“For the cost this would probably be one of my choices in Phoenix in the future.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center
Ranked #69 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Arizona
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Although a little bit tough to navigate to from the freeway, we did find this hotel in a convenient location. We chose this property for our two day stay when we were in town for a sporting event. We tend to choose an extended stay property when possible when we travel as we like having a separate living and sleeping area as well as the full kitchen.

Upon checking in we were greeted by friendly staff and the process was smooth. I did ask if we were in a quiet location and was assured that our third floor room would not have noise issues as it was on the side away from the freeway, We needed to be up by 6 each morning to make our game times and the child in our group needed a good restful night. We found it to be true for the most part, except for the pool area below our window. On Friday night there was a lot of yelling and screaming from the pool area. We were approaching bedtime and reviewed the hotel rule sheet concerning pool hours. It stated that the pool closed at 10:00 each evening. Sure enough, promptly at 10 the noise ceased and the rest of the night was uneventful. The beds were comfortable and we rested well.

The breakfast buffet the next morning was delicious and there was a good overall selection from fresh fruit to hash browns and pancakes. The breakfast staff was pleasant and the seating plentiful. There was the option of using good plates and utensils, or take-out plates and plastic utensils. The juices were kept cold and the coffee hot.

We had a good but tiring day and arrived back at the hotel around 8:00 that evening. After consuming the Domino's pizza that we carried out from a location not far away, we settled in for another evening of relaxing. As the 9:00 hour approached the noise started again from the pool area, only louder this time. I gazed down out of our window on about a dozen or so people of varying ages enjoying the pool. It was all good as it was people just enjoying their stay. It did, however become bothersome when the 10:00 came and went, and we needed rest as we has another 6am morning. I can be patient, I assumed that the staff just got busy and would close it down soon. I waited... and waited. It was so loud it was if they were actually standing outside the window yelling. I finally just couldn't get to sleep from the constant noise level compounded by the occasional shrieks one person was letting out down there. I didn't want to be one of those nasty guests and call and scream at the staff, so I came up with a different idea. I phoned the front desk and casually asked them what time the pool would be closing. I heard a gasp and the reply was it would close at 10:30. I glanced at the clock and it was now 10:28. I had recalled from the evening before that I had looked up the hotel pool hours and it was really 10:00, but she apparently had forgotten to close it and decided to lie to me to cover up her error rather than just telling the truth. It did take another 20 minutes or so after that for it to close and the noise to subside.

The next morning was an early one and I decided to shower before the rest of the family woke. Two things I did not want to see in a bathroom came into view that morning. One was a long black hair attached to the ceiling above the shower area. The other was the exhaust vent in the bathroom was very caked with dirt and dust bunnies. GAG!

The rest of the family woke and we proceeded down to breakfast. The elevator opened to a sent my husband immediately liked... the smell of cooking bacon. The joy was short-lived as when he opened the cover to get some, he was disgusted to see it was quite overdone and just a shade away from bring totally burnt. He tried to pick up one piece that shattered into crunchy bits under the force of the serving tongs. So much for that idea.

Upon checking out that morning I was on too much of a hurry to review the issues with the front desk staff and chose to just tell them that they really need to make sure to perform a deep clean on that bathroom.

Pros: Nice property. I felt safe. Good breakfast (except the bacon) and plenty of seating for breakfast. Flat screen TV's in rooms. Comfortable beds. Well-lit parking near doors and elevators. Many pillows. Easy to connect to free wi-fi. Rubber duck for bath time. :)

Cons: Small living room area in room. Lacking in cooking dishes in kitchen area. Dust bunnies. Pool area noise. Burnt bacon. Rust in bathtub. Peeling wallpaper. Worn out furniture.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sea_cruise86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Homewood suites was very comfortable Hotel to stay at and would not give a second thought to stay here again

This is a hotel that I highly recommend to stay at if you are looking to stay at hotel that feels like a home away from home

I would like to thank all the staff for a comfortable and pleasant stay especially Jillian and Jordan, they were all wonderful and make the stay more pleasant

• Stayed May 2012
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate the concerns you brought to our attention. Our team will address these concerns immediately. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.
Bass Lake, IN
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The staff and hotel was everything that was promised. Can't wait to go back. Definetly would recomend, great location right off expressway. Friendly staff from housekeeping to general manager, everyone made you feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a survey. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon. Have a wonderful week.
Knox, Indiana
Reviewed 4 April 2013

spent two weeks during spring training, hotel was crowded, but staff handled it all in stride cheerful and helpful, general manager was especially helpful on several occasions, we are planning on staying there again in 2014. i wish every trip was as accomodating as this one was this place does it right.

Room Tip: all rooms are good noise level was low , we had first floor room close to housekeeping never heard t...
Northern CA
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed here for six nights during the height of Cactus League spring training. Expected a mob of people and was not disappointed, LOL. Hotel was packed every night with baseball fans and teams here for their own track and field or baseball tournaments. So, hard to say what this place is like normally, but I must say, for the amount of people, the staff handled everything very well. Like most large-chain hotels in the Phoenix area, this place is relatively new, very clean, and up to Hilton-suite standards. Breakfast was crowded and often the hot dishes were gone by the time we latecomers came down, but we just needed good coffee and some waffles or bagels and they were always available. Seems strange to me to have so much food available for breakfast and (on weekdays) dinner as well, when every suite has a kitchen, but Homewood Suites does it. We didn't try any of the dinners since we were always out at a ballgame or restaurant with friends, but the hotel has preprinted menus for the week so you can choose to eat in if something seems interesting.

The suites were roomy and clean, quiet except for the occasional group of teens running down the hall, perhaps warming up for some sporting event, LOL. We were a couple, but the suite could easily accomodate two more people. Comfortable bed and A/C worked find. However, we were on the side of the hotel facing Interstate 17, which might bother some folks sensitive to road noise. Other suites faced the busy pool area, but, again, a different season might mean a quieter atmosphere.

There are barbeques next to the pool, which was a bit small but clean. Only complaint was the loud clanging of the gates on the pool fencing, which got old after many people coming in and out of the pool area.

This hotel is located on the west side of Phoenix, next to Peoria and a minute from a major interstate, so it was very easy for us to get around the Phoenix area to various ballparks. Although in an commercial office area, there were plenty of restaurants and shops a short drive away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west face the freeway; rooms on the east face the pool/parking area.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The hotel could stand updating, but it will meet your expectations for a Homewood. When I brought an issue to the attention of the front desk it was promptly addressed. I'm a picky traveler and I would definitely stay here again when traveling with my young children.

Room Tip: Choose an odd numbered room (facing the couryard and not the expressway) on floors 1-4 (5 is the smo...
Naples
Reviewed 1 April 2013

TripAdvisor once again found us a good place! My husband and I met friends from Scotland who were staying in Scottsdale and took several road trips with them around Arizona and New Mexico returning in between to the Phoenix area. Although we could have stayed in Scottsdale, I found this Homewood Suites on TripAdvisor and wanted to get some HiltonHonors points without spending a lot of money. Having never stayed at Homewood Suites, we weren't sure what to expect. However, we found a wonderfully friendly, hardworking staff, a good breakfast and the surprise of a full meal during the evening reception (offered M-Th), as well as a clean, comfortable room/suite with a small kitchen, sitting area and comfortable bed. We were pleasantly surprised at this really nice hotel (we stayed there three times in March!) and we will definitely stay here again when in the Phoenix area. Based on this experience, I will check out other Homewood Suites for our future travels elsewhere!

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been recently renovated (the new A/C will be quieter).