“This place is Great!!!”

Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Denver, Colorado
“This place is Great!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After staying at the horrible Tempe Suites Hotel (DON"T GO THERE!), this place was refreshing on the way back through town. It literally is less than 10 minutes by the free shuttle. There are games and a bar in the lobby, and a pool table! Great when traveling with kids! The staff is really friendly, the rooms are small but they have used the space really well! And the beds....the most comfortable ever! The price is about the same as the Temp Suites Hotel (which is really a crappy motel).
This place was great, and much needed!

Room Tip: I think you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank iGo2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Aloft hotel is in a great location directly across the street from the PHX airport skytrain (free) and light rail stations ($4 day pass), which makes it a great spot for those accessing both downtown and the airport without a car. That alone would have made it a great stay.
What really set this hotel apart was the friendly staff who recognized us each morning, and who went out of their way to greet us with a smile each time we passed through the lobby. In particular, Nancy at the desk really went above and beyond to make our stay special. We really felt welcomed, and will definitely be back next time we are in Phoenix.
Highly Recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank carcross
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear carcross,

We are so happy that our staff made you feel at home, as that is what everyone is looking for while they are one the road! We are so happy that you stopped by and hope that you will visit us again in the future. Thank you for your review. Take care.
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel was incredibly easy to get to from the airport. Just a quick (and free) ride on the sky train gets you to the 44th St Metro station, which is literally across the street from the hotel. The rooms are small but modern and clean, and the vibe is young & fun. There was a DJ in the lobby near the bar and that had lots of the guests out to enjoy the music and have a drink. The bartender (Rebecca) was delightful and really made sitting at the bar an enjoyable experience. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Leonardtown, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Most relaxing airport hotel stay I have ever had....calming décor and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. they even gave us the correct directions when "siri" led us astray! The only staff name I got was Glen W. but the Sun evening staff and shuttle drivers were equally courteous and helpful. Plus, you can't beat the price! I will always look for aloft now when I need to stay at an airport.
THANK YOU for a job well done!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nicole M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
What a great review! We thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Nothing makes me more pleased than to hear that our team took great care of you and your room and that you had an excellent time! We appreciate your recommendation and we hope to welcome you home soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is easy to access from the airport--take the hotel's free shuttle or simply take the airport train to the light rail station and walk across the street. This uncomplicated hotel has just enough of everything, as its brand is infamous for--a small gym, a few lobby activities, sufficient pool, basic foods and snacks, a well-stocked bar, meeting rooms, and of course rooms! The rooms are not ultra fancy but are clean, decently appointed, modern, and efficient. These are not luxurious resorts, but get the job done in a great way. All staff I encountered here were great. A woman from the "managing company" of this property (it's not a Starwood-owned chain) was in house checking on area properties. I believe her name was Kathy and she was offering to help guests, assist associates, and so on. This was a GREAT thing to ovserve--upper management rolling up their sleeves. I liked this property so much my one night stay turned into a three night stay. The location, along with plenty of free parking, makes accessing greater Phoenix very simple.

Room Tip: For a littler quieter stay, request a room overlooking the courtyard, as opposed to the streets. If...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Nicole M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review. It’s wonderful to hear our helpful and friendly associates did all they could to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to providing you with another exceptional stay the next time you are in Phoenix. Thanks again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Alofts are my favorite hotel in the Starwood brand and the staff at this particular hotel and very professor, considerate and kind. Generally people at the Starwood hotels are very good, but the folks at this Hotel are exceptional.

The Aloft brand is a great value for the price paid.I like the fact that they have wired internet since it is more secure and the connection speed quite acceptable. They also have a power block with USB connections for charging portable electronics.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I have passed on your kind comments to Nick and Jack. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

You guys are the best thing ever. Thank you for trusting me when I told you my bag got stolen and I had no id or creditcard, only a # of one from one, thank you for allowing me to print out my passport and drivers license from the internet. I would have loved to tip you if I had cash, but thank you for knowing that without anything but my phone, you made a very difficult experience otherwise, rather smooth, and thank you for lightening me up after being anxious about how things will turn out. It all turned out fine, and the hardest part of the journey was worrying will I have a place to sleep, since my luggage was partially stolen.

You guys are great with people, scratch that.... OUTstanding with people, and you made an initially horrible start actually peaceful and there's nothing but 7 stars for you guys.

xoxo, if you ever need a place to stay in NYC area, look me up, you will have the same accommodations and friends on my side. No doubt I will always remember you 2 and how sweet you both were.

Dr. Ketan Vora

Room Tip: i need thin pillows, I have no idea why it's not standard in every room in every hotel, even if...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business