“Great convention hotel”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were at this facility for 11 nights starting Thanksgiving. We found our suite to be comfortable, airy and spacious. We were treated to exceptional service throughout. We would especially commend Sarah N and Sarah F at the front desk, Doreen in the lounge, and Graciela and Erin in housekeeping. Everything was top notch. If I had a complaint at all, I would say that the breakfast in the dining room was prohibitively expensive unless you got the buffet.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. It was wonderful to hear the recognition for our various staff members and the exceptional service they provided during your time with us. You can be sure we will celebrate these memorable moments with them.

You were with us for a nice long stay; how delightful to hear that you enjoyed all of it.

Until the next time…

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Phoenix

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton for the North American bridge Championships for 5 days. The hotel is lively, has great main floor bars and restaurants. The lobby is immense and very beautiful. Our room was nice and staff was all great. We also played bridge at the Hyatt and in comparison it was dismal.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Linda829
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

We enjoyed having the Bridge group in-house and we hope you enjoyed the week of your tournament.

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. How nice that you were able to experience our hotel newly dressed for the Holidays.

We hope you and yours have a very wonderful and safe Holiday Season. We look forward to welcoming you back at another time. Until then,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Right now Sheraton Phoenix is hosting a major bridge championship. A bunch of my friends and I stayed there for about a week to play some cards. For the sake of this review, I asked a few buddies what they thought of the hotel. The feedback was mostly along the lines:
"Normal hotel. No problems", "Our room is fine", "This is a great hotel. I really like it".

Personally, I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel. It is an immacutely clean and modern facility. My room was kept in perfect condition throughout. Early check in was not a problem. Housekeeper respected our preference to take care of our room after 1 pm when bridge was in session. Never had to wait long for an elevator. When I wanted a soda after midnight, found a vending machine literally a few steps away from my door. Taxicabs are always there right next to hotel, so there was no wait when I needed to go to the airport. All in all, everything was very convenient.

A coffee-shop on the ground floor is a big plus in my eyes. One afternoon they had a long line, but otherwise you can get your latte and a pastry in 3-5 minutes. There is also a Starbucks across the road but it is somewhat hidden. In my experience Starbucks was a little busier and slower than hotel's own coffee shop.

Most of my friends shunned hotel's restaurant deeming it overpriced. Indeed, it cannot compete on price with some of the charming brunch places and cafes within walking distance, such as Matt's Big Breakfast. That being said, hotel's breakfast is totally adequate for those lacking time or enthusiasm to explore other options.

They had a neat model train display in the lobby. Could not look at it without a smile :) Think my son would enjoy it even more than me. And last but not least my room had a gorgeous view of the mountains. This view will probably stick in my memory long after I forget my bad luck with cards :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

We know what you mean about the train - happens every year when it goes up, it brings a smile to our faces too!

We're glad you enjoyed the convenience of our central location, as well as our amenities here at the hotel, and also had time to go out and explore a bit to all of the places within walking distance.

We hope you will come back again! Thank you for your feedback and your business, both mean alot to us.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We spent the extra $30 per night to upgrade to the club level. This is money well-spent. It includes internet access (normally $14.95 per night) plus access to Club Room which has refreshments and a business center. The Club Room serves an excellent continental breakfast with hot oatmeal (not the instant kind), yogurt, fresh fruit, pastry, bagels, coffee, tea, fruit juice, and more. From 4-7 pm they serve hot and cold appetizers that we found substantial enough to serve as a light meal. Unlimited free soft drinks, and alcohol for a fee. The guest rooms are really nice with fabulous luxury linens, a large shower with a shower head mounted at least 6'2" high (nice for us tall people) and good water pressure. The towels are large and plush, and there are robes provided. Our room had a beautiful view of the downtown lights. About a 40" flat screen TV and most importantly a remote with SLEEP TIMER! Free bottled water in the room, and a small refrigerator in the room - no mini bar. The only improvement I would recommend would be a mirror over the desk in the main room.

Room Tip: 28th floor - Club Level
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luanne S

Dear Luanne,

We're really delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our Club level accomodations, as well as our Club Lounge, and that you found it to be a great value. This is music to our ears...

We know that you have many hotel choices when visiting a city; we appreciate being the one you chose for your trip to Phoenix.

Thank you and we stand ready to warmly welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was a very nice hotel in a great area. There are plenty of shopping and restaurants in within walking distance. The suite we had was large, comfortable, and clean. The service was excellent. The restaurant was difficult to get into, but we were able to make a late reservation, and the food was very good. The valet was very friendly. We enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nomadicsoul818

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and why. We are glad you were able to experience District restaurant as well. Our culinary team is the best!

Our central location is perfect isn't it? We love being in the very heart of the downtown area with the ease of getting anywhere just by walking.

We genuinely thank you for your business and we hope that you will be able to return again soon to the Valley of the Sun.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Sheraton is located very close to the convention center, and is walking distance from many little shops, restaurants, and places just to visit. The room I had was clean, and service is excellent. The gym is good, as is the pool. I had no worries whatsoever at this place. Overall I would come back without hesitation to this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We’re thrilled that you would both recommend us and also return for another visit – there is no better compliment than that.

We know how important it is for our business travelers to be able to focus on the business at hand, and leave the other details to us.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just checked in yesterday. Comparing it to other Sheratons I've stayed at, this one is very nice, both the lobby area and my room. Unfortunately, couldn't get upgraded to Club level, but my room was upgraded with a small fridge and great view of Phoenix. Haven't tried the restaurants yet, will do that later. Easy walking distance to other restaurants as well. One of the features I really like at all the Sheratons is the tasty Starbucks coffee I can make in the mornings.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Welcome and we hope you are still enjoying your stay!

We are confident that you will enjoy the menu selection at our restaurant as we have a wonderful culinary team here - creative and passionate about what is served - we are fortunate to have such a great team. There is an herb garden on our 4th floor and many of the herbs and vegetables from the garden are incorporated into the dishes served in the restaurant.

Enjoy the stay, enjoy the City, we are happy to have you with us!