“Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I recently (Dec 2013) stayed here and was really glad we did. The staff was outstanding in their service to my wife and I. We travel frequently and the staff here has to rank as one of the best ever encountered. The hotel shuttle took my wife and I three times to local attractions. Two different drivers were involved. And when I asked for additional suggestions...one driver even provided hand written list with details of must see/do activities. Great service, hotel looked great and room reall clean. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Sedona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Absolutely wonderful experience at this hotel! We went as a family treat to the Phoenix Zoo Lights. The staff was very kind. The rooms were nice and clean and comfortable. The shuttle to the Zoo was great! No waiting in long lines of cars and busses. The cookies are so yummy, and the hot apple cider was so good. When we returned from the Zoo Lights there were warm cookies and hot cider in the lobby. We plan on going again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I would recommend this hotel for great airport access. Their shuttle runs twice an hour, 24hrs/day and was on-time for me (crucial for any airport hotel). You can actually see the airport from the upper floors but I really heard zero airplane noise.They also offer free park-n-fly too: spend one night and park for free 7 nights. That almost pays for the room alone. The facilities are a little dated but fine for a night or two. I missed breakfast due to an early flight but it is included in the room rate. If I have another early morning flight, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessed from doors that open to the outside and not into interior hallways.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for the great feedback regarding our convenient park-n-fly location. I'm glad that it worked well for you. It's a very popular benefit that we can offer.
San Clemente, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Although our stay was short we will definitely come back and stay here. It is right by the airport but not noisy at all. It is also near the Japanese cultural center and I heard the park is a must see.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Mari E. for staying with us and the vote of confidence to stay with us again.
Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, December 17th and 18th. It was our first stay at this Doubletree and it was great. We were in a handicapped room and it was very comfortable. The only drawback is that the hotel entrance is kind of difficult to find the first time.

The buffet breakfast was very good but as usual the hotel restaurant were a little expensive. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you azcherrybear for the compliments. The Hotel's location within the Gateway Office Complex can make finding the entrance a bit challenging but I'm confident the search was worth it.
Window Rock, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The accomodations were very good, the faucet handles on the wash basin were not adjusted correctly. The breakfast staff on the last day of my stay were rude because I was a few minutes late for the complimentary breakfast. Overall, I enjoyed the room and amenities.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Mike S. for letting me know about the faucet handles that need adjusting. We will correct them immediately. I'm happy that you enjoyed the accommodations and I will work with our breakfast staff to soften their approach at closing time. We hope that you stay with us again soon.
Chino Hills, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Breakfast Buffet was Generic, asked to have Boardining pass printed for me and was completely pushed to the business center. No added service from front desk. Overall Cleanlyness of room and furniture was very good. The ammendities were fine, but I judge a stay by the service, that you will always remember. I will remember the desk clerk rejecting my request to print a boarding pass at this hotel. This I have never experienced any where before.. Just a boarding pass. Its the little things that make a difference.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize that our desk clerk did not assist with your boarding pass. I will emphasize your comment that the little things make the difference. We try to always be warm and accommodating and we will continue to strive for excellence.