“Good management, less than good overall maintenance”

North Phoenix Campground and RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phoenix
North Phoenix Campground and RV Park
Pendleton, Oregon
“Good management, less than good overall maintenance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed for six nights in March. Billie, the manager, was very helpful. The bathrooms and showers were well cleaned every day. However, it was obvious that the owner is not putting any money into the park. The sink counters in the bathrooms were just plywood covered with formica and not trimmed out. The showers, while fully tiled and clean, had no place to put toiletries while showering. Base moulding, which should not be necessary, was coming off in the showers and was missing in the bathrooms. There is no wi-fi, only a cable hook up in one of the buildings. The sites are gravel with no trees. The sewer hookup we had would not mate with our standard sewer hose. It took a trip to Lowes to find a piece of plumbing pipe to make the connection. On the plus side, it is cheap. Spend more and stay at Desert Edge RV Park.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank spoozum

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days and it was 4 days too many. 1st the management staff greeted us with a "What do you want?" My wife Beverly and I looked at each other with a mild distaste for the situation. Little did we know, the following four days were going to be a disaster. Upon arrival to our RV spot we were welcomed by a loud array of music and yelling from a group next to us which seemed to settle down around 3 am. We could tell this park loved dogs because there were apparently no leash rules or polices at this park. When both the noise and the disregard for dog leash's were brought to the managements attention, one could tell there was a lack of compassion towards the situation. Let me rephrase that, management gave us a "Sorry, you can leave if you want" We will never return to this park. We would suggest extensive management training and stricter policies on noise and animals.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
17 Thank jasonmunson2011

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

Tlitle Bad Mgnt:: My husband and I work and travel all over the contry. when we get to a RV park we always let the people know that we have a K-9 unit.( working dogs) and that they us electronic leashes and never once has anyone ever had a problem with this. The blond lady stated that was ok.the day we arrived. We paid for One week. on day three I was walking my dog out to the run down parking lot accross the street where there is glass and poop all over the place because they do not have a place for dogs (no do run)and she saw me and said I hade to put my dog on a lease. when I told her he is on a electronic leash she said all dogs have to be on leases more then once. when her husband returned five min. later I was polite and said that she said the day we arive that it was fine . He then called me a lire. To me that is insulting because I am not a lire. We were out of there within 10min.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
8 Thank dianna45
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

The park is a waste of your time and money i wouldnt send my dog here. The blonde lady has no clue what is going on i have been cussed out by both managers. Which during this time they both seemed to be impaired. I seen a bottle of whiskey on the florr of the golf cart. They get mad if your to "loud" but then he drives around reving up his truck and motorcycle. They do not need to be running this place someone needs to put a stop to it!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank dirtbikeracer69
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

We spent a month at this location, on Louise Dr, and left because the management is very rude/crude/unprofessional. The blonde woman is always in a bad mood when you go into the office. She won't go out of her way to help you - a very hardened, unhappy person. I think they fired 3 or 4 employees - or they quit! I know I would! They act as if they don't want your business, so they lost ours. The jacuzzi was cold, the pool area looks horrible. It is noisy with motorcycles at all times, the airport is a few streets over and it's constant airplane traffice flying over, the showers are dirty, broken doors, swamp coolers blowing cold air .. with no place to put your shampoo/soap except on the floor. They don't open their laundry room at the time posted on the door - 7 AM - it's "whenever they feel like it." The prices in their store are downright price-gouging. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The whole experience was horrible.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank RVtravels2010
wdbnice
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

Moved into park in August 2009, Bill is very nice, friendly, maintance man Dan is friendly and quiet, the young gal at the desk is very friendly. Now comes the worst! The blond woman manager is the most rudist unfriendly person I have ever encountered. Being in a customer service business for over 22 years, I have never encountered such rude treatment in my life.
It started from the first week, when I went to wash clothes. I put in quarters in one of the machines and it registered all the quarters but wouldn't start, so I called the office and she told me "next time watch what you are doing and don't continue to put in the money if it's not registering", I explained it did register the coins. She then told me "just come in and get your money but this won't be done again, if you can't watch what your doing, then it's your own fault". I let her keep the money. Not worth the hassle.
Then in December, our rent ($350.00) and electric was due on the 14th, neither my husband or myself could be there on the 15th so 2 days before, my husband wanted to pay the rent, she informed him that it wasn't due yet and and she didn't have it ready, he would have to wait until the 14th. He explained that we couldn't be there on the 14th, and she pointed to the sign on the counter that states "late fee's of 10.00", then Bill said I could call it in later. So later that morning the bill was taped to our RV door. So I called and she informed me, that they prefer me to come in and pay it, (she was very rude about it), so I did, she then went on a rant and rave about dealing with people like us, why do we insist on paying the rent before it is even due. This went on for close to 3 minutes, she then took the credit card and ran it through, she then dropped the card and the slip on the counter and said "if you don't like our rules here you can always leave". We left the following Sat.! Please, if you want an enjoyable stay, whether short or long term, don't stay here until the owner of the park gets her out of there, and if I knew how to contact him, I would. She makes staying there very uncomfortable and unfriendly. And the thing is, we both left at 6AM and weren't back until 7PM except Sat. & Sun. We were quiet, stayed to ourselves, kept our little dog on a leash, and kept things clean and neat. My husband goes to school and works part time and I work full time, so we didn't spent much time in the park. And that still did not make her friendly. She is a very rude and obnoxious person. Bill should really find someone that is a better PR person if he wants to continue to manage and run this RV park.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
9 Thank wdbnice
phoenix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2009

Me, my young son and parents lived in separet trailers, and many times had to switch lots because of electric poles not working.....when I tried to hit the side of one electric pole, I accidently broke the glass dome (only the glass dome) and they are trying to get the entire amount of the pole (which was broken in the first place and needed to be replaced) from me, and when we finally moved (we stayed for alot of manager changes, and when the current husband/wife team took over, it went soooo down hill, it was tragic.......the park filthy, not letting ANY child even ride their bike or scooter in the park, the managers always saying "Move if you don't like it", and if your kid rides is bike in the park, I'll call the cops"......they kept my depost, (over $200, plus what I was suposed to get back for leaving before the month was over, because of that electric pole which was broken in the first place..........I did tell them off when I moved out and they stated if I try to come on the property, even to visit another resident, I'll be arrested..... she never even smiled,,,,NEVER, and always had something bad to say to the tenants....and in the end, the male manager was a very angry man, who used to be nice......I plead with everyone who might think of staying their....especially if they have children....DON'T........YOUR CHILD WILL HAVE TO STAY ON THE LOT TO PLAY, OR RIDE THEIR BIKE IN THE FIELD JUST OUTSIDE THE PARK, OR THE ACTUALLY STREET OF WEST LOUISE AND HOPE THEY DON'T GET HIT BY A CAR.....DON;T EVER STAY THEIR......

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family