“Changed our plans for the rest of the trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #27 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Scotland
“Changed our plans for the rest of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

I booked this hotel on-line before leaving the UK as it was close to Phoenix airport and seemed to offer good value for money. We arrived about 9.45pm and had an excellent bowl of soup before heading to bed after a 16 hour trip. What a great night's sleep - the HGI pride themselves on their beds and pillows and it's no idle boast. We decided from then on to book HGIs whenever we could - Flagstaff, Las Vegas and our final night back in Phoenix before flying home, and we never regretted it!
The staff were very helpful, welcoming and informative in Phoenix. The room was comfortable, the facilities and the coffee was great. Free wi-fi and printing in the business centre makes on-line check in for flights very easy.
The location of the hotel is ideal, both for arrival and departure. Check-out is a comfortable mid-day and I really can't praise this place enough.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank half-full55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

I stay in hotels about 40% of the year and this is the best hotel I've stayed in for a very very very long time. Anytime I go back to phoenix I will always book this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank golferjj1
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Everything was new, the staff was great, and no detail was omitted. From the leather-bound (feaux, probably) bathroom to the high-end fitness facility, this hotel is the perfect retreat from the Phoenix heat. Although it is a good 30 blocks from downtown, the quality of the facility makes up for it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank doyner
crawley uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

Stayed here for one night after a very long flight .BEAUTIFUL ROOM ,very easy to find after the airport .It was the weekend and the area was very quiet .The hotel is new,and altho the pool is small it's all you need for a quick dip .The best thing was the breakfast .Superb .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank janieCrawleyUk
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

Stayed for 2 nights while attending a wedding in Phoenix. The inside of the hotel was great. Multiple people I talked with at the front desk were friendly and courteous. We used the business center and they had free print outs for directions. The rooms and halls were all very clean - I think it was built recently, because everything seemed nice and new. We had a room on the 10th floor (near or at the top) and the view was quite expansive. Nothing great in particular to look at (we looked over the airport side, I think the other side had a nicer view of the mountains etc, but it was still a nice clear view for miles. It was kind of peaceful to watch.

A few minor issues: the air conditioner was really loud in our room. Since we're not from Phoenix, maybe we're not used to how much it clicked on and off (summer stay) but when it came on you HEARD it! And the bed was on the firm side, even thought they claimed it could be "adjusted" softer, we couldn't tell.

The neighborhood was more business oriented. It was perfectly safe, just nothing interesting going on. The hotel is right across the street from a community college, so on the weekends it was empty. There's NO restaurants within walking distance, but I guess everyone has a car in Phoenix anyways. And it was only a few minutes to get back to the airport to return our rental car.

The pool was kind of laughable, about 10 feet wide and 20 feet long. Its right next to the main driveway (which is right next to the main road) and didn't have a privacy fence, so even though we originally thought we might enjoy the AZ sun, we ended up passing on going down there, since it seemed like it would have been like sunbathing on the sidewalk of a major street.

I think this was a nice "base" for our stay in Phoenix - when we were inside the hotel it was perfect, especially when compared to other hotels we were looking at in the same price range (50-75 a night) Pool and A/C aside, I would definitely recommend it - it was great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Architraveler101
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here arriving early evening May 15th for the NRA convention.We had never been to the area and we were really happy with our stay. So close to the New Light rail and since we we going to be in the convention hall practically the whole time we decided to give the rail a try. If you are going there for the convention center use the light rail. It will not dissappoint. Also stay here it is close to the airport and you will not need to rent a car. This place is very nice and very clean. Staff is extremely helpful. Front Desk Agent Austin drove us to the airport Sunday when we left and he was just one of the nicest people along with Jay and Marcus who ran the Courtesy van were exceptional ! When I called I spoke with Damikka who was just so helpful and really listened and offered very good advice on the area. Whomever runs this establishment should know that they indeed have a great staff of very nice people. Believe me it is not like that everywhere...
Also the breakfast is very good and it has a nice bar area very comfortable. Each morning I had a great Omelet and fruit and this Really nice Redhead girl who I wish I had here name because she was such a Happy person at 6:30 Am which i like to see. We Love it when we can eat right where we are staying and avoid having ro fight crowds in area's we are unfamiliar.. Dining there was a big plus. If I ever go back I will be sure to stay here again.!!
I will add one note that the area is alittle scketchy but looks like it is in a transition but as with the mercury in AZ. it looks like it is an area moving up not down. Again this is a great place to stay if you are going to the Convention Center or going to Phoenix to go to the downtown area for a Game ect. Not having to rent a car is great and you don't have to deal with parking ect.
In closing I have to mention that down about a block or so is a place called Bill Johnsons that we went to when we arrived Friday. Very Good Barb-Q, my husband loved the Chicken Fried Steak and after dinner we walked back and had a gret nights sleep at the Hilton Garden...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank PatAlphaBeta
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I called at midnight and asked for a military discount. I got a really nice room for sixty dollars. The man at the front desk was so nice. Definitely the best customer service I have ever had from a hotel. The beds were amazing. They were so soft you just sunk into them. There were plenty of blankets on the bed and a free breakfast. The towels were huge. Great hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple