“Chic, efficient, utilitarian hotel convenient for the airport but...”

Aloft Phoenix-Airport
Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 23 June 2012

New, modern hotel with efficient checking-in and utilitarian amenities including pool for convenient stop-over near Phoenix Sky Harbour Airport at a very reasonable price (free shuttle to/from airport when you want one).
Rooms well designed, clean and all amenities one could want in room are provided and equipped with comfortable bedding. Easy snacking and basic breakfast available as a self-service in the Lobby Area.
But: the rooms facing the airport can be noisy from both the light railway and aircraft noise; a strange omission for a modern hotel. However, with the noise dampener working (air-conditioning to you and me) there was no interruption to a good night's sleep.
Recommend asking for a rear facing room (overlooking pool) rather than an airport facing room for a more peaceful night's rest. Rating due to noise and no explanation of room location (there was plenty of choice as it turned out).

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, rear-facing (pool-side) room location for noise avoidance.
2  Thank Sogoesit
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for staying at the Aloft Phoenix Airport & sharing your comments!

I would also invite you to check out the pantry area again on your next visit, we are in the process of upgrading the items offered not just for breakfast but also some of our other menu items available... We think you will be quiet pleased with the new choices.

The “noise dampener” is a great way to put it, and all rooms do come with this same feature already preinstalled! We are aware of noise due to being close to the airport and we try to do our best to keep this in mind when we do our room selections, unfortunately sometimes it is unavoidable.

We do hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Hotel seems fairly new. Rooms are trying to hard to be "stylish" for me, but the hotel is nice. Great location near the airport which is good if you arrive late or leave early My room on the top floor overlooked the pool and I didn't hear any road/train/plane noise.

Lobby is pleasant and the variety of food offerings looked very nice even though I didn't try them.

1  Thank CarolLeeAtlanta
Reviewed 19 June 2012

If you are a light sleeper, you might need the earplugs.
The airport is that close.
So is the Phoenix Light Rail.
Very convenient.

The lobby has a nice ambiance and seemed like a popular spot for the happy hour.
The cozy outdoor pool is open for 24 hours.

The staff was very helpful.

Well done.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rena D
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Nice and clean, and really loved the different features that this hotel offers. I loved the food area....very fresh foods packaged to take away. I hate sitting in hotel coffee shops. Free airport shuttle, nice little pool area....cute little bar....and I really like the room. This is like a baby "W" hotel, but much better prices. I will always use this hotel chain from now on!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RollerDiscoPrincess
Reviewed 11 June 2012

As a platinum Starwood Member, I ususally stay at full service hotels, but had a quick one day in Phoenix and decided to stay by the airport. This Aloft was a little removed from any activity, but an inexpensive5 min train to downtown Tempe was nice and this hotel was very clean, friendly and tastefully decorated, I felt like I did have a loft apartment in the desert! No onsite restaurant, but a full menu "store" for breakfast and lunch with nearby chain restaurant...however multiple call in for takeout places! Well done.

Room Tip: "Pool view rooms are nicer."
1  Thank wildkat2000
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived at this hotel after a long flight from the UK. We didnt have anywhere booked at the time and were offered a great rate from the Aloft Reservations team. We were colelcted from the Airport by there free shuttle service and promtly showed to our rooms. When we enquired about food we were advised that although there was no on site resturanunt there were ones near by. We were also given a selction of take-out menus and informed we could call for free from our room and have them delivered directly to us.
The room was large and imaculate. The beds were very comfy and excatly what was needed after a long flight. Following a great nights sleep, check out was prompt and polite before taking the free shuttle back to the airport. I will definatly use this hotel next time i land in Pheonix. 5*

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheRealJB85
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I chose this hotel for its convenience, also it is relatively affordable for SPG members. The hotel is overall very good, I can't complain and would definitely be back since I usually stay for a short business trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business