“NICK and JACK”

Ranked #33 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
New York, New York, United States
“NICK and JACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

You guys are the best thing ever. Thank you for trusting me when I told you my bag got stolen and I had no id or creditcard, only a # of one from one, thank you for allowing me to print out my passport and drivers license from the internet. I would have loved to tip you if I had cash, but thank you for knowing that without anything but my phone, you made a very difficult experience otherwise, rather smooth, and thank you for lightening me up after being anxious about how things will turn out. It all turned out fine, and the hardest part of the journey was worrying will I have a place to sleep, since my luggage was partially stolen.

You guys are great with people, scratch that.... OUTstanding with people, and you made an initially horrible start actually peaceful and there's nothing but 7 stars for you guys.

xoxo, if you ever need a place to stay in NYC area, look me up, you will have the same accommodations and friends on my side. No doubt I will always remember you 2 and how sweet you both were.

Dr. Ketan Vora

Room Tip: i need thin pillows, I have no idea why it's not standard in every room in every hotel, even if...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I have in the past stayed at Aloft Hotels.But this was the first time we stayed at this one.This Aloft hotel caters to Business people and guest younger the we are.My husband is 90 and I am close to 80. We can't say enough of how wonderful they all are to us "oldies". And they do anything to make you feel like we belong.The sweet young lady Rebecca Hollis that is behind the bar is especially nice.She makes a great drink and has a great personality.We had a very quick pick-up when we called the hotel to ask for the shuttle.We had a problem with a window shade and they sent someone immediately to fix it.We can't say enough about this hotel and give it 5 stars.And Rebecca gets 6 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Sonja K,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We will make sure to communicate your positive comments to Rebecca. I am sure she loved serving you and your husband! We hope that you will visit us again during your next trip. Take care.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here on 29 & 30 May. We were promised an airport pick up which never arrived. When we phoned the hotel on arrival at around 4 pm, the receptionist was rude and kept banging the phone down. In the end we did get the shuttle (driven by a very well mannered old gentleman), the same lady receptionist was not in the least interested in anything & had a personal conversation going on her mobile. I think the receptionist (a very young lady) needs some serious training in hospitality management. Her immediate superior also had a very 'couldn't care less' attitude. I would recommend to avoid this place unless you want to be off mood for the rest of your journey.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ThomasZ52
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear ThomasZ52,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Maintaining an inviting and relaxing environment is one of our main priorities. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience at our property. Rest assured this issue has been addressed and resolved with our staff. We hope that you will give us another try during your next trip to Phoenix. Take care.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've stayed here on two occasions, both times with my dog. It's more than "pet-friendly"... they actually seem to love your pets. The decor is simple, colorful, clean, and supremely contemporary. If Ikea had a hotel, this would be it. The beds are very comfortable. Wifi is easy & fast. It's very centrally located, and a short distance to the airport. In fact, they even provide an airport shuttle. It's also a short drive to ASU. The price is very reasonable. The complimentary Bliss toiletries are heavenly. I can't say a bad thing about this place. The front-desk personnel go out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maureen O
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pet friendly with no pet fee. Clean modern rooms and a fun atmosphere. Free wifi, awesome breakfast sandwiches, and convenient parking. We did not use the pool or fitness areas, but they looked nice. We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheaper, but nice, place to stay in Phoenix.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many Westin properties. Friday was my very experience at the Aloft brand. Wow, it was absolutely awesome. I was originally booked at the Airport Marriott down the street. I walked into the Marriott saw my room and the condition of the hotel and immediately checked out. The Marriott was a complete dump! I drove down the street and found the Aloft and walked in. I knew the minute I walked in and knew this was for me. Super hip, contemporary and the front desk girl could not have been nicer! The rooms have high ceilings with clean lines. Love the platform king bed and rain shower. I booked my next night at the Aloft in Kansas City thanks to Evon's help in the bar. She was fantastic. Aloft has completely won me over! Trust me on this. Starwood has completely nailed it with this concept!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shaun L
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I traveled back and forth to Phoenix for work over the past few months. Once discovering the Aloft, I did not try any other hotels. The staff was always kind and helpful, the rooms were clean and quiet; I could not have been happier with an airport hotel. The hotel is very basic, there is free coffee, but no breakfast or room service. Perfect for the business traveler. The hotel was packed each time I stayed, and for good reason. Good scene at the bar with pool tables and even a DJ a few nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business