“Great location, nice staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #24 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This newer property is clean and extremely close to the airport. Staff was friendly and courteous. Free shuttle to/from Skyharbor that leaves on the top and bottom of the hour.
Rooms were very nice. Well appointed, comfortable. There is an onsite restaurant but nothing else nearby which is the only downside.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and found the location and the free airport shuttle perfectly suited your needs.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Phoenix airport area.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Our 1st time at this Hilton Garden Inn and it is one of the better for sure. Nice and new, large clean rooms and only minutes from the airport and about 10 minutes to the rental car return. All staff encountered was very nice and had a great customer service culture, you could tell they care. As a gold HH we received above what we normally would receive in beneifits which was very nice. Going forward this will be my hotel of choice for any overnight close to the airport stays.
Only 3 minor issues with the hotel which stopped it from getting a 5 rating.
No Paper delivery to the door (they are available in the lounge downstairs)
No bill under the door for easy check out which was a pain to have to go line up at the desk
The Area is a bit shetchy with realitively few dining / shopping options if you don't have a car.
Pros far outway any cons and the management here relly cares and it shows.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moduline
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

We sincerely appreciate your comments, our guest feedback is very important to us. We strive to provide superior customer service, and were very pleased to see that our service exceeded your expectations.

I am very sorry that you did not recieve your express checkout under your door, it is our practice to do so, obviously we dropped the ball in this instance. I understand that it does make the checkout process much easier.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Phoenix airport area.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

This newer hotel is very modern and clean and very close to the airport. Staff is friendly, courteous and helpful and will engage you in conversation to be sure everything is fine. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport, however it leaves every half hour. The area appeared to be a bit shady save for a few other modern buildings, but all in all a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to see that our free airport shuttle suited your needs perfectly, and that you found the staff to be both friendly and professional.

We thank you for your feedback, as our guest's opinions are very important to us.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

What a great experience!! I was traveling to Phoenix on business and with so many options for hotel stays, so I used prior reviews as my guide. This hotel is clean, professional and friendly staff, good safety features (I travel alone so this is important), free shuttle to the airport and the restaurant and snack bar are convenient. My room was clean (looked like a brand new, remodeled room) and neat -- no stains on anywhere. The bed was too soft for me but I did not realize that I could have turn up the sleep dial for a firmer mattress until I checked out. After my four day stay, I moved to a downtown hotel for a meeting and I was disappointed that I didn't remain at the Hilton. It was far more exclusive and private than the large hotel down town (would love to mention their name). I realized that I got a good rate with all the amenities (better value) by staying at the Hilton. Oh, did I mention the free internet. There is also a small pool and gym for the guests as well. I also took advantage of the t.v. lounge/bar area - the right size and not too crowd. I had a nice view of the mountains as well. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 121SamB
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel when recently in town to attend a meeting. We were very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your accommodations, were able to start your day off right with a delicious breakfast, and found our free, 24 hour shuttle service to be just what you needed.
On your next visit, plan to spend your entire stay with us, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

As a frequent traveler to Phoenix I have a lot of places to stay and have tried a few when I did not book a room in time here. All I can say is the staff always goes out of there way the make changes for the better and make less stress on teh customer. The rooms are very comfortable and if any extra amenites are needed the front desk always comes through. Maid service is top notch you can always be assured your room is clean. Breakfast in the morning is just awesome with made to order eggs, french toast etc. Please pass on to the staff I appreciate all they do for me on each visit and when you think they can not top the service they give they just keep improving. Andy

Room Tip: Higher floor on the street side you can watch the planes land at the Phoenix Airport
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Andy A

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, and we were very pleased to read how much you enjoy our hotel. We strive to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and service that exceeds your expectations each and every time, it is very rewarding when we are successful.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Phoenix airport area.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

My only criteria for picking this place for a one-night stay were location, availability of a shuttle, and price. The Hilton name was a nice, additional feature.
First, we needed a place as close as possible to Sky Harbor Airport, without being on a flight path. Two miles away isn't bad, and the hotel shuttle is free and scheduled frequently.
Price came fairly easy as we had Hilton Rewards available. The program comes in handy a lot!
The place is attractive and clean throughout. Don't be put off by what appears at first to be an under-developed area. The hotel is actually semi-surrounded by a community college and its parking areas.
The desk clerk was pleasant, efficient, and a pleasure to deal with for weary travelers.
The room was nicely, if simply furnished, with fairly standard amenities. The bathroom was spotless and well-maintained. The room's location next to the ice machine and vending was not a problem - quiet all night.
This was a really nice place to stay, and we got a great night's sleep before our long flight the next day. Their complimentary breakfast buffet was also very good.

Room Tip: You might want to stay away from the elevators, but there don't seem to be any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel when looking for one near the Phoenix airport. We were pleased to see that our location, 24 hour free shuttle service and competitive pricing were just what you were looking for. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations each and every time, it is very rewarding to read when we have been successful.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

The hotel is located close to the airport, which is why I chose it.
Room was nice though not spectacular. Very quiet, no noise from the other rooms or the hall way.

I liked the free internet and was very impressed by the friendly and efficient staff.
When I made the reservation I chose to add breakfast for $ 6. The breakfast was really good, a buffet.

I did think the room was a bit expensive ($ 159 for a king room without the breakfast).
I will probably stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing our hotel when looking for a place to stay near the Phoenix airport. We were pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay, and were able to start your day off right with a delicious breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you soon.