“Customer service needs lots of work”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley
Ranked #123 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Prescott, Arizona
“Customer service needs lots of work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is not the greatest Extended Stay but had customer service been better it may have made a difference. Not welcoming at all. Rooms weren't exceptionally clean they were adequate. It served its purpose but we don't plan on going back or recommending.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that your were not provided with quality service and that your room was not cleaned to standard. We will review your feedback with our front desk staff to ensure we are always providing our guests with friendly, superior service. We will also meet with our housekeeping staff to make sure every room is cleaned to our standards.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I booked online with Priceline and was able to get a non-smoking first floor room for a sr citizen. The staff was very supportive of her and when I extended the stay again thru Priceline first I was told my guest would have to move to another hotel but they were able to accommodate her and keep her in the same room. I would have given all 5's for excellence in relationship to the $ cost but when I picked up the sr citizens belongings I forgot to check the refrigerator. I feel since the front desk knew I was local they should at least have given me a Call. I was in and out of the hotel on a daily basis. My guest was extremely happy with all staff.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and your guest. We are proud of our staff for providing you with quality service; however, we do apologize that you were not contacted in regards to the refrigerator. We will work with our housekeeping staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

excellent and helpful kind and courteous staff everything I could possibly need nice clean room at a good price yummy breakfast choices and the ability to save money by cooking my
own food if desired. I couldn't have asked for a better experience thank you especially to Sherry and Daniel

• Stayed June 2014
Kathy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so proud of our staff, especially Sherry and Daniel, for providing you with such great service. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, so we are thrilled to hear that we did just that during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We got a smoking deal online for this hotel and were very pleased. The facility was clean and looked modern and updated. The check-in took a little longer than it should have but the clerk was nice and friendly. The complimentary breakfast is nothing more than a grab and go - oranges, apples, packaged muffins, granola bars, and coffee. It's not a sit-down breakfast. The room was very comfortable and the stay wonderful. The bed was very good, tv new with plenty of channels. We were there only one night but it has the capability of housing someone for several nights. Good enough stove top, microwave, and full refrigerator. The shower had good water pressure and the bathroom was big enough. A slight complaint - no shampoo nor conditioner. Fortunately, we are frequent, savvy travelers and brought our own, but it could be an issue for those who don't do that. Overall, a very nice night's stay at a great price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a clean and modern room that was to your liking. I am also glad to read that our front desk staff was friendly, though I do apologize that check-in took longer than it should have. I will be reviewing check-in procedures with my front desk team to prevent this from happening again. Still, we appreciate all of your kind comments about our amenities. Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at pdv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Friendswood, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Filthy. Room smelled of dead rotting fish and the floor was sticky.
Nothing quite like lifting the toilet lid and finding someone else's Pubic hairs on the seat.
For the price ya get what you pay for. Although I have stayed at better Motel 6s for less money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Wolley
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of your room at check-in. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our team is working to improve our cleaning services and inspection procedures moving forward so that cleanliness is not an issue in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at pdv@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Orange, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

It's simply a hotel room. That's all. Not a lot of fluff but exceeded my expectations for such a great price. You may want to bring your own pillow, because the ones provided are really bumpy and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FunintheOCsun
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please know, we will keep your feedback in mind in regards to our pillows as we continue to make improvements to our bedding in the future. Still, we hope you will stay with us again in the future!
Andover, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I would stay again as the price is right.
This hotel is ok, it is not the best or newest but it is clean and reasonably comfortable, the price is very good.
Front Desk couldn't check me in because she was running an "audit" (?) on one of the computers and the other was out of paper and I had to come back in 45 min. I am not sure why you would do something that would not allow you to check guest in so early when it could be done in the wee hours.
I booked double queen beds but they were actually full size.

The beds were very firm but the pillows were ok.

More road noise than I would have liked to hear.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to wait to be checked in. I have addressed the staff regarding your concerns to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pdv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Cari Robertson