Hotel has good and not so good points. Rooms are comfortable and in good condition but use older style window air conditioning units which are noisy. Prefer central air/heating due to its quiet noise-free operation. I too stayed on the side of the bldg facing the I-10 freeway which is noisy because of these window style air-cond. heating units. The upside is that this location puts you within easy access of highway leading to airport and downtown Phoenix. Pool is small but clean and in good shape - never saw anybody using it despite near 100F temps. Area location is safe and lots of restaurants around within 5-10 min drive or even walking distance. Breakfast bar has nice quick continental style items but doesn't open until 6:30am which leaves many 7am work-starters out of luck. Would prefer to see a 5:30am start time instead. Rooms have nice updated LG HD flat screens but for some reason the TV reception is horrendous. The three local channels come in clearly but more than half the others are fuzzy/static reception and remind me of the rabbit ear antenna days. In this day and age all channels should be crisp and clear - no excuse here. Free internet couldn't be pinged in hotel room but was fine in the lobby. Cell phone reception Sep2013 on Verizon was barely 3G reachable. Either no close phone towers or building is too shielded. Need 4G or at least full signal wi-fi to be of use to business folks in their rooms. Gotta give the biggest hand to the front desk staff who were extremely polite and helpful at all times and for keeping coffee pot running all day. Would stay here again if I had to but would look elsewhere first for more updated amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Chandler just off Interstate 10 and Chandler Boulevard. We are located in a suburban area close to Intel, ADP, Honeywell and Global Crossing. Enjoy wireless Internet access in all areas of the hotel, included in your rate. We have brand new 32 inch flat panel HD TV's. Our complimentary breakfast buffet offers hot items including a pancake machine, sausage gravy & biscuits, bacon, scrambled eggs or cheese omelets & sausage patties, among other items such as bagels, muffins, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruits and many other items. Check your email or print boarding passes in our business center. Our meeting room accommodates up to 40 people classroom style. We offer a larger work desk in our guest rooms and two phones. Guests coming to our area for leisure activities will enjoy our outdoor heated pool with whirlpool, and guest laundry. Workout with confidence in our fitness room which features state-of-the-art equipment. Detailed area information is available at our front desk. Golfers, we have several great courses just a short distance from the hotel. Nearby fun spots include Rawhide Western Town, Gila River Casino, and shopping centers, such as the brand new "Phoenix Premium Outlets Mall", only 3 miles from our hotel. We are a short drive to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, ASU, Phoenix Zoo and hiking trails. Whether your visit to the Phoenix/Chandler area is for business or pleasure, you are just a few clicks away from experiencing the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phoenix-Chandler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Holiday Inn Phoenix
- Phoenix Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix Arizona