, I actually got a few laps in.
-Central location to many good restaurants. Very walkable. Starbucks is across the street and down the block. Mike's big breakfast. Pizza Bianco to name a few.
-Very comfortable beds in the standard rooms. I saw a great lightning storm from my room on the 15th floor.

Things that need improvement here:
-The hotel's restaurant and bar District could use some help. Although the space is huge, and the cocktail lounge is sexy, the food and drinks were abysmal. My margarita was made from a premade mix and tasted like it. The sliders and nachos I ordered at the bar were a regretful order. The taste was cafeteria grade and uninspired. I didn't try items off the dinner menu so cannot comment on sit down dinner here. But after my drink and cocktail snacks, I did not dare to venture into the dinner menu.

The lighting in the lobby is really dark.

The furniture in the standard rooms is a little depressing.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the elevators. My elevator lobby got really loud.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank marinasurferchick
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed here for convention in late July and was satisfied but not overly impressed. After I entered the room, I noticed the dingy/dirty chairs and dingy carpet. These are obvious signs of a hotel that gets used but a little upholstery cleaning would make a customer a bit more relaxed.

The location was great, though. I was able to walk to a game at Chase Field-4 blocks away in 112 degree heat. By the way-buy your water outside the stadium-you can carry it in. There were a few restaurants across the street good for breakfast lunch and dinner. There was minimal traffic around this hotel, which I thought was strange for being a downtown area. The views were great, especially of the dust storms and we obviously stayed inside in July, in Phoenix.

The food was tasty and the portions were ok. We were an average size convention and we were accommodated well. The pricing is a bit high but it is a downtown hotel, what would you expect.

Overall, the service was a B, the cleanliness was a B- and the ambience was a B as well. I would give this hotel a 3.5 if t was available. I would stay here again if I found a deal somewhere-not what they are charging on the website.

Room Tip: The higher the better. The mountain views are fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

$23.00 for a grilled cheese and fries!!!! Rip off!!! Said $9 on menu, with all the ridiculous fees it came to $23!!! When I inquired at the desk and said "would you pay $23 for a grilled cheese" she said " I would never order room service!!! Very disappointing!!! I'm used to paying an 18% "service charge", but this is true price gouging!!!

• Stayed: August 2012