“Hotel Review”

Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Hotel Review”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Staff is outstanding and very courteous. Best HGI I have ever stayed at and will always stay there if rooms are available. People recognize you by name and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast is fantastic with cook to order meals with fresh fruit, and healthy turkey sausages. The bar/lounge area has several TV's so you have a variety of sports/news shows to watch. I have left my vehicle there several times when I have flown on trips. The security is very good and have never had a problem.

Room Tip: If you like to see airplanes landing and taking off ask for an odd number room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PJF1947
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind comments, as our guest's feedback is so important to us. We appreciate your loyalty to the Garden Inn brand, and are pleased to be your favorite HGI in the area offering a delicious breakfast in the morning, a relaxing atmosphere in the evening, and superior service throughout your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Although we had stayed at this hotel on one prior occasion when we were flying out of
Sky Harbor, in September of 2012, we stayed there as my husband had surgery at OASIS
Hospital, approximately one block away from the hotel. The hotel offers a special rate for
patients of OASIS Hospital. Although my husband was only supposed to be in the hospital for one night, he ended up staying for three nights, which meant we had to extend my stay at
the hotel. The Front Office Supervisor, Damikka, was very kind, understanding, and accommodating to my needs. The rest of the staff were also very nice to me in what was a very trying time for both me and my husband. We cannot say enough about how gracious they were to us. We hope not to be using OASIS Hospital again, but will definitely stay here whenever we are flying out of Sky Harbor.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us when your husband had surgery at Oasis Hospital. We hope he is doing well.
It was our sincere pleasure to assist you in any way we could, and hope that we were able to make this trying time just alittle easier for you.

We hope to see you the next time you travel to the Phoenix airport area.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed there for a conference. Great, spacious, clean room with comfortable beds. I was there for the weekend so they only serve breakfast, but no lunch, not sure about if serve dinner because I already left. Since I didn't have a car, I was hoping I can walk somewhere for lunch. Other than Big Bill BBQ, not many choices and I didn't go there because it didn't look good from the outside (although I shouldn't judge it by the outside). It was really hot of course so other than Big Bill, nothing else I can walk to. The front desk manager was helpful by showing me some menu that I can call and order, and she said the shuttle driver can take me to other eateries.

Overall, great and comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for posting your kind comments. Please note that we are located only one block north of a Phoenix Light Rail stop providing easy access to both downtown Phoenix and Tempe where you can find many restaurants, shops and attractions. For your convenience we sell Light Rail tickets at our front desk.

We look forward to your next visit.

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I've stayed three times for business at this hotel and I can't recommend enough. The staff is always nice and courteous and they efficiently accommodate the traveler's needs. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet is nice and reasonably priced. Business center and gym are not huge but well maintained and more than enough for the business traveler needs. Free wifi and parking are also a plus.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your most recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and were very pleased to see that you find the hotel to be both clean and comfortable, that the staff is friendly and professional, and that you find all the amenities you are looking for.

We look forward to your next visit.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We arrived later in the evening and the front desk attendant was very accomodating. My Hilton Honors number was applied immediately and my preferences were accomodated instantly. We were given a very nice room on the top floor (10th) that was very clean and well-maintained. The beds were very comfortable and the room was good size.

The location was some-what isolated but it may have seemed more so because we arrived after dark. While we were very close to the airport, it was very quiet and we didn't hear any planes. The hotel was also very convenient to expressways and main routes.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
We sincerely appreciate your comments, as our guest's feedback is very important to us. We are pleased that our airport location suited your needs, and you found your room to be comfortable and quiet, even though we are one mile from the airport.

We hope to see you again next time you travel to the Phoenix airport area.

Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This newer property is clean and extremely close to the airport. Staff was friendly and courteous. Free shuttle to/from Skyharbor that leaves on the top and bottom of the hour.
Rooms were very nice. Well appointed, comfortable. There is an onsite restaurant but nothing else nearby which is the only downside.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us.
We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and found the location and the free airport shuttle perfectly suited your needs.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Phoenix airport area.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Our 1st time at this Hilton Garden Inn and it is one of the better for sure. Nice and new, large clean rooms and only minutes from the airport and about 10 minutes to the rental car return. All staff encountered was very nice and had a great customer service culture, you could tell they care. As a gold HH we received above what we normally would receive in beneifits which was very nice. Going forward this will be my hotel of choice for any overnight close to the airport stays.
Only 3 minor issues with the hotel which stopped it from getting a 5 rating.
No Paper delivery to the door (they are available in the lounge downstairs)
No bill under the door for easy check out which was a pain to have to go line up at the desk
The Area is a bit shetchy with realitively few dining / shopping options if you don't have a car.
Pros far outway any cons and the management here relly cares and it shows.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moduline
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
We sincerely appreciate your comments, our guest feedback is very important to us. We strive to provide superior customer service, and were very pleased to see that our service exceeded your expectations.

I am very sorry that you did not recieve your express checkout under your door, it is our practice to do so, obviously we dropped the ball in this instance. I understand that it does make the checkout process much easier.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Phoenix airport area.