Brand new Property by the Starwood Group, This seems to be Starwood's answer to Hyatt's "Hyatt Place" chain,and Starwood trumps!
This is a basically a EURO MOD, limited Service budget version of the high end "The W"chain, however Starwood Gold and Platinum guest should expect no upgrade, only 2 types of rooms are offered.
The hotel is extremely Euro Mod in design and furnishings (See pics), in fact my room is very similar to a room i had in Spain at the Le Meridian, Barcelona (STarwood).
Adequate desk and workspace with convenient power ports, a interface to play video and audio on the Phillips Flat screen TV in the room, large roomy king bed with nice headboard and good lighting and a great Retro Alarm Clock (In form and function)!
Bathroom and shower are small, the water pressure in the shower is abysmal, too bad as they have a fun and funky large round shower head that would be a treat with decent water pressure.
Bliss Spa products in the bathroom ( Ala The W chain) is a real surprise!. Not a big fan of the shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower, but they appear tamper resistant.
Sadly, they skimped a bit on the bedding, the sheets and pillow cases are coarse and of a low thread count. many limited service hotels have upgrading their bedding these days so it is a bit surprising to see a Starwood new chain, the company being known to have started the upgraded bedding wars with their "Heavenly Bed", skimp in this department.
But I love this hotel, maybe it is the ultra modern rooms at a great price point, or the excellent accommodating genuinely friendly staff, The Free Wifi all over the hotel, the cool bar downstairs and funky lobby, it all works.
The Aloft does not have room service, they do offer a limited food selection at a food and beverage pantry next to the front desk, however next door is a convenience store and behind the hotel is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.
The hotel is located at a Rail stop, 10 minuets straight to downtown and the convention center for $1.50.
Airport Shuttle runs on the half hour in the mornings and on demand other hours, 5 Minuets from PHX.
I was very pleased with Aloft, having stayed at various PHX airport properties, this is my new favorite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Phoenix Airport Hotel provides a new, energetic travel experience just minutes from Arizona State University, US Airways Center, and Phoenix Sky Harbor Int'l Airport (free shuttle to/from). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aloft Phoenix-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Phoenix-Airport Hotel Phoenix
- Aloft Phoenix-Airport Arizona