“More than you pay for” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #126 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Concord, California
“More than you pay for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night on our way to move to San Francisco. It was one of the cheapest Phoenix hotels we could find online, so I wasn't expecting anything too fantastic, but boy, was I surprised! The room had a kitchenette with all the amenities: toaster, stove, fridge, coffee maker, and all the dishes we needed. It was very comfortable, and we wished that we could have stayed there instead of moving on to SF! Very affordable and lovely. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alex G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Metro Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Kind Regards,
Alexander Grant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Suburban Extended Stay is located right off of Interstate 17 near many other hotels and restaurants. Pretty centrally located for going to several ballparks for Spring Training. Room was good value and had small kitchen and sofa bed. Refrigerator didn't work very well and we had to go to lobby for towels and bedding for sofabed after check in. Pool was closed as well. Pretty good staff; average place for average price so can't complain.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

GM
Matteson, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

My sisters and I traveled to Phoenix to arrange and attend my Grandmothers home going. I planned a 7 day stay and this hotel having a full kitchen was extremely attractive. I read the previous reviews and they scared me. However I read the new management responses which indicated that improvements had been made this year in January. I was still a bit skeptical so I booked at the Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites just in case; which were both hundreds of dollars more than what I would pay at the Suburban Extended Stay (without the convenience of a kitchen). When we arrived, I was first impressed by the smell of cleanliness. The clerk Mynor greeted
us with warmth and professionalism. I asked to see the room & was pleasantly surprised to see that it was clean, the furniture was was in great condition, the carpet appeared to be newer, all of the kitchen appliances worked and the mattresses on the bed appeared to be newer. I cancelled the reservations that I had with the other two hotels.
I don't know what the previous condition of the hotel or management were like but I can honestly say that our stay was excellent. It was nothing close to what was described in the adverse reviews. The staff including the manager were helpful, polite and professional. There were no "shady" people hanging anywhere around (as written in a past review), the room was clean, comfortable and everything worked. I even witnessed a brand new mattress being set up in the room across from mine to replace a mattress where a guest had "a little accident". I would have never knew that this hotel had some issues in the past. It was an excellent accommodation, a great deal for the dollar and I would definitely recommend it to others.---Kathie from Chicago

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Darigregkat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We were not too certain about this property after reading some reviews. What we found was an outstanding bargain. EVERYTHING has been or is being refurbished just recently. Nice comfortable room with more than adaquate space and items for a longer than average stay.
Definitely the best thing here is the superb customer service. From the manager to the maid service, they are friendly and professional. Personal accolades to Mynor, the manager who does such a good job of making all customers feel at home, and Nadine, who welcomes each guest at the desk as if they were a friend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Timefor
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I booked this hotel using Choice Points online. I was told I would need a credit card to check in. I brought my credit card, however I was told at check in that they would "hold" $100 on it. This was never on the reservation. I did not have that much open on the credit card I brought with me. My companion had to use her credit card to be able to check in. The front desk personnel were very rude about the whole process. And after 3 days the "hold" is still on my friends credit card. The check in staff also took a photo copy of my companion's i.d. and credit card and wrote down the 3 digit code on the back of the card. I am not sure why that was done for a "hold". If any suspicious activity is on her card we will definitely press charges! The bed was horrible and we had to sleep on the floor of the room because it was so lumpy and soft. There were no light bulbs in the lamps. The room smelled. Horrible experience!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L P
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your recent stay at Suburban.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Tempe.
If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 602-395-0900.
Kind Regards,
GM

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Phoenix, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Service was excellent...The front desk staff .....(Nadine).......was one of the most professional staff there....out of all the hotels I stayed..... she was the only one to offer for me see the room first....... I would have to ask the front desk staff to see the room she went beyond great customer service thank you Nadine....The room was beautifull very very clean which was a plus for me...thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Johnnetta
Thank you for taking the time to complete online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Mesa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

i reserved with just a few criteria: low price, spa, larger room.
nice exterior hides a lot of problems.

toilet didn't flush, door lock opened without a key,(this is a big deal) bed was deeply bowled so we fell into each other. 2/3 of exercise room equipment broken, business center computer out of order.

more cons:
no breakfast, very hard to find if you don't know where it is, call desk for specific turn onto frontage road from dunlap, it is I17 entrance. google maps has it wrong.

pros:
coffee, nice staff, kitchenette with stuff, worth the money if lock and toilet worked. hot spa.

i saw several staff so i know they have people here to do the maintenance, i'll give them benefit of doubt and hope they are catching up on deferred past troubles.

Room Tip: be sure the lock works! flush the toilet, lay on the bed.