“Good Value, Great Service”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #39 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at the Double Tree when we got into Phoenix. And, how happy we were when we got there at 2:00 a.m. and they handed us a warm, chocolate chip cookie. No matter what time it is, that is always a nice gesture and very appreciated after travelling. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast buffet a plus. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you to the staff for a great stay at a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I will thank my great staff for you. These are kind words and I'm happy that our warm chocolate chip cookies hit the sweet spot. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel property is nice with clean, spacious rooms, large pool, good breakfast buffet,and convenient location. The bar is nice, but the restaurant food is average. All the personnel were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the vote of confidence that you would choose us again. I'm glad that everything worked well for you while you visited sunny Phoenix. Please see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Obviously the cookies are wonderful! The room was great and the price was right! We were in room 349, I think the ceiling in the bathroom is leaking. I forgot to mention that when we checked out. The breakfast buffet was generous and convenient, the food was just ok, and there were some stocking issues but we weren't in a hurry and they didn't hurry us out, we sat and visited for quite a while so we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your recent stay in suite 349. We'll take a look at that bathroom ceiling. Thank you for letting us know. We'll see you again next Spring Training season if not sooner.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Was in Phoenix for a few days on business and the usual hotels I stay at were booked or now expensive because of baseball spring training starting. This hotel was next best available in the Hilton chain that I use. It turned out to work well for me. The commute into our store location and back was easier than what I had experienced from other hotels and the proximity to the airport was nice for my return home. The bar/restaurant was quite good for a hotel.Service there and thruout the hotel was good. Will likely use it again.

1  Thank mrlar13
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad that we met your business needs and may become your Phoenix hotel on future trips. We will work hard to keep your loyalty. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Was in Phoenix on business the week of February 24th. The property is very well maintained, clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did an excellent job of providing daily service and I always returned to a clean comfortable room. High speed wireless internet was always available with quick response. The morning breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious. The chef was meticulous about keeping the buffet stocked and clean. I would definitely recommend staying at this property and will return. Oh yes... The cookies were delicious.....

2  Thank Abqdiesel

Gotta love those cookies! Thank you for the positive review. I will pass the compliments onto the Housekeeping Team and also to our Chef. Our complimentary full breakfast buffet is a great way to start each day.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Room furnishings are so old and dirty, impossible to clean. I put a towel on the couch before sitting on it. I wouldn't walk on carpet without socks, it was disgusting. Not what you would expect for price and brand. The cookies were the highlight of the stay. No bills available when checking out. No desk clerk on arrival - had to go find her. Security guard doubled for shuttle driver. This place is straight out of the 60's. That can have some charm but not in this case. Place needs to either be sold to another brand or spend time and money to revamp this hotel. Would not recommend for children.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with my management team so that we can make improvements where possible. Thank you for the honest and detailed feedback.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here on business Feb. 15th-19th. The room was very clean, bed and pillows exceptionally comfortable. Excellent breakfast provided each morning. My flight was delayed and I arrived very late. I called the hotel and they sent the shuttle for me right away, no issue at all. The light rail train stop is an easy walk, maybe two blocks, for transportation to downtown. Overall a great experience.

2  Thank Kandis F

Good news... I'm happy that our Hotel met all expectations and that you will recommend us in the future. The nearby light rail service is convenient and well-run. It's a great benefit to have it so near to the Hotel.