“Great Location & Value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix - Biltmore
Ranked #34 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel 2x in the past 2 months, babysitting our baby grandson. The first time we stayed (9 days), we were on the 2nd floor, in a very quiet room close to the elevator. It provided the peace & quiet we needed as well as being away from other guest rooms (I'm sure they didn't want to hear our grandson crying at 4:30 am!). The hotel provided a suitable crib for us both times.

Each unit has a small kitchen with a decent size refrigerator, which we needed for the baby's milk and other supplies we purchased at the nearby Trader Joes and Frys Superstore. The kitchen has the basic amenities (microwave, coffee maker, 2 burner stove, dishes, and a few pots and pans. There is also a laundry room on the first floor, which we used a few times. The washer and dryer cost was quite reasonable. The maid service was good and we didn't lack for emptied wastebaskets or clean towels.

The curtains in the bedroom and living room are sun blocking, so it keeps the room darker for an extra few winks in the morning, which we appreciated after getting up so early to feed the baby.

We liked this place so much we came back the following month and stayed there over Thanksgiving. It was a different room, but very similar to the other one. Staff and service personnel were friendly and courteous.

An extra bonus is a very decent complimentary breakfast served daily and an evening appetizer served Monday-Friday in the downstairs dining near the front desk. I should also mention they have 24 hours coffee, hot chocolate and tea downstairs in the lobby, as well as cool drinking water,

While this place has a small indoor gym and outside swimming pool, we didn't have time to use them, but it is something to look forward to in the future.

It felt like a "home away from home" and we would definitely return to this location when we travel back to Phoenix.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Stayed five days asked for a high floor. The clerk said second floor and I said no. A fourth floor room facing the pool was assigned. The room was very spacious, small area to the right, living room and bedroom was suite like. The tub and toilet were separate from the sink. The light dinner was ok, but the beef was that mystery meat you had either at a school cafeteria or dining commons. And the school stuff was better!! Salads and chips available. Slept like a baby, did not hear a thing. Breakfast was ok, the ladies work very hard to keep the place running. One morning, someone must have called in sick cause a lady in a black frilly dress with heels and painted toenails worked the breakfast room. If she was at the sports bar across the street, I would have tired to talk her up to my room. Anyway, one glitch was my last day, I had cleared my room except for some cereal boxes and items in the fridge. I get back at 10am and the bed is made, everything cleared except for milk and juice in the fridge. I didn't mention that to the front desk, just thought it was unusual that the room was made with towels and bed done before I checked out. Good safe location easy access to and from locations, except for the mystery meat.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank TravelingChumley
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I just checked into this hotel today and was pleasantly surprised. I lived down the street from this hotel awhile back and so I chose it for the area. It is a great safe location close to many great little wine bars, restaurants, and the Biltmore. It is also close to the freeway for easy access.

The hotel staff was very friendly when I checked in and even called my room about 20 minutes later to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Breakfast and dinner are complimentary and the dinner tonight was pretty good. I booked this hotel about a month in advance and paid $95 (+ taxes)/night so I would consider it a good value. It's basically like a 1 bedroom apartment. I have a living room with a couch and a chair that both have ottomans. It has a small table with 2 chairs, a kitchen with a refrigerator, and dishwasher. There is plenty of closet space and a desk in the bedroom. This is a great place and deal for families or for people like me traveling several days for business.

My only complaint is that there is a distinct mildewy odor when you first enter the room as if it needs to be aired out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This hotel is near the Biltmore area of Phoenix, 10-15 minutes from the airport with easy access to highways. Across the street is Trader Joe's (for quick trips to stock the hotel fridge) and lots of restaurants close by. There's even an LA fitness gym in the same facility. Convenient to everything.

We had a corner suite with a fireplace on the fourth floor. The bedroom had two double beds and plenty of space. The living room had a sofa bed that even my son said was more comfortable. Full kitchen with fridge, microwave, dishwasher and two burner stove. We were very comfortable and felt right at home.

Complimentary breakfast each morning with eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc. helped start the day, not to mention easy on the wallet. We noticed a shuttle that took guests close by, but didn't use it as we had a rental car.

The staff was friendly and helpful. My kids even played basketball at the half court behind the pool. All in all, we had a good time and the hotel offered everything we needed. Thank you for a nice stay and we plan to come back in the future!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite. They're more spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The staff made me feel extremely comfortable during the stay. They made an effort to say hello and ask how my day was/went on a daily basis. I stayed from a Tuesday through Friday and was very pleased with the amenities offered. Business travel can be extremely expensive, and the fact that they serve a complimentary breakfast, which was well stocked, and also a complimentary evening reception. Even on the night that I did not get dinner, I was able to cook something for myself in the kitchenette. The property also offered free wireless internet that was a major help, especially since some properties can charge $15-$20 for a day of use. I also experienced some of their networking ability, I was able to use the L.A. Fitness gym across for a special rate of $2.00 per day. The suite was well cleaned and the housekeepers were very nice. The location I was doing business at was very close to the hotel and I was provided with complimentary shuttle service which saved me money on cab fares for the week. The location of the hotel was perfect, I was about "15 minutes from everything in Phoenix", and there were plenty of restaurants in the area along with shopping.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room I would suggest the south side of the building and upper floor, I was not d...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason R
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My family made a stop here on our way to California. The suites were very spacious & comfortable & the food was excellent. The staff made us feel welcome :) we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Great hotel, great suite with a kitchen, living room and bedroom. I will definitely stay here again and again. I wanted a quiet room and I that is exactly what I got along with excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business