Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix - Biltmore
Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Johnson City, United States
“Week stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was the first time that I had stayed at a Homewood Suite, and I was not disappointed. I was on business, and the hotel was very relaxing to come back to after work. The staff were very friendly, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Willis, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Given room by Laundry room. I slept for approx. 2 hrs. Extremely tired when I left & checked into another hotel. I would highly recommend setting hours for the laundry room, listening to banging doors at 2 am was not why I checked into this hotel. The gentleman on staff was understanding but it is was it is. Very Dissatisfied.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank Michael M
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Room had a bad mold smell derived from water leaking from the AC system. Constantly found traces of old food here and there (coach, carpets, etc). Everything look old (because the place is old). Microwave was not working well. Pool was OK. Staff was nice and friendly.

1 Thank Nataniel M
Carlie D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered and I urge you to please contact me if you would like to discuss these further. Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay and I am sorry we let you down. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests and to enhance the overall experience. I hope that if travels bring you to our area in the near future, you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the service you have come to expect from a member of the Hilton family.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The hotel was very clean, the room was quiet, and the a/c worked great despite the high temps outside. The staff was very nice, too. The lobby is large and fairly comfortable if you want to hang out and watch tv. My suite looked down on the pool, but the noise from it was not bad at all.

atlanta ga
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for almost a week and was satisfied with my stay. Room was large and roomy, with full kitchenette, small dining table for 2, living room with nice flat screen tv, separate bedroom with comfortable bedding, and a separate bathroom area. Room had a little bit of normal wear and tear on it, but nothing extreme.

2 minor complaints. The hotel seems very busy and popular, and the common areas ie: lobby, elevators, hallways, could have been a little better tended to. Example, I told the front desk that someone had put their dirty towels outside the door of their room, which happened to be almost directly across from the elevator. I thought it looked unsightly, and thought the staff would want to know. The guy at the front desk seemed like he was going to do something about it, but the next morning when I went to leave to go to my meetings, they were still laying there from the night before. Also, the elevator had what appeared to be small pieces of pizza topping mushrooms in the corner of the elevator and all 3 days I was there, they were never cleaned up. Little things like this bother me, so I don't know why they don't bother the staff.
Lastly, the pool area got very loud at night, and when I called the desk to ask about the noise that was coming thru my 4th floor window as if they were right outside, I was told ' the pool closes at 10 pm " so basically I waited and sure enough, it did stop after 10, but I would have expected them to possible say something since it was extremely loud.

On a positive note.... During my stay I found out a family member had passed away. I was in a mad rush to get the last flight out for the day, and the hotel was kind enough to send someone to my room and pack up all my belongings so when I got there I could immediately check out and make the flight. I can't thank them enough for helping me in a time of need. Thank You !!

I would recommend as well as consider this hotel again on my next trip to Phoenix.

Room Tip: nice LA Fitness directly across the street. Completely renovated july of 2013
Derbyshire
Reviewed 31 July 2013

When you arrive and the receptionist offers you an upgrade you know this is going to be a great stay and indeed it was.

We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was great for us as a family and much appreciated. The kitchen was great and the bedrooms spotlessly clean and totally immaculate. The meal in the evening which was free and I did not expect much of was excellent and my fussy daughter even loved it.

A great nights sleep and excellent breakfast completed an outstanding stay. The pool was very hot in the morning being in the sun but was open in the evening and at a comfortable temperature then.

The hotel is a little out of the main city but has some shops around it and was somewhere I would recommend to anyone. The best hotel so far this holiday.

Room Tip: We had room 345; it is excellent if you can get it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Teec Nos Pos, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Family vacation during monsoon season so the rooms were humid and the A/C was not distributing cold air throughout our suite properly. The fire alarms were damaged from the monsoon rains and kept us up all night and then would not let us sleep in as well because it went off three more times in the morning until we checked out. we were told they were going to be looked at until 2 pm after we checked out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family