“New Facility, Great Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #26 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Newport, Oregon
“New Facility, Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

Stayed here the night before an early morning flight out of Phoenix. This hotel appears to be new; all amenities are very up-to-date. Beautiful room. Spent Happy Hour in the hotel bar; it had specials on appetizers and the beer was very cold! Only five minutes to the hotel by its shuttle. Not much in the area near the hotel. If you don't have a car, plan to eat in the hotel restaurant - nothing really near by. We will stay at this facility again when in Phoenix and need to be near the airport.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
marilyn1714, owner, revenue manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 12 April 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review after your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you chose our hotel due to the proximity to the airport and our 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle service.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area, you will once again stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. We will keep the beer cold and the appetizers flowing, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

Very nice, very new, Hilton Garden Inn that is above average for this chain. Room was very clean. Love the showers without tubs. Plenty of free parking, and free internet, but not near anything but the airport.

1 Thank drichrx
Lakewood, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

The hotel is clean and has nice amenities. It is close to the airport, so not a great area of Phoenix, but a short drive to Tempe and you will find just about anything you need.

We had a 6:00 AM flight, so we dropped off the rental car the night before and took the shuttle back to the hotel. Not knowing the "routine", we called the hotel from the rental car center. At first, the employee stated that the shuttle would be at the terminal in 3-4 minutes. I told him that we were still at the rental car center and he rudely said "Call back when you are there." So, we called back when we were at the terminal and he said the shuttle would be there in 3-4 minutes. About 10 minutes later, we called again. He said the shuttle was on the way. When I told him that he had said it would be 3-4 minutes, he said "No, that was when you call the first time and weren't there. I told you 15 to 20 minutes." He then called the driver and told me it would be 7-10 minutes. After about 15 more minutes, the shuttle arrived. When we arrived at the hotel, my colleague went to the desk and told this employee that he was rude. He did apologize and give us a drink coupon, but also stated that he was "very busy" and we called at the wrong time. I know I was tired, but I know what I heard and this guy did NOT need to be as rude as he was.

Otherwise, a good airport selection.

1 Thank akborn66
marilyn1714, Owner, Revenue Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the level of service you received when trying to return your rental car and secure a ride back to the hotel. There is no excuse for how the situation was handled. Your comments were presented to the entire staff during our weekly meeting, which led to retraining in the appropriate areas to prevent this from happening again.

I hope that if you return to the Phoenix area you will consider staying with us again, giving us a chance to exceed your expectations with the level of service you expect from the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North.

Most Sincerely,

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

I recently had 2 separate stays at this property for a total of 5 nights. I am not too bothered about the local area, and the hotel itself was clean and the beds very comfortable. I can't see anyone wanting to use the pool as there isn't really any privacy from the front street and from people entering and leaving the hotel. Internet was reliable, and tv in room was nice.

As a Hilton Diamond member I wasn't offered an upgrade on either stay, but did receive breakfast. I thought all staff I had dealings with were very pleasant except for 1 waitress in particular during breakfast who took my drink order twice and seemed flustered because I asked for chocolate milk and both times didn't bring it out. The cook doing the breakfast was a very nice fellow and remembered what I wanted for breakfast during my 2nd stay. I have stayed at several Hilton locations in the Phoenix area and I would consider this hotel again if the rate was reasonable.

1 Thank TheWinger
marilyn1714, Owner, Revenue Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 23 March 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel after your two recent stays. Your comments are appreciated, as training is an ongoing process and guest comments are a very useful tool.

We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix airport area, you will once again stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North.

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Stayed for business for three days. Driving there, I was worried about the "local residents" but I guess ALL cities near the airport have their questonable people. Good news ... the hotel was just past that. The interior is beautiful. The room was comfy with all amenities to include a great <included> breakfast (I wasn't there for any other meals or happy hour) I booked here as it was fairly clsoe to my business and rated the #2 hotel in Phoenix. Did not disappoint. Gym was suitable. A *small* pool was in front next to an arterial (I don't know about taking a dip as the traffic flies by) If a pool is what you're looking for, this may not be for you. But if you are looking for an attentive/friendly staff, excellent bed, and good hotel inside, this is your place. 4 out of 5 for the price ($119 per night) I jogged through Papago Park and climbed Camelback Mountain. Fairly close to both.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
marilyn1714, Owner, Revenue Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to sub mit a review after your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. We are very proud of our new hotel, and pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations and service worthy of our #2 rating amongst Phoenix hotels. We hope that you will stay with us again whenever you travel to the Phoenix area.

New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

This hotel is 10 stories high, and the classiest Garden Inn I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot). Typically, you'd expect the white tile entry with the chandelier and the Golden Girls furniture. Not here. This place is like walking into swank W or the like, with a great bar stocked with flat screens, and very courteous staff. The room was great with all of the latest amenities, and here's (sadly) one of the best parts- outlets everywhere! No struggle to plug in my iPod, Blackberry, laptop, Bluetooth- plenty of electrical current to spare!
The only dig on this place is its location- although in good proximity to the airport, Van Buren is known to be one of the raunchiest parts of Phoenix, and this hotel sticks out like a 10 story sore thumb. Great hotel, just stay indoors after the sun goes down (unless crack and prostitutes are a part of your business trip).

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review after your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. We are very proud of our new property and pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and the service you received.

Our location, one mile from the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and direclty across the street from Gateway Community College provides easy access to downtown Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe. In addition, we are only one block north of a stop on the brand new Phoenix Light Rail. We hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

This Hilton Garden Inn was a comfortable, clean, and convenient airport hotel. I stayed one night on a layover during a business trip. The airport shuttle bus was prompt and the driver was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and everything worked. The bed, however, was a little hard so I had some trouble sleeping. The breakfast was good, but a little on the expensive side.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review after your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. We are pleased that you enjoyed the deluxe accommodations, received excellent service,and that you found our 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle service convenient.