“Great! Will definitely stay again.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I really liked everything about this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very nice and clean. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was huge! I was very impressed with the size and the updated look of the room. Even the bathroom was a really decent size.
I was only in this hotel for 1 night but I wish I could have stayed longer. I had a very early flight, I had to be at the airport at 3:30am and the shuttle was ready and waiting for me in the morning. The front desk staff and even the shuttle driver were all so friendly, it was a very nice experience. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am flying in to Phoenix!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Wow! Thanks for the great comments. I will thank my team for going above and beyond to provide first-class service. Next time you stay with us, make sure it’s for more than one night.
Todd D. Wilson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here as part of a Caravan Tour. The staff was very friendly and the facility gorgeous. The room was suite like and very quite. While we did not use the pool it looked in need of a good cleaning. It is possible this was being done as we left. The lounge and restaurant was adequate if not spectacular. The breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the compliments regarding our gorgeous property and friendly staff. I hope that your Caravan tour was spectacular! You certainly picked a great time to be in Phoenix. The weather has been fantastic. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I've been searching for decent Hilton related properties (since I'm accruing Hilton points) near the Phoenix Airport and finally found one. While all the rooms have outside entries, they've done a wonderful job of making this feel like an indoor hotel. With the suite configuration, the bedroom is towards the rear of the suite so any "hallway" noise is almost completely eliminated. And they've figured out how to dampen the sound of the air conditioner going on and off all night. They also have a shuttle to the airport and you can leave your car there up to 7 days if you've stayed at least one night. I'm definitely returning!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for commenting on the many benefits we offer. Our quiet and spacious suites (in addition to our comfy beds) make it easy to enjoy a restful sleep. It appears that you have found your “Home Suite Home” in Phoenix. We look forward to next time!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

The only reason I am giving this a 3 is the exterior entry. Traveling alone arriving at 8 at night and haveing to navigate through a large outdoor courtyard past many many dark corners I was not given a very easy feeling and having traveled for 12 years I dont spook easily. I cant believe no one has mentioned this in the reviews.
Perhaps if I had been placed a bit closer to the front of the property would have been better.
I did call the desk however sine they were so full there was really nothing that could be done.
I stayed the night however moved in the morning.
The front desk staff is great-
rooms are very clean however do have a little bit of a tired feel to them.Grounds are very well kept.

If I was traveling with someone I am sure it would not be an issue.
Deb

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the detailed review. I am happy to read that our suites are clean and the staff is friendly. I apologize, however, if there was any uneasy feelings during the evening hours. We do provide 24-hour security and all of our exterior gates are locked, requiring a valid room key for entry. We hope to see you again. Next time we’ll place you nearer to the main lobby.

Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Just at the end of a 3 week road trip so feel qualified to review this. A really pleasant stay here.

We phoned the hotel on picking up the baggage and the shuttle was along within a few mins of us getting to the stop. There were a few ppl waiting there already so seems they are on a half hourly schedule.

To add to existing reviews, if you sign up to HHonors you can legitimately request for their free Wifi, applicable to multiple devices, the signal of which was excellent even from our back block room. Don't forget to ask for your free drinking water at check in, it isn't in your room.

Bfast was good - good selection and the "links" (American sausages, taste like MacDonalds one for us European travellers) were nice. Machine coffee in the room was above average. I also liked the good distribution of power sockets in the room including one (photo attached) on the base of the desk lamp on the bedside table.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I normally stay here when I fly out of Sky Harbor for extended trips due to the fact your one night room stay gets you 7 nights of free secure parking. If I book my return stay there as well, then I can park my car for up to two weeks at no cost. The hotel is above average for a Hilton Airport hotel with a friendly staff, clean rooms and a great breakfast. You can't go wrong here and it's my normal choice for my family of 4 when we are flying out of PHX.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

We’re happy to make the trip to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor easy and secure. Our 24-hour complimentary shuttle is an added bonus to the free parking we offer. We look forward to your next time through town.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

For a two night stay, we very much enjoyed this hotel. The grounds are immaculate and peaceful. The suite is large and well-done. The staff were most helpful (found us a room for an 11am check-in). The shuttle was quick and the driver helpful. The breakfast area is too small for the number of people (noisy and crowded), and the selection is less than other Doubletree buffets for Diamond members (e.g., exactly ONE kind of pastry). It would also be nice if the breakfast buffet went until 10am instead of only 9am. The room's refrigerator was nice and larger, but even on the lowest (highest?) setting froze canned drinks and fruit. As with most HHonors properties, the "high speed" internet was not.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple