“Great Stay”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I love coming to the Doubletree when I'm in Phoenix. It's pleasant, rooms are spacious, the breakfast is great, front desk is helpful, close to airport (but not too close), close to public transport... What's not to like?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The hotel met all our expectations. We enjoyed having the separate sleeping area from the living room area of the room. It allowed for one of us to either stay up late or get up early without disturbing the other one. The light rail is located a block away. The surrounding area felt safe when we made the walk early in the morning and late at night. The $20 weekly rail pass was perfect. (Kids and seniors are 1/2 price) We were able to go to the Phoenix Zoo, Botanical Garden (1 mile walk from zoo), Phoenix Convention center and downtown area, Heard Museum and a Target Super Store. The grounds of the hotel were kept well groomed of leaves. Looking out our front window was the top of orange trees and a courtyard view of the pool. The pool has a 3' area perfect for little kids which gradually increased to 8'. The hot tub made all the walking we did during the day a great escape in the late evening until 11 pm. The gym with free weights an exercise bike, treadmill and elliptical met my needs. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Ray who provide our transportation to and from the airport, the front desk staff who allowed us to check in a little early and stay a little past check out, and the breakfast wait staff. The hot breakfast had a large selection that never disappointed us. There was always an assortment of fresh cut up fruit, fruit to go, yogurt, steel cut oatmeal, eggs, a type of potato, toast and either waffles or pancakes. Orange juice, cranberry juice, milk and hot beverages were also available. The business center was just outside the buffet, which was perfect to check email briefly or print out an itinerary for the day before heading out. In order to prevent virus' you just can't use the USB. So plan on bringing extra SD cards as you will want to take a ton of pictures. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the Phoenix Convention Center, Chase Field, and the downtown area. Being on the light rail and not driving in traffic or having to park, made the trip seem like 5 minutes. I highly recommend the hotel for its location and service, and for its lower prices than the downtown hotels. The added benefit of breakfast and close proximity to the rail/buses makes it perfect. Prepaying saved us 20% on their website.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

I’m happy to read that the DoubleTree Suites will become your hotel of choice while you visit sunny Phoenix. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Hotel is well maintained with a good staff. Room was clean and quiet. There was no difficulty in setting a pleasant temperature for the room. I'm allergic to feathers and the hotel had down pillows. The hotel staff quickly replaced these with foam pillows when we called Room Service. The breakfast did not taste good. In addition, the selection was limited due to lack of restocking items.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Phoenix to celebrate our anniversary. The Doubletree hotel had pretty grounds and a decent breakfast. The room (we had a King suite) was ok. It had a separate little area from the bedroom with a fridge, couch, table, and sink. However, it smelled like smoke. We do not smoke, and I can't stand the smell of smoke. It was obvious our room was not a non-smoking room, even though we booked a non-smoking room. Overall, our trip to Phoenix was wonderful, but I would not stay at this hotel again unless the rooms were updated and it was a non-smoking hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

I apologize that your suite had a smoke smell. We have only six smoking suites on property (out of 242) and these suites will be converted to non-smoking in June. After June we will be a 100% non-smoking hotel. Thank you for the business and we look forward to your next visit to sunny Phoenix.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting Phoenix to walk for my graduation. I am from NJ and did not know the area. I initially made a reservation closer to the airport which was a very undesirable area. This hotel was close enough to the airport (although they do have a shuttle I had a rental car) but definitely safe!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Congratulations on your graduation! You must be very proud of your accomplishment. I’m happy to read that we were able to share this event with you. We keep guest safety and security as a top priority and I’m glad that you felt safe and secure here.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I spent only one night here, but everything was as it should be-friendly, conscientious, helpful staff, clean suites that were well maintained, lovely pool and grounds, even fruit trees right outside my door. Nothing was left to chance. Few questions needed to be answered, and if I had to ask, say, where the restaurant or bar was, all questions were answered clearly and thoroughly. I got oriented quickly and it was easy to find my way around to all amenities. The bed was comfortable, and the suite could have slept 4 if needed. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, overlooking the pool. Very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

This is high praise indeed! Thank you. I’m happy to read that the property and the staff delivered on our promise to provide warm and friendly service in a clean, comfortable setting.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I really liked everything about this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very nice and clean. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was huge! I was very impressed with the size and the updated look of the room. Even the bathroom was a really decent size.
I was only in this hotel for 1 night but I wish I could have stayed longer. I had a very early flight, I had to be at the airport at 3:30am and the shuttle was ready and waiting for me in the morning. The front desk staff and even the shuttle driver were all so friendly, it was a very nice experience. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am flying in to Phoenix!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Wow! Thanks for the great comments. I will thank my team for going above and beyond to provide first-class service. Next time you stay with us, make sure it’s for more than one night.