Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
Ranked #144 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Farmington, New Mexico
“HORRIBLE! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend and at first it seems nice till the next morning there was a smell of pet urine on the bed and carpet, The bathroom shower was very dirty, the kitchen utility's were dirty and the parking spaces are way to close to one another someone backed into my car n left a dent there are no cameras watching the parking lot it's just a horrible place to stay I'll NEVER stay here again

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angeleyes7311
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, 10 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you experienced cleanliness and parking issues. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to increase our deep cleaning carpet schedule and look into maximizing our parking spaces.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pat@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

As a frequent traveler, I spend a great deal of time in hotels. Until now, my favorite choice of accommodations has been Extended Stay America. The horrible overall experience I had at the E. Oak Street property was enough to change my feelings on this brand. The manager,Dione,was the most abrasive and apathetic individual I have ever dealt with at Extended Stay America hotels. My room was extremely filthy with rotting food still on the plates in the cabinet. The smell of this room was akin to a garbage dump and the dishwasher flooded the kitchen floor when I washed the dirty dishes. When I calmly requested another room, my request was COMPLETELY ignored. BEWARE THIS PROPERTY! Your money is too important to waste on abusive,apathetic hotel staff. Word to the wise: AVOID this property at all costs!

Room Tip: Beware this property!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jamie M
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Jamie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues regarding the cleanliness of your room and staff response you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know, I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I am coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at pat@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Room is old and old carpets are stained, but for the price this is easily overlooked. However, the cigarette smell in the non-smoking room is unbearable. I write this review at 5am because I cannot take this smell in my lungs and throat any longer and will be checking out in a few minutes. The price is very low but you actually get less than you pay for. TOO MANY APOLOGIES BY THE MANAGER ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD WARN YOU - PAY A FEW DOLLARS MORE AND STAY ELSEWHERE....PLENTY OF OPTIONS NEARBY. Manager apologies listed on this website review post lead to one thing; they know this hotel is a challenge and there is absolutely nothing they can do but say "we are sorry". Just spend your hard-earned money somewhere else.

Room Tip: Nothing to offer - I used a whole can of Fabreze in an attempt to remove this smoke smell - it did n...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ray1232
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

'' extended stay"??? I don't think anyone in their right mind would stay here longer than a night. It is a like staying in a ghetto. The room is filthy, the carpets are so dirty. The shower leaks and the smoke alarm was beeping all night I assume because someone could not take the time to change the battery! Just a disgrace, spend your hard earned money elsewhere, the place should be shut down!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nic675
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very disappointed that you experienced cleanliness issues and maintenance issues. You should not have to hear beeping from a smoke alarm and your carpets should be clean at check in. Please accept my apologies. To prevent this from happening again, my team is proactively cleaning all carpets and scheduling replacements of batteries before they become a problem.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pat@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Basically the facility was you get what you pay for. The nice thing about this place is the room is more spacious than your regular room, the shower was nice, and the service was great (at least I had no problems). The problems I did have though was the ventilation in the room. The room smelled really bad when we first entered, rather musty to be honest. No way to open the window also the kitchen vent fan and the bathroom vent fan were broken. Each time my boyfriend and I cooked or used the shower, the room was either very moist or smelled due to the moisture/food cooking. The carpet also needed cleaning. Every time we walked around with our bare feet on the carpet, our feet would turn black. Pretty terrible. Also the pans were not very good. All food stuck to them and I spent three days trying to scrub the pan clean. The bathroom tile had mildew growing on the wall. Not all the outlets did not work as when I tried to plug something in the plug would fall out of the outlet. Also there was damage to the walls and other parts of the room. Overall, was a cozy place to sleep for a few hours, but not truly a hotel I think is worth spending a lot of time in. You get what you pay for. We stay seven nights all together.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room before paying if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank barkerchan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am pleased to hear that the spaciousness of your guest room exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with a clean comfortable place to stay, so I am disappointed to hear that you experienced cleanliness and ventilation issues. In response to your feedback, we are increasing our preventive maintenance program so all of our rooms are up to standards. Still, I am pleased our staff provided exceptional customer service during your stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at pat@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is the most disgusting, filthy, dangerous hotel that I have ever been. The entire room and property was filthy. The property is dirty, the rooms are filthy. The carpet, walls, floors, counters and every surface in the room was stained and/or covered with filth. It is completely unacceptable (and unsanitary) for anyone to stay here. The rooms were clearly not cleaned. I don't care if this is a budget hotel, there is absolutely no excuse for this. If the rooms are not clean or ready for a guest, then don't rent them out!!! I did not sleep here, for fear of contracting something....I checked out immediately after seeing my room. Then I was shown another room - however that one was just as dirty.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have already initiated a preventive maintenance program to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pat@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

The lock was jammed to my room and the attendant didn't have a master key. The Phoenix Fire Department had to be called to open the door. They indicated that the property had multiple fire code violations and was not safe.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this particular property. Is is dirty and not up to code. "DANGEROUS"...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Mark - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your room door jammed and you have concerns regarding cleanliness and safety. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working diligently on ensuring that all the room doors are in working condition as well as any violations brought to our attention are quickly remedied. The safety of our guest and staff is our top priority so; we have worked with the fire department to ensure that our property does not have any violations. The team and I are also retraining on cleaning procedures to ensure each guest is provided a clean and comfortable guest room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at elesus@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.