“I like it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Glendale, California
“I like it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The staff was very friendly...The location was great along with the price compared to other places. Great for business travel. Free parking, bar, pool, billiards...non stuffy. Small area for quick bite to eat...limited made to order stuff, however just enough to get going, Shuttle to and from the airport if needed

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelshooter71
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We like it, that you liked it! We pride ourselves on providing great costumer service, and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Full bar and pool table in the lobby. Check in was a little slow. Nice, clean room. Get on the 6th floor facing the airport to see planes landing and taking off without the noise. Nice area to grab a snack. Fresh fruit available also.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. The wxyz is a great place to unwind of an evening, be it casual conversation or a couple rack of pool. Our Re:Fuel area is also always open and perfect for a late night snack or quick bite for breakfast before heading out to start your day (the fresh fruit you mentioned is hand cut daily). We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice, service was good but a bit inconsistent. The location is hard to beat, 5 min from he airport, in fact, you could walk there by going towards the train and then it's one block from the train station. I run twice while I was there near Pappago Golf course where there are excellent trails. One tip is that airport taxis won't want to take you because the ride is so short, so either take the free shuttle or walk.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! Customer service is our one of our top priorities, and if there seemed to have been inconsistencies in the service that will most definitely be addressed this in our next staff meeting. For your comments about our location; we are very fortunate with our location, and being right by the airport as well as centrally located in the heart of Phoenix there are many different dinning and entertainment options very close by. As for me I’d take the free shuttle as to walking, it is free and there are as you mentioned plenty of great walking trails close by… Again thank you for your review, and we hope to have you join us again next visit.
Matosinhos, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I just spent a night there but it was quite good. The frontdesk service was very nice and the rooms were quite modern.They have a shuttle service to the airport which greatly facilitates the traveling

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to make your travels easier. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Phoenix.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I'm a native Phoenician but I live in the Midwest now. I come home several times a year and it's not always convenient for someone to take me to the airport. This hotel fit my needs perfectly. It has a free convenient shuttle to the airport and free wifi. I had no idea it would be such an awesome stay which was an incredible bonus.

The hotel is beautiful. It is decorated in a hip, modern way and just looks cool.

My room was awesome, very Jetsons. There were a ton of plugs so I could plug in my phone, laptop, and IPad. Most importantly, once I closed the door it was SILENT in my room. This was pretty incredible considering there was a DJ in the lobby.

I will be back!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 104 which was incredibly convenient and on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! It also pleases us to hear that you enjoyed our savvy style, and the room was quiet so you could get a good nights rest (hopefully after you got to enjoy the DJ first) :-) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

All in all this is a very good hotel. It's clean, modern, and it has an exceptionally friendly staff. Right next to the airport, it is in a very convenient location. They offer a complimentary shuttle bus, and there is access to public transportation as well. Good places to jog or right around the corner as well.

Consistent with this type of hotel, there aren't great food options available. But it's not too bad.

The only downside is being here in the airport, we can be a little loud. But nothing out of the ordinary for that type of location.

I will definitely stay here again my next visit.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TwoWas
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take cleanliness and customer service serious, and I am pleased to hear that we did a good job. As you mentioned; outside of our Re-Fuel station and the quick-bites at the wxyz there are not a lot of other food options in the immediate area, however our front desk talent is always happy to help you find alternative options in the nearby areas. We look forward to having you join us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
blue bell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had to find a hotel in an emergency because our home lost power. I didn't want to spend a lot and as a SPG Gold member I focused in on Starwood properties. Basically the Aloft fit the bill since the rate for the night was only $89 and it included a $10 food credit and free wifi. So, the price was right.

What I really liked was that it wasn't your typical, nondescript airport hotel. The lobby felt as if we were in a W Hotel Lite. Yes, the rooms were small but they were very modern and clean. Plus, the shower and the bed were both great! And the rooms were quiet although we could hear the light rail train on the street in front if the hotel. But I think it stopped operating late at night so it wasn't much of a problem. And contrary to other reviews we never heard planes.

All in all, a real good stay in an emergency and a chain that I would gladly stay at again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that we were able to be here for you, and that you enjoyed your stay. Should you ever have the need again (emergency or just a staycation getaway), we hope that you'll come join us again.