“Phoenix business trip”

Ranked #66 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Des Moines, Iowa
“Phoenix business trip”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here this week for a business trip to PHX. There are many hotels in this area but chose this property due to being a HH member. The location is right off of I-17 so it is easy to get around PHX from this property.

Cons:
Empty beer cans/bottles on the hotel grounds and within the landscaping.
Several ripped screens/screens popping out of the windows from the exterior.
There was a smell in the hallways on the first day.
Noise from I-17 when sleeping - tip: stay on the east side of the property away from I-17.
For a Hilton property the breakfast offerings were below what I am accustomed to.

Pros:
The two room suites are awesome, equipped with full kitchen, sofa, chair, two TVs, really an open layout to the room.
The beds were very comfortable and clean.
Housekeeping was timely and did a good job.
The room and property all together were very clean.
Customer service was good. The staff is friendly, particularly Amber and Allie.
Complimentary daily happy hour (beer/wine) and even dinner as well!!
Location is easy to get where we needed to be during our stay - about a 15 min drive to Sky Harbor.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites Metro Center. I may look at other Hilton properties next time in the area (Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak and Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs), but I would not hesitate to return to this Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room on the east side, away from I-17 road noise. Free happy hour from 5-7 PM!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Samantha L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback. I noticed on the review you were pleased overall with our hotel and for that we are grateful. I did want to take the opportunity to address the items that did not contribute positively to your stay. We have recently changed management here at the property and many improvements are being made. We are wrking on repair of the window screens and have recently added hours cleaning staff to patrol the property to pickup debris. I would love to speak with you and get some more detail about your breakfast experience and see where we failed you in comparision to other Hiltons. I can be reached at Samantha.Lehrer@hilton.com and look forward to additional feedback in this area.

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Samantha Lehrer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Appleton, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great customer service! Great accomodations! Great Breakfast! Great stay! Feel like I'm home! Lovely stay...close to interstate...attentative staff.. clean and comfortable rooms! I'd stay here again...Homewood Suites are great at this location. Please give it a try..you'll be pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

We just wanted to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Phoenix Metro Center to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Homewood. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.
I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I thought this hotel was decent. I went through Priceline and got the hotel on a bid. I was excited because it was a Hilton brand and the regular price was $300 for my trip but I got it for $98. For $98, it was good. If I had paid $300, I would have been upset.

Furniture was outdated and those color schemes had me feeling a little queezy. The hallways weren't smelling too good. But that may be because of what folks were cooking in their rooms.

The food was pretty good. Bacon was burnt but it the ones that weren't burnt were delicious. The staff was super duper friendly, that was the part that made the trip nice. Very good people.

Hotel was close to everything I wanted to get to. But next time, I would hope for the Springhill or Residence Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles E
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback. I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel overall and for that we are grateful. I did want to address your concerns and let you know our hotel will undergo a full rennovation begining in June 2014 and we are so excited to have a brand new hotel to share with our guests. That being said, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to win back your commitment!

Cypress, California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was in town with my son and his two friends for a baseball travel showcase tournament being held at the Mariners and Padres Spring Training facilities and we really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was about 20 minutes from the stadium, close to restaurants and freeway close.

The hotel was clean, the rooms were roomy as usual, the breakfast was tasty (included with your room) and the front desk agents and housekeepers were great.

Two thumbs up for this hotel....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Denver, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you get a room on the top floor you will be inundated with cigarette smoke even if you get a non-smoking room. And this hotel is in serious need on a face lift. Breakfast is crappy. I went to the Springhill Suites down the road and had a much better experience for the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations. I noticed on the review you rated us less then favorable which is certainly a disappointment. I wanted to take the opportunity to address your concerns. You are correct that all of the smoking rooms are located on our top floor and although there are also non-smoking rooms on the same floor, you can smell smoke in the hallways. On your next visit we will be happy to place you on one of the 100% non-smoking floors and I am sorry if this had a negative impact on your stay. I do agree that the hotel is in need of a rennovation and am happy to let you know that the hotel will undergo a full rennovation starting in June 2014. We are so excited to be able to offer a brand new hotel to our guests this upcoming year!

I am sorry to see you were not happy with our breakfast as we pride ourselves on offering a good start to the day to our guests. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear from you at Samantha.Lehrer@hilton.com to get some more detail about your breakfast experience and any suggestions you have so we can remedy the situation.

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to having another opportunity to win back your commitment.

Lakeside, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I came down to Phoenix for the Nascar weekend. I arrived at 1pm on Friday. They let me check in and leave my computer and belongs in my room versus in my car at the track. The rooms were clean, breakfast was awesome, and great customer service. Would definitely stay again, and would tell a friend.....hey I just did!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Curtis S

Fresno, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Location was stay was great. Noise level zero great. Breakfast I enjoyed. Service from staff great, parking lot and security great, my room clean, problem with toilet came by twice to repair same problem arose not happy. tile and below sink cabinet door need some work, opened curtains one window had no screen, other window screen torn only half on frame, pigeons outside of window a lot of pigeon droppings closed curtains. Some other minor stuff like chips on entry statue and some water stains on replaceable ceiling sections. I may have notice due to owning properties personally may have gone unnoticed by someone else

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback as it will only help us to improve. Our hotel recently wen though a change of management and maintenance staff and our new team is working diligently on improvements!