“First time in Phoenix/Tempe”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Will stay here again as it was very conveniently located relative to the airport and ASU. Had a car, but next time will try public transport; the Metro goes straight to ASU, and I think is a very short walk from the hotel... hope it's short because I've never experienced heat like AZ heat before). There is some parking under a shade structure on the weekends, but during the weekdays it is reserved-parking for businesses; I think the hotel should install covered parking (why aren't solar panels absolutely everywhere here??) The complimentary breakfast buffet was good, but not open early enough (7am); they did offer some grab-and-go foods earlier than 7am though, so you're not left without breakfast. A local paper suggested all strenuous activity should take place between 4 and 7am in the summer, so I really think they should offer a complete breakfast earlier. We fit 5 people in our room as it had 2 queens and a pull-out sleeper; the sofa was pretty uncomfortable I was told by its occupant, but that's to be expected.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. Yes, the light rail is a short block away but I do understand how that can seem like a mile when it’s almost 110 degrees outside. Our shuttle driver will usually drop guests off at the stop if he is available to do so. Thank you for your suggestion about offering breakfast earlier during the summer. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our early bird grab and go offerings. We hope to see you again soon, perhaps during a cooler time of year.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed here a week for business. The hotel has it's swimming pool in the center of the complex and the noise from it echoes up like a bullhorn. The pool doesn't close until 11 and the kids screaming was intense most nights. It was great the one night the thunderstorm came through.

The room service was good, but slow on picking up the trays, mine stayed outside my door almost 24 hours. The maid services was great and the place was clean. I've stayed here before and would again. There's a Chinese Cultural Center in walking distance. They have a Chinese grocery (which was awesome) and a couple of Chinese food restaurants.

Oh, and the free breakfast was consistently good. Service was prompt and polite by the staff. Oh and one of the two elevators near my room was out of service the whole time. It was slow, but the stairs were easily accessible.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Talanesea

Thank you for your review and feedback. I do apologize for the elevators being down during your stay – we can unfortunately thank that same thunderstorm. I will pass on your comments to my security staff to remind them to continuously monitor the noise levels at the pool as it gets later in the evening. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our proximity to the Chinese Cultural Center – it is popular with our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

this hotel is so posh, comfortable, attractive, reasonably priced, and has such excellent guest services that I would like to live there!

Room Tip: I stayed in an upstairs room facing the pool and it was very convenient as it was 115 degrees and I...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

I appreciate the ‘excellent’ rating and we would be happy to have you move in any time! Please just make sure you have all your friends and family visit and stay with us as well.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

The rooms were spacious and allowed for the little ones to sleep behind a closed door while the adults stayed up later to watch TV. The breakfast was exceptional with a full buffet of hot food, fruit and cold cereals. The staff was welcoming and cheerful!

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and the best comment you can give is a good recommendation, especially for families traveling to the Phoenix area. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here after arriving on a late flight. The woman at the check-in desk was great - making us laugh despite a long, unpleasant flight experience with two young children. Breakfast in the morning was the best complimentary breakfast we've experienced. When we got on the shuttle in the morning to return to the airport to pick up our rental car, the driver went out of his way to take us right to the rental car terminal instead of dropping us at the airport like we had expected. He even got some travel brochures and marked up a map to help us plan our week-long adventure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback and great comments, specifically about our front desk and bell staff. I’m happy to hear that we were able to help make your family vacation a memorable one. Thank you again and we hope to see you back in Phoenix soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stay at the Doubletree Phoenix often. We are from Tucson and go to Phoenix for getaways often. This is my favorite property due to it's convenience to multiple activities and value. The property is well maintained, close to both the I-10 and 202 freeways and the light rail system, has comfortable, quiet, clean rooms, and being a suite provides plenty of room. The free breakfast buffet is never outstanding, but always more than adequate. The morning buffet staff is friendly and helpful. The front desk staff has never been anything short of friendly and helpful as well, handling special requests often. Of course, the free warm cookie is always a special treat!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

I’m glad to hear that we are your ‘home away from home’ when you are visiting the Phoenix area – we value our customer loyalty and appreciate your comments. The restaurant and kitchen staff is constantly looking for ways to improve your breakfast experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon so we can welcome you with our famous DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie once again.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We had a 7:00 am flight out so we chose doubletree and with Hilton rewards this property was even better value as we needed two rooms. My husband returned the car that evening so we wouldn't have to take thetime in the morning. The Free shuttle service that doubletree provides both to and from the airport and to a nearby restaurant are an added perk. Not to mention the warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival.We couldn't try the pool as it was closed for a sandstorm. The only problem I have is that the suites which are extremely comfortable and appear brand new are acessed from an exterior coutyard which yes might be pkeasNt in the winter in AZ bit when it is 105 out I found it not fun as Phoenix has high humidity unlike the other areas we visited in AZ .
They also provide coffee,fruit,and muffins for early departures who are missing the breakfast sit down which was appreciated by all five in my family.