“Nice hotel”

Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport
Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The last time I came to Phoenix I said next time I will stay at Crowne Plaza and I am so glad I did. It was really plush. I was on the 8th floor and had the perfect view. When I first got there the airlines lost my luggage so laying around most of the day in bed felt great!!! The only thing that I will say is that every time I called room service they did not answer so I had to go down to the bar area and order my food & drinks but was able to take them to my room...saved me $3.00 service charge & 20% gratuity other than that all was great!!! They had a walking trail that I did hit in the mornings instead of the gym. Will stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We are so glad to have you stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We also thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay. We are sorry to hear about the challenges experienced with your luggage and the airlines; however, pleased that our comfortable rooms were just what you needed to relax.

We extend a sincere apology about the inconveniences experienced with room service and are determining why the phone was never answered.

The walking trails are great! Glad you were able to take advantage of them during the beautiful morning hours.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
JAPAN
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This property is back in the IHG family after straying for a couple of years. Now Rewards Club members again have a hotel to stay before an early morning flight. They did a nice remodel and redesign of the rooms. Bed was comfortable, room had a great size, bathroom o.k. as well. It is noticeable, though, that they worked with an aging property, there is only so much you can do to refresh it. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. However, despite the new double insulated windows, outside noise was very noticeable, probably because of the wall air conditioner. Unfortunately it's not a special hotel as many expect from a Crowne Plaza, especially for us who travel International and enjoy the global locations. But if you have an early flight, the hotel does the job and the complimentary shuttle was on time.

Room Tip: With the Phoenix heat try to get an east facing room, will feel cooler in the afternoon.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We are excited to be back within the IHG family and be able to showcase the recent renovations, to the many IHG Rewards members, who stay with us.

We thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been looking for an airport hotel that we enjoyed enough to return to during our overnight stays while traveling through Phoenix. Finally found one. This looks like an older hotel from the outside, but the rooms have been refurbished and are comfortable and nicely appointed. The bed was real comfortable. The staff was all friendly and helpful. Nice little bar in the lobby. There is a Light Rail stop directly in front of the hotel so it makes it very convenient to get to the bars and restaurants in Tempe which is about a 10 minute ride. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth432
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Kenneth M,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We are so glad you found us! We look forward to being that home away from home for you when you are in the Phoenix area!

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night as we needed to be close to the airport for a 5:00 a.m. flight out of PHX. Here are thoughts...

1. The renovations look great.
2. The lobby is clean, bright, and has ample seating.
3. The airport arrival/departure screen just before you enter the lobby is a nice touch.
4. Check-in was perfect as we were acknowledged as IHG Platinum upon arrival and our room was ready.
5. The elevators were quick.
6. The "but" was the room. We were supposedly upgraded to a nicer room on the 10th floor. Our room was nice and clean. It was simple. There was nothing spectacular about this room that I wouldn't find in a nice Holiday Inn upgraded room. When you compare this room to the upgraded rooms I regularly receive at other CP's around the world, in particular China, this room was average at best. We have had much nicer upgraded rooms at Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express with larger suite rooms and larger bathrooms.
7. Employees were nice and friendly.
8. Breakfast was not included with the room and this was most disappointing as IHG Platinum guest. I can name a dozen Crowne Plaza's where breakfast has been included with the room. So there is a definite inconstancy in the breakfast policy.
9. The shuttle bus is clean and the driver very professional. Beware and allow longer time to get to Terminal 2 as it took much longer with drop-offs at other terminals first. United flies out of Terminal 2.
10. Parking was free and with the parking garage there were plenty of spaces.

In the final analysis, we would stay here again as the hotel is very clean! However, as much as I travel and always try to stay in IHG properties, this one simply does not measure up to "same name" properties. This is why the "average" rating.

Room Tip: Be an IHG gold or higher member to receive a room on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank im4duke
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We value all feedback and enjoy hearing from our guests.

We thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Platinum guest and value your patronage. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the service levels provided by the staff members. We do apologize our rooms did not meet your expectations in comparison to those within the Greater China region.

As always, we thank you for your review and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

For those who regularly read my reviews, I am picky about where I stay & what I eat. Yes, you could say I am spoiled. Yet I don't mind spending for good quality food or accommodations. It is true in this industry, you get what you pay for, hopefully. Our daughter's (UM) flight was cancelled recently and we had traveled to the Phoenix airport for "nothing". Not being able to leave Phoenix and return the next day - for several reasons - Southwest Airlines went out of their way to assist us. They put us up in this remarkable hotel. We had a king room with all of the amenities you could think of. The blown glass light fixtures in the lobby are a remarkable work of art. The room was quiet and ever so comfortable. The linens and pool towels soft & fluffy. The room was super clean and had several USB ports to plug-in to. We decided to eat at their in-house restaurant which was updated and hosted a menu that was up-to-date and combined a California healthy flair with southern Arizona charisma. They even had little sleep enhancers on the pillows! Guest services at both the hotel counter and restaurant were superior with time for meal preparation being the worst of our stay, along with the fact that the food was NOT seasoned - no salt or pepper to enhance the natural flavors of the food. I highly recommend their salads. The pool was clean & inviting. Enjoy your stay, business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CookerOfFaith40
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We do value all feedback and look forward to hearing from our guests.

We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy many amenities that the hotel features - including the enhancements within the newly renovated guestrooms. I, too, love the blown glass chandelier that is featured in the lobby.

I have shared your feedback regarding the seasoning of the food with our kitchen chef.

Next time you are in Phoenix, we do hope you will stay with us again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza since it very centrally located to all the cities in the valley. The hotel in well appointed and updated. The room was a bit small, however it was functional and it had flat screen TV's, refrigerators, and comfortable beds. The hotel staff was very friendly and always helpful and we definitely took advantage of all the amenities the hotel had to offer as it has a bar, restaurant, gym, and of course a pool. They even opened the pool past hours for us as we were a late arrival and it was very nice to take a dip after a very long day of travel.

Overall our stay was awesome and we enjoyed our stay, only a few complaints are that the TV had No HD channels which were a bummer but no big deal as we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. Also the hotel has only valet parking there is no self parking which even though the valets were always fast and friendly, it was a bit inconvenient to have to go through a third party to get your car.

Also on Sunday the restaurant only serves breakfast until 11 am, and when we went there at 10:55 am we were told they were only serving lunch and no breakfast item would be served! Maybe adding a Brunch on Sunday would make it more appealing as not everyone gets up really early on Sundays.

Overall we were very pleasantly surprised and will definitely stay here again in our next visit to PHX.

Room Tip: Get a room on the pool side as the other side is next to a very busy Park and Ride that can be very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We value all feedback and enjoying hearing from our guests.

I do apologize for the inconveniences of not being able to have breakfast after 11am. I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director and the hours of breakfast are under review.

We look forward to having you return and stay with us again.
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business - with some concern at what I might find given the warning on the website about the renovation work underway.

I need not have been concerned.

I don't know about the other rooms but mine had clearly been refurbished recently. It was clean, comfortable and very well presented.

The same went for the common areas - very subtlety and comfortably finished in a style appropriate for both business and leisure travellers alike.

Best of all though were the staff. From the person driving the airport shuttle, to reception to the restaurant staff at breakfast, they were welcoming, polite and genuinely keen to do a good job - which they did! What's more, they seemed to take a real pride in the hotel and wanting to present it well too.

So, my concerns were unfounded. Excellent!

• Stayed July 2014
First and foremost, we thank you for your time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We enjoy hearing from our guests.

Secondly, we are pleased to hear that your concerns were unfounded. We do strive to provide an excellent experience for each of our guests. Your comments regarding the staff have been shared and we thank you for recognizing their efforts. They truly take pride in their jobs and providing outstanding customer service.

Next time you are in the Phoenix area, we do look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you again.