“Just ok”

Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road
Ranked #83 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed there over the weekend and even though they say it 100% smoke free we still had to walk through people smoking just outside the main lobby. They have a smoking area but they don't enforce it. Also the exhaust fan was not working in the shower and mold was starting to form on the ceiling. Staff was very nice but please eliminate the smokers hanging around the front of the main lobby.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rdtaz2
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. The inside of the building and the pool area are both 100% smoke free, and although we do have smoking areas, the law permits smoking anywhere 25 feet from an entrance door. The bathrooms do not have normal electric fans, they work on a different system that automatically pulls air from the room 24 hours a day. Thank you for complementing the staff and sorry with the issues you had with your stay. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Misty Maynard, front desk, went above and beyond last night to fix my computer to finally get online. She is an angel! Jonah is very polite, helpful and always has a smile, Jane is very professional and a very nice woman. It has been a very pleasurable stay and i will return to this location for the outstanding service I have received. Thank you Red Roof for an awesome stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for talking your time to write a review. My staff is awesome! I have shared your kind words with the staff mentioned as well as the rest of my staff. Hope to see you again soon. Nathan, GM, i0250@redroof.com.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our stay at Red Roof Inn was short. My friends and I stayed 2 nights total and although there were not many amenities - my friends did not have a hairdryer in their room - it was clean and the rooms were decent. It seemed to fine for the price we paid. The person who worked the night shift, Misty, was very sweet. She was courteous when we checked in at 1:30 a.m. and was still very sweet when I checked out at 7:30 a.m. Misty was wonderful and should get a raise!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I will share your kind words with Misty and the rest of the staff as well. Our upgraded Superior King room and Double Deluxe rooms do have hair dryers in them, but we do have them at the front desk as well. Thank you again for staying at Red Roof Inns and we hope to see you again in the future. Nathan, GM, i0250@redroof.com

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Looks like a good one but is not really. The showers had hot water. No way to moderate the temperature to cold or mildly warm. Very irritating. The so called NON-SMOKING room did have smoke smell. We had to change the room. The front desk staff wasn't that courteous.The corridors & the room smelled old. Was okay for the price we paid. I wish we had a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review. We are 100% smoke free but unfortunately some guests choose to smoke in the rooms anyway. My staff and I combat this problem by putting the room out of order and completely strip the room. I am sorry that you were not comfortable and that you did not have a great experience with us. I hope in the future you will give us another chance to serve you. Nathan, GM, i0250@redroof.com.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had stayed in this establishment to conclude the weekend of our Son's COTA graduation in February of this year.
We were staying with our two young granddaughters ages 3 and 4 years old. The plumbing was terrible and was told I had to plunge my own toilet and tolerate the water pressure in the showers. This after I had spoken with the management and was told there was nothing more they could do to assist us.
We will no longer frequent this establishment or any establishment by this name.
Shame on them for making their guests have to plunge their own toilets and have to pay to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Peggy C

Thank you for taking time to post a review and I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience with us. It is not our policy for guests to have to take care of any room issues of any kind and I have shown and discussed your review with my staff. I hope in the future you will give us another chance to serve you. Nathan, GM, i0250@redroof.com.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have been staying at Red Roof Inn for many years, probably got it from my dad who has been using them for years.

But about the hotel. This place is nice and clean. I was very satisfied with my stay. They must have recently upgraded the hotel since I last stayed at one. The room was clean and updated. The flat screen TV was a surprise. I would love to stay again.

Room Tip: This location is multi story, but they do have an elevator. Try to get a room near the elevator, or...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and for being a loyal Red Roof Inns patron. I am glad that you enjoyed our property and that the flat screen TV’s was a pleasant surprise for you. We look forward to your next stay with us. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

When in Phoenix I usually stay here. I find the staff very friendly and always ready to assist you any way they can.
The rooms are large and comfortable. They don't have free breakfast, but the money I save staying here, I can go to any of the close by restaurants.
For the price, it's the best bargain in Phoenix.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I have shared your comments with my staff; they always enjoy hearing positive comments about how they are doing. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.