“Nice Hotel - location just okay”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #26 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
District of Columbia
“Nice Hotel - location just okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff at this hotel is awesome. Very nice, helpful and welcoming. I was offered a bottle of water at check-in. It's the little things that make me happy. There is a small gym, a business center and a restaurant in the hotel. I did use the business center to print out some document. FANTASTIC. The restaurant was pretty good. Nicely decorated, service was excellent, food was good.

The rooms were nice and clean. Typically airport hotels are a little skeptical because of their high turnover rates, but they really keep this one up well. I slept well in the beds. The noise outside the room was minimal. There is a fridge, microwave and keurig in the room. NICE! Love the free internet always.

There is also a very small outdoor pool and a jacuzzi.

This hotel is near the airport. So that is nice, but the general area is not that great. Nothing in walking distance of the hotel. As a woman, I did not feel comfortable walking around in the area alone.

Overall, the hotel is a nice place. The area...well...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your visit to our property and the special touches we offer. The comfort of our guests is extremely important to us which is why we take extra care when ensuring our accommodations are at their very best. For the convenience of our guests we are happy to offer complimentary shuttle service within a few miles of the hotel for guests that wish to get out and explore. This service can also take guests to the light rail station nearby. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope you’ll return to the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stay here for Job Fair. The environment is good, and room is clean and tidy. There is a small swimming pool and spa near to my room, which is wonderful for me. I got my free breakfast since I am a gold member. That's delicious. Internet is also free. The people are so nice. I lost my coat in the room, but they called me to let me pick up. Thanks very much.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
We are so pleased you had a great stay and that our comfortable guest accommodations met your expectations. We were happy to assist you in recovering a forgotten item in your room and appreciate that you took the time to share about the service you experienced. Thank you for your kind review of the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North and loyalty to our brand as a rewards member. Please come back again soon.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I choose the Hilton Garden Inn because of the microwave and fridge. I spent 7 nights and while it's not a 5 star hotel, it fit the bill. The staff was great, very welcoming. Bed was not the best, but that's really personal preference. I would suggest avoiding the eggs at the buffet and have the chef prepare you ones if you want. No major complaints. I liked the drink certificates I received upon check in.
I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
At the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, our accommodations feature flat screen TVs, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, a large work area with ergonomic chair and adjustable Garden Sleep System bed — an ideal set up for business travel or an extended stay. We’re so glad you enjoyed your week-long visit and that our staff provided helpful service throughout your time with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll return next time you’re in town.
Brookston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here a week on business, not too bad, nothing really fancy for a Hilton. Front desk staff was friendly and check-in was flawless. We asked for a couple more nights and they accommodated us accordingly. We were disappointed they do not offer even a grab and go breakfast. Restaurant is attached and breakfast is between $8 to $11, depending on what you order. They have a snack pantry, which will work in a bind, but buy your sodas from the machine. The pantry charges $2.50 and the machine is $2.00. This hotel has one washer and one dryer. The dryer is new, but the technology behind a steam dryer isn't perfected, as I had my clothes in for an hour and they were still soaking wet. I took them to the Soap and Suds down the street to dry. Not much within walking distance, but close to shopping if you have a vehicle. Rooms were clean and odorless which was nice. I never could get the bed adjusted to the softness that I prefer. It was really hard and difficult for me to sleep on it. It has a knob on the side to adjust the firmness, maybe it was broken and just didn't work, but I know it wasn't a comfortable night sleep. 3 elevators make it nice, for a no wait to your floor.

1 Thank mgwds1
HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. Our property features a sit-down breakfast at The Great American Grill as well as a grab-and-go option, our 24-hour Pavilion Pantry. While we are delighted that your business stay featured convenience and helpful service, we are sorry if you had difficulty with our adjustable Garden Sleep System bed and encourage you to reach out if you need assistance during a future visit. Please come back again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stay here every year because it's close to the airport and is clean and modern. That being said I am here now and got here too early to check in but Mary at the front desk said she would block the room I always stay in. An end room no adjoining. When it came time to check in the room was given away and now am in an adjoining room. They don't care because they know you need a room. Won't be back.

Room Tip: It won't matter because you get whatever room they give you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced at check-in. We deeply regret that your room is not exactly as you had hoped, however, our staff works diligently to ensure preferred rooms and room-related requests are honored whenever possible. Thank you for sharing your input. We hope you’ll accept our apology and return again soon.
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We landed after 1:00 a.m., the complimentary shuttle was there in no time taking us to the hotel. Shuttle driver and front desk personnel were friendly and welcoming. Got to our room and it was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable.
In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've seen. Cereals, Danish, muffins, whole fresh fruits, sausage, bacon and an omelet station!! Very clean, comfortable and a spacious dining area.
Great location, nice neighborhood and very convenient to the Sky Harbor Airport! Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We are truly pleased to read that you enjoyed prompt friendly service even when arriving in the early morning! It is delightful to read about how our shuttle drivers and front desk associates provided everything you need to get to your room for some much needed rest. We’re so glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast offerings that came with the package you booked, we do offer a daily breakfast at The Great American Grill or grab-and-go options at our Pavilion Pantry. Thank you for your feedback, please come back again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

First I will say the hotel is very nice and is in a great location right next to the airport and other attractions such as Mill Ave. However I was very disappointed with the service I received. My first issue was when I tried to call room service, I called 5 times and it went to voice mail each time until I finally called guest services and she took my order to give to room service. My next issue was the housekeeping. I always put my do not disturb sign up over the weekend since I get back early from work I don't like housekeeping to be in my room when I just want to relax. So on Monday I made sure I had taken it off the door for them to clean. When I get back to my room around 3 I noticed my room still had not been serviced, I checked to make sure my "do not disturb" was removed and it was. I saw the housekeeper was still cleaning rooms so I figured she just hadn't gotten to mine yet, at this point I was irritated but it's a big hotel so I let it go. I left and came back to my room at 11 pm and my room had not been touched! By this time I was furious and called guest services and asked for towels and notified them that my room had not been cleaned. The lady first asked did I remove my do not disturb sign (which I thought was dumb because why would I complain if I hadn't removed it) I replied yes and she said they would look into and probably comp the room. When I checked out I never heard any more about the room and did not receive a credit. I am diamond with Hilton because they are usually my favorite hotels and when things like this happen it is very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate that you found our location to be convenient, however, we are deeply sorry to read that you were disappointed in any way. Please accept our apologies for any confusion regarding our housekeeping schedule. It is our goal to both respect our guests’ privacy and ensure our guest rooms are at their best. We are glad you reached out to us to share your concern and hope you will do so again should you have any questions regarding your final bill. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your continued loyalty to our brand as a rewards member. We hope you’ll give us another try in the future.