“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #67 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Cypress, California
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was in town with my son and his two friends for a baseball travel showcase tournament being held at the Mariners and Padres Spring Training facilities and we really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was about 20 minutes from the stadium, close to restaurants and freeway close.

The hotel was clean, the rooms were roomy as usual, the breakfast was tasty (included with your room) and the front desk agents and housekeepers were great.

Two thumbs up for this hotel....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Samantha L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

We just wanted to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Phoenix Metro Center to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Homewood. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.
I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled!

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Samantha Lehrer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Denver, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you get a room on the top floor you will be inundated with cigarette smoke even if you get a non-smoking room. And this hotel is in serious need on a face lift. Breakfast is crappy. I went to the Springhill Suites down the road and had a much better experience for the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations. I noticed on the review you rated us less then favorable which is certainly a disappointment. I wanted to take the opportunity to address your concerns. You are correct that all of the smoking rooms are located on our top floor and although there are also non-smoking rooms on the same floor, you can smell smoke in the hallways. On your next visit we will be happy to place you on one of the 100% non-smoking floors and I am sorry if this had a negative impact on your stay. I do agree that the hotel is in need of a rennovation and am happy to let you know that the hotel will undergo a full rennovation starting in June 2014. We are so excited to be able to offer a brand new hotel to our guests this upcoming year!

I am sorry to see you were not happy with our breakfast as we pride ourselves on offering a good start to the day to our guests. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear from you at Samantha.Lehrer@hilton.com to get some more detail about your breakfast experience and any suggestions you have so we can remedy the situation.

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to having another opportunity to win back your commitment.

Lakeside, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I came down to Phoenix for the Nascar weekend. I arrived at 1pm on Friday. They let me check in and leave my computer and belongs in my room versus in my car at the track. The rooms were clean, breakfast was awesome, and great customer service. Would definitely stay again, and would tell a friend.....hey I just did!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Curtis S

Fresno, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Location was stay was great. Noise level zero great. Breakfast I enjoyed. Service from staff great, parking lot and security great, my room clean, problem with toilet came by twice to repair same problem arose not happy. tile and below sink cabinet door need some work, opened curtains one window had no screen, other window screen torn only half on frame, pigeons outside of window a lot of pigeon droppings closed curtains. Some other minor stuff like chips on entry statue and some water stains on replaceable ceiling sections. I may have notice due to owning properties personally may have gone unnoticed by someone else

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback as it will only help us to improve. Our hotel recently wen though a change of management and maintenance staff and our new team is working diligently on improvements!

Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very pleased with the stay overall. The bed was quite comfortable. The housekeeping service was great. We encountered several staff members and all were pleasant and professional. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Second stay at this particular Homewood Suites. Stayed one night for early start to Sedona. Suite is clean enough, but the air conditionning unit is quite noisy ( either constantly on or turn off, no in between), so had to turn it off in order to sleep...got really warm in the bedroom even with ceiling fan on at max. Make sure to bring or buy bottled water as the tap water in the area tates like dirt. Has everything you'd need for longer stay ( kitchen) and the free morning breakfast is always a plus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to address your review and let you know we will be checking on both the Air Conditioning unit in your room as well as the water to take any corrective action necessary. Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and we truly appreciate your time and feedback.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

When considering these types of hotels; the Homewood and similar from Hyatt, etc, one MUST consider the value of breakfast and dinner/reception that is included in the per night stay rate...regardless of if you are traveling with family of 4 or solo, the savings of not eating out for breakfast AND a great snack with an alcoholic beverage or two is money not leaving your pocket...therefore, it is important to know that the breakfast is not simply dry bread goods and boxed cereal (which Homewood is NOT...their bfast changes daily; eggs, meat (bacon or sausage or the like), full bread display, oatmeal) and their Happy Hour/reception not jalapeno poppers and canned beer (which Homewood is NOT...their's changes nightly with tap beers and wines!). A GREAT value that should be considered.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

P.S. - I can see you have stayed with us before and on a past review you had a rate challenge, Although I was not working at this property at the time, please do not hesitate to contact me going forward if any issues that arise!