“Super Bargain”

Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson
“Super Bargain”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I only needed a room for the night since I was seeing a show at the Crescent Ballroom. Read the positive reviews on this place and they were spot on. Very clean. And only 2 blocks away from my destination. You cannot beat the price of this place if you are visiting downtown Phoenix and will only be in your room to sleep and shower.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2013

When we got tickets to a Diamondback baseball game, we selected the Budget Lodge Downtown Phoenix because it is affordable, comfortable, clean, and convenient. It is within walking distance of Chase Stadium and our favorite dinner restaurant--The District. We also walked to Corner Bakery Cafe for breakfast one morning and drove to Matt's Big Breakfast another morning. We felt safe at this location.

Room Tip: We chose the second floor. There is no elevator, but we like to take the stairs for a cardio workout...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I found the budget lodge online and thought there had to be a catch, the price was just too good. I decided to book anyway and save a few dollars during my couple of days in Phoenix, I have stayed in budget motels before and understand that "you get what you pay for" so I had no expectations.

The budget lodge, however, far exceeded all expectations. It was spotless clean, everything worked, the air conditioning was good, there was a microwave and even a fridge (something I have noticed to be missing from much higher priced hotels throughout the U.S.A), the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked.

The owners will go out of their way to provide an excellent service, my flight from Anchorage was delayed and overbooked, so I arrived on a red-eye to find that they had been waiting up all night for me to arrive. If you are a non-smoker you will also be re-assured to know that the owners have taken measures to ensure the environment remains smoke-free, I was required to fill in and sign a document acknowledging that a hefty fine will be imposed for smoking in the room.

The lodge is located just a few blocks from the main light rail station and 10-15 minutes walk to everything downtown Phoenix.

Yes, the furnishings are basic and the view out the window is a parking lot (keep in mind the price you are paying for the room), but unlike many other similarly priced motels this one is clean, everything works, the owners are good people and it is in a central location.

I am now on the other side of the country staying in a supposedly more "up-market" hotel and paying triple the price for not even half the quality and level of service that the budget lodge provided.

Overall the budget lodge is one of the best value for money places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
yuma
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place was Clean,quiet, and 3 minutes from the event I went to. In the near future I will be staying at this hotel again and I know that I will get the same service I received the first time. I recommend to book it online then to just show up and get your room. Another thing is that its in the middle of a lot of businesses. That means you don't have to drive very far to get food or anything else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stopped in Phoenix for a 3 day stay and selected the Budget Lodge. It was an excellent choice. Mr Patel was very pleasant and helpful and the hotel was in a great location for getting to downtown. The room was very good and the hotel was very quiet. I will stay there any time I visit Phoenix.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived for a 2 night prebooked stay. Our check in went great and the staff was very friendly. We got to our room and we were pleasantly surprised at the level of cleanliness! It was spotless! We had a fridge, a microwave and a balcony! The balcony is over an alley but what can you expect for $50 a night? The price and the location can't be beat! We're walking distance to everything in downtown Phoenix. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013
Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 3 September 2013

On a Road Trip trough the Sout-West USA we stay at the Budget Lodge Downton Phoenix. A warm Welcome from Mr. Patel and everything ist perfect. A nice clean "cold" Room after 6 hours at the Highway. A oasis of tranquility. Coffee, Juice, Muffins during Breakfast Time in the Lobby. Excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family