“Very nice airpot hotel”

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Matosinhos, Portugal
“Very nice airpot hotel”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I just spent a night there but it was quite good. The frontdesk service was very nice and the rooms were quite modern.They have a shuttle service to the airport which greatly facilitates the traveling

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to make your travels easier. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Phoenix.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I'm a native Phoenician but I live in the Midwest now. I come home several times a year and it's not always convenient for someone to take me to the airport. This hotel fit my needs perfectly. It has a free convenient shuttle to the airport and free wifi. I had no idea it would be such an awesome stay which was an incredible bonus.

The hotel is beautiful. It is decorated in a hip, modern way and just looks cool.

My room was awesome, very Jetsons. There were a ton of plugs so I could plug in my phone, laptop, and IPad. Most importantly, once I closed the door it was SILENT in my room. This was pretty incredible considering there was a DJ in the lobby.

I will be back!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 104 which was incredibly convenient and on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments, we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! It also pleases us to hear that you enjoyed our savvy style, and the room was quiet so you could get a good nights rest (hopefully after you got to enjoy the DJ first) :-) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

All in all this is a very good hotel. It's clean, modern, and it has an exceptionally friendly staff. Right next to the airport, it is in a very convenient location. They offer a complimentary shuttle bus, and there is access to public transportation as well. Good places to jog or right around the corner as well.

Consistent with this type of hotel, there aren't great food options available. But it's not too bad.

The only downside is being here in the airport, we can be a little loud. But nothing out of the ordinary for that type of location.

I will definitely stay here again my next visit.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TwoWas
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take cleanliness and customer service serious, and I am pleased to hear that we did a good job. As you mentioned; outside of our Re-Fuel station and the quick-bites at the wxyz there are not a lot of other food options in the immediate area, however our front desk talent is always happy to help you find alternative options in the nearby areas. We look forward to having you join us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
blue bell
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had to find a hotel in an emergency because our home lost power. I didn't want to spend a lot and as a SPG Gold member I focused in on Starwood properties. Basically the Aloft fit the bill since the rate for the night was only $89 and it included a $10 food credit and free wifi. So, the price was right.

What I really liked was that it wasn't your typical, nondescript airport hotel. The lobby felt as if we were in a W Hotel Lite. Yes, the rooms were small but they were very modern and clean. Plus, the shower and the bed were both great! And the rooms were quiet although we could hear the light rail train on the street in front if the hotel. But I think it stopped operating late at night so it wasn't much of a problem. And contrary to other reviews we never heard planes.

All in all, a real good stay in an emergency and a chain that I would gladly stay at again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that we were able to be here for you, and that you enjoyed your stay. Should you ever have the need again (emergency or just a staycation getaway), we hope that you'll come join us again.
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Didn't know what to expect, first time to stay in an Aloft property. My son and I really loved this hotel. Professional front desk staff, close to airport and good shuttle service.
Relaxing ambiance, very clean, very modern and functional room. Beds were very comfortable,
lots of bathroom counter to spread out toiletries. Good quality soap and shampoo. Appreciate the media outlets, could both charge our phones, iPads and camera battery.
Air conditioner was noisy. Would've liked a more quiet air conditioner with lower fan setting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your review kind review! We are very happy that you and your son enjoyed our hotel. We take great pride in our cleanliness and customer service, and it is great to hear when it gets noticed. With the weather finally changing we are starting our preventive maintenance schedule for all of the air conditioners, which get pretty worked over with our Phoenix summers, and you should see (hear) a considerable difference the next time you come to see us. Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here the night before a flight. We were assigned a third-floor room at the front of the hotel. The hotel is across the street from an airport runway, but it's convenience comes with the price of roaring jets all night. Further, there is a busy intersection in front of the hotel, with loud traffic all night. Needless to say, not much sleeping that night. We were booked to stay there following our return flight, so I requested that our reservation reflect a request for a room facing the rear of the hotel. Thankfully, that request was accommodated on our return, and the second room, overlooking the pool, was much quieter.

I must comment on the shoddy construction of all of the Aloft hotels in which I have stayed. They seem to have been quickly slapped together, with little attention given to quality. The concept is rather spare and clean to appeal to a younger, hip crowd, which is fine. But there have been loose faucet handles, drywall paste smeared all over the wallpaper, poorly-installed doors, etc. Staff are always friendly and accommodating, but overall not a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel away from the busy street and airport noise. The bar ca...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AZgirl4092
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your review, and I apologize for your first night not being a satisfying experience. I have passed your comments concerning the rooms on to the manager of our maintenance department, who will be doing a room by room inspection and incorporating the results to their maintenance checklist. Although your comments were pertaining to the brand in general, we will be doing everything we can here to correct any issues we find. We hope that you will come join us again!
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 11 October 2013

OK, there are two Alofts near PHX - make sure you get the right one! The Aloft Tempe is GREAT. Super helpful staff, clean and a great value. This Aloft, the Aloft Phoenix Airport...not so much any of that. I won't bore you with the details, but having stayed at Aloft Phoenix Airport three times in the last two weeks, I am certain this is a terrible hotel. Dirty, poorly maintained, and with staff that simply don't seem interested in fixing problems. Stuff goes wrong, I get it. But I think the measure of a business, any business, is how they fix problems. This hotel gets an 'F-' in that regard. The Aloft Tempe is maybe 10 minutes further from the airport, but a million miles better....make sure you get the right one!!

Room Tip: Whatever you do, avoid the ground floor rooms, ESPECIALLY 109, like the plague. That is the room the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EnglishLight
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay with us. We take both cleanliness and customer service very seriously, and as the general manager I would be interested in speaking with you to address the issues and make sure they never occur in the future. Please reach out to me at pam.mock@alofthotels.com, and I look forward to speaking with you then. Thank you again and take care.