“Friendly staff and many conveniences”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center
Ranked #65 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“Friendly staff and many conveniences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The staff there is really great; especially the front desk staff. There are many services and conveniences. The downside is that there is no shuttle service and no restaurants within close proximity. The pool is small but nice for a quick dip and the fitness center is always empty but not too bad.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Samantha L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

I wanted to let you know for your next visit that there are many restaurant nearby but there are actually 5 restaurants within walking distance by making a right out of our entrance. Those restaurants include, Sweet Tomatoes, Native New Yorker, Outback Steakhouse, Fajitas and First Watch. Our front desk will be happy to point you in the right direction on your next visit!

I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled!

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Samantha Lehrer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Great suite, nice, helpful staff. Loved our stay here!! We loved that it was a pet friendly hotel and it was so clean and nice. Easy to get to, right off the interstate. Would stay there again and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Samantha L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

We just wanted to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Phoenix Metro Center to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Homewood. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.

Moreno Valley, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Picked this place because it was a short ride from the stadium. Nice enough place but we took the streets to get there. Driving through the hood is not good. Nice enough place. Good breakfast and nice rooms. Furniture is pretty old. Give this place a B. Unless you have business in that area there are better places.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Michael D
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback. I noticed on the review you were pleased overall with our hotel and for that we are grateful. I did want to let you know that next time you are planning a trip our staff would be happy to get you come directions in and out of the stadium for a more convenient drive! Also, our hotel will undergo a full rennovation begining June 2014 and we are so excited that we will have a brand new hotel to share with our guests.

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to having another opportunity to win back your commitment.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here this week for a business trip to PHX. There are many hotels in this area but chose this property due to being a HH member. The location is right off of I-17 so it is easy to get around PHX from this property.

Cons:
Empty beer cans/bottles on the hotel grounds and within the landscaping.
Several ripped screens/screens popping out of the windows from the exterior.
There was a smell in the hallways on the first day.
Noise from I-17 when sleeping - tip: stay on the east side of the property away from I-17.
For a Hilton property the breakfast offerings were below what I am accustomed to.

Pros:
The two room suites are awesome, equipped with full kitchen, sofa, chair, two TVs, really an open layout to the room.
The beds were very comfortable and clean.
Housekeeping was timely and did a good job.
The room and property all together were very clean.
Customer service was good. The staff is friendly, particularly Amber and Allie.
Complimentary daily happy hour (beer/wine) and even dinner as well!!
Location is easy to get where we needed to be during our stay - about a 15 min drive to Sky Harbor.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites Metro Center. I may look at other Hilton properties next time in the area (Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak and Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs), but I would not hesitate to return to this Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room on the east side, away from I-17 road noise. Free happy hour from 5-7 PM!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback. I noticed on the review you were pleased overall with our hotel and for that we are grateful. I did want to take the opportunity to address the items that did not contribute positively to your stay. We have recently changed management here at the property and many improvements are being made. We are wrking on repair of the window screens and have recently added hours cleaning staff to patrol the property to pickup debris. I would love to speak with you and get some more detail about your breakfast experience and see where we failed you in comparision to other Hiltons. I can be reached at Samantha.Lehrer@hilton.com and look forward to additional feedback in this area.

Appleton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great customer service! Great accomodations! Great Breakfast! Great stay! Feel like I'm home! Lovely stay...close to interstate...attentative staff.. clean and comfortable rooms! I'd stay here again...Homewood Suites are great at this location. Please give it a try..you'll be pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I thought this hotel was decent. I went through Priceline and got the hotel on a bid. I was excited because it was a Hilton brand and the regular price was $300 for my trip but I got it for $98. For $98, it was good. If I had paid $300, I would have been upset.

Furniture was outdated and those color schemes had me feeling a little queezy. The hallways weren't smelling too good. But that may be because of what folks were cooking in their rooms.

The food was pretty good. Bacon was burnt but it the ones that weren't burnt were delicious. The staff was super duper friendly, that was the part that made the trip nice. Very good people.

Hotel was close to everything I wanted to get to. But next time, I would hope for the Springhill or Residence Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles E
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us and we do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your feedback. I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel overall and for that we are grateful. I did want to address your concerns and let you know our hotel will undergo a full rennovation begining in June 2014 and we are so excited to have a brand new hotel to share with our guests. That being said, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to win back your commitment!

Cypress, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was in town with my son and his two friends for a baseball travel showcase tournament being held at the Mariners and Padres Spring Training facilities and we really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was about 20 minutes from the stadium, close to restaurants and freeway close.

The hotel was clean, the rooms were roomy as usual, the breakfast was tasty (included with your room) and the front desk agents and housekeepers were great.

Two thumbs up for this hotel....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family