“Returning Visit”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Feel like we are back at our home away from home. The Homewood Suites Phoenix-Metro Center is always amazing. We have stayed in many hotels over the years, but the Homewood Suites is our only choice. The staff keeps us coming back!! They are always there to help, kind and friendly. Great food and service. Thank you Homewood Suites Phoenix-Metro Center for making us part of your family.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards of your past stay. We are excited to hear we made you feel right at home. Homewood Suites Phoenix Metro loves having you and appreciate your loyalty with Hilton. Have a wonderful upcoming Holiday season.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The staff was so very helpful to me organizing a family reunion. We had cousins come in from several states and we reserved 7 rooms at a wonderfully great rate! The staff arranged tables for us to all eat together at the yummy free hot breakfast. Maps were printed out for all our activities for us. The laundry room was very convenient. The grounds were lovely for our morning walks. This was a wonderful place to stay-we stayed 3 nights. The location was quiet and safe and close enough to the airport and other parts of town so it was very convenient.
We would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Our team is delighted you had such a memorable experience. We are always willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy. I will share your compliments with our team today at daily huddle. We value your loyalty with Hilton and look forward to serving you again. Have a wonderful upcoming Holiday season.

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 10 nights while on business and wish I could've stayed longer. Their motto is making you feel at home and they truly lived up to that. From having the same staff to making sure everything was going well for you, this Homewood suites made me look forward to 'coming home' every night. The manager was always present during breakfast or evening reception or both to make sure guests were comfortable and to even help clean up guests' dishes and refill their drinks. I really enjoyed having the same attendants for breakfast and evening reception. This is a great place for extended stays but if you're looking for a vacation hotel, you will probably not be impressed as this place is not tailored to that. The rooms and public areas are nothing fancy but the suites are spacious and won't make anyone feel like their stuck between 4 walls. The only negative about this place is their housekeeping- I only asked for my suite to be cleaned once during my stay and found that housekeeping only made my bed and emptied the garbage- I did not see any evidence of vacuuming nor mopping and they did not leave me any shampoo/conditioner/lotion so I had to go to the reception desk to request some. Overall, based on this experience, I will always try to book Homewood suites for any extended travel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. I sincerely apologize for the unacceptable housekeeping experience. Since my arrival in September, our team is working diligently to improve in all area of operations. I promise to review this with our entire team immediately. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I've stayed at several properties near the Metro Center and this is at the top of the list. As a Hitlon Honors member I was looking for a property in the area and they had an attractive <$100 rate. There were some critical reveiws though it appears that this property is under new management. I experienced friendly service from the front desk staff and housekeeping. The property while by no means is perfect, is well maintained.
The room as an extended stay is very spacious. Full king bed and bath in the bedroom suite, and a large comfortable sitting area with a small kitchen with full fridge. Entire room was clean and orderly. Lighting was adequate although not always where you need it. Free internet that worked great. Bed was comfortable with fresh linens. Bath was a tub/shower with good pressure and plenty of hot water. Towels were larger and softer than those you'll find at a Hampton Inn. Each room has a TV, ceiling fan in the bedroom.
There were a couple of points deducted. Sleep can be interuptted as my room faced the I-17 and I was awakend by vehicle noise a couple of times during my stay. It usually quieted down around midnight. I found it easier to sleep when the HVAC was on, but it was louder than I like but helped. Slight issue with the drain in the shower running slow but nothing but minor things.
Property also features a nightly small buffet which I didn't enjoy but seemed well attended. Breakfast is available a no charge also. Really enjoyed my stay and it was a great value comparted to some of the other properties nearby..

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing I-17.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

First, thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I will share this feedback with our entire team today. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Picked this property because of value (2BD RM 2BT ADA AARP Disc.) but by far the best run desk and housekeeping/maintenance coordination we've seen in a long time. The new Manager (Michael) inherited an excellent staff and property where our expectations were far exceeded.

Room Tip: A great place to host a wedding or romantic retreat.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Usually I find Homewood Suites to be the best value and stay for the price in the Hilton chain. However, my opinion of this brand has been seriously eroded thanks to this property. Stayed for three nights but treated by the front desk as a stranger with each nightly entrance.

First night, a huge cockroach crawled out of the tub and startled me in the middle of the night. I understand this can happen anywhere (although its a first for a Hilton hotel and I stay at 60+ per year, including many on the equator) especially in the American southwest, but this 'encounter' created suspicions about cleanliness levels. There was also no evening 'reception' in the lobby while there...perhaps the staff was on 'holiday' along with the pest sprayers. The property is hard to find from the highway and difficult without GPS or a good map...perhaps they are keeping the place a secret until they lose their affiliation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us in Phoenix, we know you have many options in the area and we appreciate you choosing us. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel. We recently had a change of ownership and management in mid September and some things did not meet expectations as we were going through the transition, for that I truly apologize as the guest should not feel any of that impact. I promise we are improving in all operational aspects at the hotel to exceed our guests expectations from now on. I’m truly excited for the new direction our hotel will be heading under new management. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with a great experience. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company who address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation with an additional sweep of your room and surrounding rooms. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to prevent similar situations in the future. In regards to our welcome home reception this is offered Mon-Thurs. from 5-7pm. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had to stay here for about 2 weeks. The suites were in great condition and very comfortable. I loved the nightly manager's reception (a.k.a. supper). For a "continental dinner", it's pretty good food (plus free beer and/or wine, if you're into that).

This is a very long hotel, so getting a room in the back corner means you will be taking a huge hike to your room.

It's also conveniently located near the Interstate and multitudes of dining options. Dealing with the desk clerks was always great. I always felt like they were there just to serve my needs! If you've got to stay in town for a period of time, this is the place to be!

Room Tip: Try to get a room nearer to the front desk side of the building to avoid the long walks.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business