“Not bad at all, for the price.”

Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Spent five nights here while attending a dog show in Scottsdale.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating, they filled my request for a room on the first floor and at the back of the property. I messed up because I should have also requested that I not be next to the stair well. (I think there was a small army staying on the second floor, it was noisy when ten kids tromped up and down the stairs, my fault), The room was clean and as well stocked as one would expect for a budget hotel.
Good coffee in the lobby all day.
Easy access to the Freeway.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the back away from the stair well!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank OsidePirate
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here 2nd week of February 2012. Room was on the 3rd floor. First the positives: Price was only about $70/night. Not noisy at least on the side away from the highway. Convenient to get on interstate hwy 17. Bell road has a lot of shopping, eating, etc. not too far away from the hotel. The shower drained well, the TV worked and the bed was comfortable. Didn't have to test the air conditioner or heater very much.

Now the negatives. Cleanliness was o.k. in the shower, the stool, the bed linens, etc. but, the room wasn't clean in general. The rug was worn, the furniture and linens were old and thread bare. Dirt smudges on the wall and dirt in the corners and just generally felt dirty. Hallway rugs were worn and the facility in general is a little run down. Bring your Lysol wiper. Its o.k. for a single adult traveler if your trying to save money but I wouldn't recommend it to a family that is trying to relax for a couple of days.

Room Tip: The highway is on the east side. It may be noisy there but I can't say for sure. I was on the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mtnhike1
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I were on a business trip to Tucson that went longer than anticipated. Decided to stay in Phoenix rather than drive the 4 hours home. This hotel is not where I am used to staying...lower budget. That being said, it was ok. Sketchy people staying there but the room was pretty good. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom did not seem very clean.....what appeared to be a dirty tub mat. Basic room and higher price than it should have been.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sstryker
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our return trip from the west coast. Arrived after sundown and were tired from travelling. Having read all the reviews on TA about this Red Roof site, we opted to give it a try. Check-in was easy enough. The young man at the desk was quite amiable. Based on our research, we even took the advice of others and requested a room on the back side away from the noise of Interstate 17 and on the north side of the building away from smokers at the back exit doors. See we did read the TA reviews.
When we opened the room door, we were greeted by a sickeningly sweet aroma, like a cheap public restroom. It looked clean enough, yet quite spartan as the others had stated. Additionally, the beds seemed quite low to the floor as if they were lacking the mattress portion of a box and mattress. And they were more than hard! Unbearably hard. So much so that in the middle of the night, I found myself awake and almost angry at the extreme discomfort. My wife was up at 4A ready to leave and she is NOT an early riser!
We got up and left the room in the predawn hours, not even taking the time to shower or clean up for the road. It was that bad. We just wanted out of there!
My wife later told me that during the night the smell had seemed to become that of an animal and that the disinfectant smell had come from an attempt to cover it up.
All in all, go elsewhere. The inexpensive room is NOT a bargain.

Room Tip: As stated, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank juanwilly
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. We do apologize for the noise, and room issues. We have promptly addressed the room items you mentioned. Our property has recently gone through a makeover and we are also now a 100% smoke free hotel. We hope you will give us another opportunity on a future visit to Phoenix. Thank You, Nathan Pape, GM 602-866-1049, i0250@redroof.com

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed two nights during a recent trip to Phoenix. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was basic but clean and functional. First room faced freeway and was definitely noisier than room on other side of building. Applebee's is in walking distance and had a reverse happy hour with a wild karaoke happening on Saturday night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Good location but a tad too close to I17 if you are on the wrong side of hotel. Very loud Decent room but nothing special. Third floor smelled a tad funky as you get off the elevator. The front desk guy was totally overwhelmed with one check in and one phone call. Took
15 minutes to check in plus goofy policy & fee for the in room safe. At least interior corridors.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The staff here is very friendly, and made us feel very welcome. The room is a great room for the price you pay. Don't expect a 5 star room, but for $50/night, it exceeded my expectations. Great location, near a grocery store and a fun bar/restaurant. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Phoenix.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 December 2011

Thank you so much for your positive comments! Each month we post our Trip advisor reviews for all staff to see. I know they were very grateful to see your positive feedback. Our staff really are committed to making our guests' experience the best possible, and our newly renovated rooms with new beds and flat screen TV's has added that little extra to put us over the top. Thank you again for your review. Please feel free let us know if there is anything we can do!

Bill Hendricks