“No negatives.”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is big, but nice. The rooms are not very big ( we had room with 2 queens), but big enough and, more important, clean. The room has a fridge and tea/coffee maker. Wifi in room not free. The bathroom is nice, with everything you expect of Sheraton. The outside pool has salty water, which was very warm. But with outside temperature of 112 F that was to be expected. Breakfast costs usd 18,50 (full American). In our rate (usd 115,- + tax) parking was included. The view from the 20th floor is beautiful, with airplains flying by (no noice!). Although the hotel is located downtown, there is no recognisable nightlife .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and found us up to the Sheraton standard!

It sounds as if you were here during one of our hot summer days; however, I assure you that Phoenix has nightlife and the next time you visit, I would invite you to connect with the Concierge desk and have them point you to areas of interest. I guarantee they will have suggestions for you.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience here and we do hope that if you find yourself back in the Valley of the Sun, that we will be your hotel of choice for your next visit.

We will be ready to warmly welcome you back.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Phoenix

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My stay in Phoenix was bittersweet, as I was dropping my eldest child off at her ASU Phoenix. The Sheraton was PERFECTLY located for this. I left my car in the garage and walked to the dorm each morning to meet her.

Service at this hotel was amazing - and this means something as I am a frequent, but picky, traveler. I ended up with a room overlooking the dorm building and with a gorgeous view of Camelback. It was so beautiful at night when the surrounding buildings were lit up.

My daughter is a freshman, so I will be a frequent visitor to Phoenix. I will stay at the Sheraton every time!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Your review was music to our ears.

Although we do understand that your trip to Phoenix was a mixed bag of emotions for you, all the more reason that we are so very pleased to know that your stay at our hotel was a bit of a respite from the activity of getting your daughter settled into her dorm and her new college life.

We look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future as your daughter progresses from freshman to graduating senior!

Thank you for your kind comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Attended a conference at this hotel in August. I had a deluxe king size room on the 25 floor with spectacular views of the mountains. Room was clean and fresh and I did take advantage of their Make a Green Choice program where I received points instead of housekeeping service.The food and beverage selections at our conference were great. All staff members were extremely helpful and friendly. Had lunch one afternoon at Coaches a few block from the hotel at the suggestion of the concierge - great choice. I hope our conference will return to this hotel in a few years. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael O

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your conference and your stay with us.
We genuinely appreciate your feedback, your business and the fact that you recommended us to your fellow travelers.

We also thank you for opting to partner with us in our sustainability efforts through choosing the “Make A Green Choice’ program offered here. We’re pleased that you found it to be a good value as well.

It was a pleasure to be of service and we hope to welcome you back for a future visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It's pricey but a very nice hotel. Clean, spacious, with restaurants nearby within walking distance. The restaurant on the ground floor is also very good. Hotel staff was friendly and housekeeping was pretty quick in getting the requested toiletries. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Nic_PHX, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello Ivory L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We value everyone's feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Really enjoyed my weekend stay at this hotel, which has a lot of awesome nuances that enhance comfort. First off, my flight was delayed and Gary gladly blocked out a comfy room and then, upon arrival, Matt, made sure weary-me was taken care of. Great location, comfortable room.

On the subtle but comfy amenities: great computers/internet cafe with free wifi in lobby with reasonably-priced cafe, refrigerator in the room, free bottle of water in room, eco choice ($5 or 500 SPG points if you don't need housekeeping). The AC worked on command (and the heat if room too cold) -- important as Phoenix has that hot climate. Definitely a 4-star hotel and then some. If I can somehow land this hotel during some/part of Super Bowl week (I generally go during the week, I'm a big football fan), I'd be oh-so-excited.

Staff again was the superstar with their genuine can-do attitude -- not just hey I'm here to do my job but I'll treat you as if I was the customer. As my room was via Priceline, this was especially evident by what Matt said at check-in -- wish I could remember the exact words, but something to the effect that all customers deserve the best possible room to meet their comfort needs and it's his privilege to do so. Mind you, I'm not a demanding guest -- the most I ask for is a king bed and higher floor away from the elevator for quiet, all if possible and if available. Also, housekeeping was very quiet and very respectful (as I slept in and had the do not disturb sign on).

Only critiques: gotta offer an outlet near the bed (most have a smartphone and need access - I have a small extension 3-feet, 3-outlet cord and even that was a stretch literally-figuratively).

Thanks, Sheraton Phoenix, for a wonderful and relaxing weekend stay. You rock!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Hello FairmindedTraveler,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear that you had such a great stay and we thank you for your feedback on having outlets near the bed. We hope you are able to join us for the Super Bowl! There will be many fun events happening in Downtown!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great spot and it is an easy walk to most things in downtown section of Phoenix. It is very airy and clean and the staff is very friendly. It has a great roomy gym and a nice pool. Although it was not very crowded, there are many places to socialize with large groups and there is a nice bar for solo or small groups.

I will stay here next time I am in Phoenix.

Stayed: August 2014

Hello Tdiso,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed exploring Downtown. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We held a function at this property late last month and the staff did a very nice job with it. Conference rooms were set up on time and as requested, food was always on time and there was decent variety to choose from. Meeting buffet food quality was good with minimal exceptions (runny scrambled eggs) and tasty.

With respect to the property- it is a centrally located, well kept, upscale hotel that is easy to reach from the airport. There are decent restaurants and shopping close by. The staff was very friendly and professional.

The rooms are standard upscale Sheraton furnished with good aircon's (you need that in Phoenix during summer). I'd ask for the club floor as long as your a Sheraton member.

The Sheraton club is above average and the gym is very well equipped with both machines and free weights.

Room Tip: Ask for thr club floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Gary T,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your conference went well! We look forward to your next visit.