Although a little bit tough to navigate to from the freeway, we did find this hotel in a convenient location. We chose this property for our two day stay when we were in town for a sporting event. We tend to choose an extended stay property when possible when we travel as we like having a separate living and sleeping area as well as the full kitchen.
Upon checking in we were greeted by friendly staff and the process was smooth. I did ask if we were in a quiet location and was assured that our third floor room would not have noise issues as it was on the side away from the freeway, We needed to be up by 6 each morning to make our game times and the child in our group needed a good restful night. We found it to be true for the most part, except for the pool area below our window. On Friday night there was a lot of yelling and screaming from the pool area. We were approaching bedtime and reviewed the hotel rule sheet concerning pool hours. It stated that the pool closed at 10:00 each evening. Sure enough, promptly at 10 the noise ceased and the rest of the night was uneventful. The beds were comfortable and we rested well.
The breakfast buffet the next morning was delicious and there was a good overall selection from fresh fruit to hash browns and pancakes. The breakfast staff was pleasant and the seating plentiful. There was the option of using good plates and utensils, or take-out plates and plastic utensils. The juices were kept cold and the coffee hot.
We had a good but tiring day and arrived back at the hotel around 8:00 that evening. After consuming the Domino's pizza that we carried out from a location not far away, we settled in for another evening of relaxing. As the 9:00 hour approached the noise started again from the pool area, only louder this time. I gazed down out of our window on about a dozen or so people of varying ages enjoying the pool. It was all good as it was people just enjoying their stay. It did, however become bothersome when the 10:00 came and went, and we needed rest as we has another 6am morning. I can be patient, I assumed that the staff just got busy and would close it down soon. I waited... and waited. It was so loud it was if they were actually standing outside the window yelling. I finally just couldn't get to sleep from the constant noise level compounded by the occasional shrieks one person was letting out down there. I didn't want to be one of those nasty guests and call and scream at the staff, so I came up with a different idea. I phoned the front desk and casually asked them what time the pool would be closing. I heard a gasp and the reply was it would close at 10:30. I glanced at the clock and it was now 10:28. I had recalled from the evening before that I had looked up the hotel pool hours and it was really 10:00, but she apparently had forgotten to close it and decided to lie to me to cover up her error rather than just telling the truth. It did take another 20 minutes or so after that for it to close and the noise to subside.
The next morning was an early one and I decided to shower before the rest of the family woke. Two things I did not want to see in a bathroom came into view that morning. One was a long black hair attached to the ceiling above the shower area. The other was the exhaust vent in the bathroom was very caked with dirt and dust bunnies. GAG!
The rest of the family woke and we proceeded down to breakfast. The elevator opened to a sent my husband immediately liked... the smell of cooking bacon. The joy was short-lived as when he opened the cover to get some, he was disgusted to see it was quite overdone and just a shade away from bring totally burnt. He tried to pick up one piece that shattered into crunchy bits under the force of the serving tongs. So much for that idea.
Upon checking out that morning I was on too much of a hurry to review the issues with the front desk staff and chose to just tell them that they really need to make sure to perform a deep clean on that bathroom.
Pros: Nice property. I felt safe. Good breakfast (except the bacon) and plenty of seating for breakfast. Flat screen TV's in rooms. Comfortable beds. Well-lit parking near doors and elevators. Many pillows. Easy to connect to free wi-fi. Rubber duck for bath time. :)
Cons: Small living room area in room. Lacking in cooking dishes in kitchen area. Dust bunnies. Pool area noise. Burnt bacon. Rust in bathtub. Peeling wallpaper. Worn out furniture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find a spacious Phoenix home away from home in Arizona’s metropolis at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix – Metro Center. Just off I-17 and 15 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX) Airport, this all-suite North Phoenix hotel is situated centrally for travel to Flagstaff, Tucson and beyond. Whether you’re in town for a Phoenix business trip, a pilgrimage to the University of Phoenix Stadium for the NFL Cardinals or to simply catch some winter sun and shoot the fairways on innumerable local golf courses, Homewood Suites by Hilton® Phoenix – Metro Center is a slice of Arizona home on the road.We take care of the little things. Your full hot breakfast is included, seven days a week. Enjoy the included evening dinner and drinks *on Monday through Thursday, and stock your suite’s kitchen with favorites from our onsite 24-hour convenience store. Work smart in your suite, or poolside with included WiFi access, and relax in front of the upgraded cable package on the flat screen TV.Maintain your exercise routine with modern cardio equipment and free weights coupled with an outdoor pool. Shoot hoops with the kids on the hotel's basketball court. Enjoy racquetball, softball, soccer and tennis at Rose Mofford Sports Complex. Take the whole gang, and your four legged friends – there’s two dog parks there, and Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix – Metro Center is a fully pet-friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix-Metro Hotel Phoenix
- Homewood Suites Phoenix
- Homewood Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Phoenix Hilton
- Phoenix Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center Arizona