“Ok Hilton Garden - Expect more from Garden Inn.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Chicago, Illinois
“Ok Hilton Garden - Expect more from Garden Inn.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I am a diamond Hilton Honors member. Stayed here on Nov 3 thru 5th. Check in for me was a challenge. I arrived a little early at 1:30pm and inquired about check in and was told my room wasn't ready. I told the front desk that would wait in the restaurant part of the lobby and work using their wifi. While waiting, the front desk staff came over to another traveler who was also waiting bringing along his key and registration. Then, I watched 5 or 6 people walk in and check in without a delay. I waited for more than an hour and then inquired and was told my room was ready. Why no one came over to tell me, not sure. The breakfast is a free-forall, very crowded, dirty tables, no clean silverware out on the tables. The place appeared to be overwhelmed. The room service was excellent. The neighborhood was not nice and was warned not to walk after dark. The AC was pretty loud, but worked. The room's cleanliness was OK, the room wasn't vacumed while I was there. Very close to the airport and the staff for the most part were good, with the exception of the confusion at check in.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
We sincerely appreciate you posting your comments after your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your loyalty to Hilton. Please accept my apologies for the experience you had at check in, you should have been given your room key as soon as it was ready. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff, and the specifics have been addressed. We hope that you will give us another chance to put our best foot forward and provide you with a comfortable and memorable stay.
Please feel free to contact our General Manager, Mike Leaverton directly and he will personally take care of your resevation.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Homer, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks while attending a class in Phoenix. The room was very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the weekend bartender Janessa was very nice and would go out of her way to make things enjoyable for someone far from home. I enjoy a couple drinks in the evening to break up the grind of being on the road. I avoided the bar during my stay during the week because the weeknight bartender seemed to be only interested in a tip and didn't have the customer service skills like the weekend bartender Janessa. This is a great place to stay just eat out during the week.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you very much for posting your comments after your recent 2 week visit with us. We are pleased that you found the room to be comfortable, that you enjoyed your breakfast, and that you recieved friendly, professional service from Janessa in the lounge.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the less than stellar service you received from John, our weekday bartender. Your comments were shared with him as well as the Food and Beverage Manager, I hope that should you choose to stay with us again, you will experience the excellent customer service that we pride ourselves on.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fife, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Nice hotel, however the rate which our travel department got compared to the rest of a 2 week itinary was not good value for money in my opinion. Coupled with the noisy room airconditioning (mentioned elsewhere) I scored this hotel down.

Noticing a trend that Hilton Garden Inns have noisy air conditioning units in the bedrooms, certainly starting to influence my hotel selection when travelling.

Parking was easy (and free), check-in was pleasant, loyalty card guests get a couple of bottles of water thrown in also.

My room was on the 7th floor, directly off the elevators, I'd normally head straight back down and ask to change room but it was getting late, I'd had a long trip and just wanted to get some rest before an 18 journey the next day. Pleased to say that I never heard any noise from the corridor (maybe in part due to the room air conditioning:-) )

Room itself was very good, clean with everything I needed. Internet worked fine (adequate speed) and there was a good selection of decent TV channels.

I did order room service, thought the selection was a bit thin & a little expensive, however the food delivered was very good.

Alarm call next morning was on-time.

Breakfast was a really good experience, totally unexpected. Selection of food was excellent and the cooked to order food was very good. Special mention also to all the breakfast room staff, chef was jovial & the waiting staff were very attentive (not too much) and worked very hard to clear & clean tables etc. Plenty of smiles. The lady who seemed to be in charge of the area was very friendly also, offering to top up coffee & go and get additional items etc. for guests. Only slight concern for the hotel is that I could quite easily not paid, but was happy to make sure I did (think it was $12.99).

No issues with check-out, fuss-free.

Room Tip: Make sure you have breakfast.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us.
We are pleased that you found the room to be clean and comfortable, and that you were able to start your day off right with a delicious breakfast served by a friendly and professional staff.

I am truly sorry that the A/C was noisy, and that it did disturb your otherwise restful sleep.
As this is an issue we are aware of with a few of the units, our maintenance staff works diligently to rectify the situation. I hope that should your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area, you will stay with us again, please feel free to contact Mike Leaverton, our General Manager, and he will personally take care of your reservation.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

New Hilton hotel is clean and convenient. For early morning phx flits this is the place to stay. Great for business travelers" free wifi, business center and gym. Inouse restaurant is good for breakfast. Only a short shuttle ride to Mill Ave. near ASU

• Stayed October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
We appreciate you posting your comments after your recent stay at our hotel. We were pleased to read that our airport location suited your needs, and that you found the accommodations to be clean and comfortable.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

nice clean hotel except 2 problems; aircon very loud (compared to others in area that I could not sleep) and there's no room service.

Room Tip: after complaining, they said the higher the floor the louder the aircon, I did not change room becau...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank explore2b
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Pro's
Very nice staff, except dining room staff; allowed early check-in; would call for transportation; held baggage after check-out until ready to depart for airport; internet reception was good, room service/dinner was very good, bed was comfortable.

Con's
1. Bad neighborhood (staff advised not to walk after dark)
2. No bench/seats out front to wait for taxi's - transportation
3. Not convenient to downtown convention center as stated when I called - have to take a taxi or light rail. Light rail quite far from hotel, even though staff stated it wasn't far after I arrived. Nothing located closeby - within safe walking distance for meals, shopping, etc.
4. Restaurant only open for breakfast and dinner. Bad part of town and no place close/safe to walk to eat.
5. King rooms do not have a bath tub.
6. Hot water not hot, barely warm.
7. Maid service, even with tip was less than desirable. Coffee cups/single drinking glass in room never washed/exchanged for clean. One cup had a distinctive chip in it so it was easy to tell they were not changing them out. Didn't clean coffee pot either.
8. Only use VIP taxi service. Long wait for taxi 35-40 minutes and fees were much higher than the other companies I contacted on my own for transportation to same destinations. Must have a contract or get a commission from the company.
9. Breakfast dining staff acted inconvenienced when arrived for breakfast 10 minutes before closing, tried to discourage usage. (staff were boxing up food for what I believe was for personal use as they were putting it in disposable containers) Staff made comments such as "do you have a coupon" when I answered no they attempted to discourage me again by saying the breakfast was $11.95 and they were in the process of putting it away. Toaster had been shut off, etc. Again, it was 10 minutes before the scheduled closing.
10. Very small pool, hard to call it a pool. Just enough of one to say they had one.
11. Very small work-out area. Again, just enough equip. to say they had one.

Would have given it a 1, but the staff were nice. Almost felt sorry for them having to work in such a hotel because they were nice people. I'm not sure how they received the higher ratings unless it was just based solely on the staff being nice.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank alanndon
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. Although we are an airport hotel, we are conveniently located only one block north of a Light Rail stop which does provide easy access to restaurants and shopping in Tempe and downtown Phoenix. Gateway Community College, which is undergoing a large expansion project, is located directly across the street.
Please accept my apologies for the substandard housekeeping service that you received during your stay. Our head housekeeper has read your comments and addressed the issues with her staff. In addition, our kitchen manager has discussed the hours of operation with his staff, and they understand that a delicious, complete breakfast will be served to each guest that arrives during the hours of operation.

We would love the opportunity to have you as a guest in the future, please feel free to contact Mike Leaverton, our General Manager, and he will take care of your reservation personally.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here the evening before flying out of sky harbor. The staff is beyond professional, the bar and restaurant are awesome, and the pool and spa were lovely. Great for the traveler and also the tourist looking to explore the Valley via light rail. There are a lot of airport properties. Go with this one, though, and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you felt our airport location was ideal, and that you found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and the staff very professional.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Phoenix airport area.