“Comfortable and handy to airport”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Melfort, Canada
“Comfortable and handy to airport”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had a very comfortable night's stay here last week prior to our flight home to colder weather! We enjoyed the hot tub and a drink at the bar. We walked to Bill Johnson's Big Apple restaurant a block away for a very tasty supper! The room was very nice with a keurig coffee maker. Bathroom just right with a larger shower. Check-in was the only glitch as they couldn't find our reservation but they did honor the price we had been guaranteed over the phone. We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
As always we appreciate our guest recommendations, thank you for yours. It’s nice to hear you enjoyed your last night away from home so comfortably. We hope next time you need to escape the cold weather at home you’ll come back to see us at the Hilton Phoenix Airport North Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I've stayed in a lot of different hotels in the Tempe area. This one is among the best overall. My room was spacious, well-furnished, and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Location was good. And the price was really good.

A lot of hotel fridges really just don't work. The one in my room worked really well! Nice to have a microwave, too. Because I work in my room at night, it was very nice to have an office-style chair at the desk.

A few miscellaneous comments:
-- When I was checking in, a line developed because one customer was having some kind of problem checking in. Staff should have opened a second line. There was a position and there was available staff.
-- Elevators are small, but extremely quick to arrive. A real plus!!
-- Why do hotels think duvets are so wonderful? They aren't! If a sheet is not enough, and a duvet is too much, what do you do?
-- One thing I found a little weird: Each evening when I would return to the room, I would find the maid had pulled 3 tissues from the holder in the bathroom and stuffed them back in, I guess in an attempt to make them look like a flower. They looked like somebody else's used tissues. I always flushed them immediately. Just sayin'.

All things considered, I hope to be able to book here again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the north side - the "mountain view", as the desk called it - and did not hear...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We hope you will book another stay with us as well! Thank you for your review and your comments on the Hilton Phoenix Airport North Hotel.
Plano, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2014

- One of the best Hilton Garden Inns we've visited - Near airport, but very calm / quiet - Well furnished, very clean, friendly staff - 5-10 mins from some great restaurants/bars/coffee shops - King beds are excellent, comfortable - Highly recommend this brand, and this hotel to anyone staying in the area

1 Thank Matthew D
Thank you so much for the great review and recommendation! Our Hilton beds by Serta are a big favorite with our guests and they are available to purchase on line for your home. We hope you’ll visit with us at the Hilton Phoenix Airport North again very soon.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My friend and I stayed there 7/8 Feb 2014 and had a great time. The staff was very accommodating and removed the feather comforter and pillows at the last minute.
I also saw redskynight's 2012 review of the bed. I had one of those beds and thought it was great! It seemed very firm at first. But after a minute or so, it was *very* comfortable. So comfortable, I had to call back and ask the brand so I can buy one.
The only bad thing I can say is just I wouldn't recommend walking the hotel area after dark. The hotel itself is fine.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your five star review! Our Hilton bed by Serta is cherished by our guests and our Hilton to Home site allows guests to bring those Hilton bed comforts into their own home. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Phoenix Airport North Hotel the next time you are in the area.
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I rated this property highly back in 2012. My 2014 visit wasn't a nice and it all surrounded the room I received. My new travel provider has had an issue populating my Hilton Honors number on my reservations and the last few stays I couldn't understand why I was always getting the handicap rooms in spite of my profile. Again, I checked in, and again they didn't have my HH # so I provided for the front desk person. She was so excited to see I was a returning guest and Gold she rushed to get me my free bottles of water, but no offer of an upgraded room. My experience went downhill from there. Guess what? Yep, my room was a handicap room. It was 11PM and I didn't want to waste time and energy so I just went to bed. In the morning I realized the shower area didn't even have a curtain, and water goes everywhere in the bathroom. To make matters worse the whole shower head wand apparatus came apart from the wall and into my hand. Overall the property is nice, the staff pleasant, maybe not well trained. Shuttle service is a plus. The rooms in good shape and clean. Linens were good as were the towels. The rooms have standard HGI amenities. Each room has a Kuerig coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Internet worked great with no connection or speed issues. HVAC worked fine and did not disturb sleep. The restaurant prepares breakfast and without coupon will cost you $15 which seems steep. Other than the issue with the bathroom...and the lovely view I had from this room the stay was good, however not up to the standards of a HGI.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
We hope you reach out to the Hilton Honors program so that your profile can be updated to accurately reflect the accommodations you require. Thank you for being a Hilton Honors Gold Member, we appreciate your loyalty. We hope to welcome you back.
Mason City, IA
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Extremely happy with our stay. We had a late check in and the exterior and the parking lot were well lighted. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and fresh as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. Absolutely loved the shuttle at 5:30 AM and checked the rental car in the night before. They shuttled me to the hotel then. Excellent!!! Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
It seems that you enjoyed an easy, carefree stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North which exactly what we hope for our guests. Whether you arrive early or late, we strive to accommodate our guests in every way. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your kind mention of our accommodations, friendly staff and free airport shuttle. Come back and see us again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at this property for a convention at Phoenix and was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the staff, amenities, and facilities. The location was excellent also. I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Your kind review and high recommendation mean a great deal to all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North - thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back so that you can further enjoy the service, location and convenience our property has to offer.