“You get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix

Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #70 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Charleston, South Carolina
“You get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Although a very basic stay, that's all I needed. I didn't need valet service, room service, a nice bar to meet random strangers- I just needed a SAFE place to rest my head for a night in Phoenix. Being a single female traveling alone, I felt extremely comfortable and safe during my stay. Although the breakfast was very minimal, it was enough to get me going. The staff was friendly and conducted business in a professional manner. I highly suggest staying here if you don't need the glitz and glamour. I'll be staying here again if I ever find myself in Phoenix overnight.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Shelly W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Etten-Leur, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived late after a long flight and left early. Basic motel. Clean. Comfy beds. Friendly staff.
A good choice if all you need is a cheap place to stay close to downtown Phoenix with free parking.
A small breakfast and free coffee are provided in the morning.
No complaints.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank astrids77
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights in March 2014 and if I found myself in the need for a hotel in downtown Phoenix I'd stay again. Bear in mind though that the Fire Station is directly across the street and although we saw / heard nothing in our four nights the potential for a bad nights sleep does exist.

Owners live on site and you can tell the take pride in the property but a little disconnected when it comes to customer service. Not outright rude but very matter of fact and reserved. As another review said - a smile goes a long way. We did ask to not be disturbed during our stay and the honored the request without hesitation.

That said - GREAT price, big VERY clean room with mini refrigerator and microwave and a large walk in closet. The bathrooms are small but the shower pressure was huge!

Website accurate and the online booking process was simple and straight forward.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlwaysInMotion
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am confused about some of the high reviews here and question their authenticity. This place is completely "acceptable" and "affordable"... but not much else beyond that. It was basically a creepy little ghetto motel. Unfriendly vibe. Old everything. Sad little "breakfast" on a ledge. No elevator. Broken toilet. No real shower head. Just.... old and weird. I would stay here again on my own... but I would not bring a significant other or a family member here... it's depressing and not worth it. 3 stars at the absolute max.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank variousdinosaurs
GER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed there two times during a roundtrip through the Southwestern States; right at the beginning and before the end. The reason for choosing this hotel was pretty much the price and the close-to-downtown location.

We paid $88,69 per night (tax included) and were VERY satisfied. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are nice, well-equipped and spacious. Forget about the "breakfast", this is just an occasion to grab a coffee and a small snack, but the rest is really a bargain. Free parking, walking distance to downtown (e. g. 15-20 minutes to US Airways Center), very quick access to the interstate - really nice. Everything seems to be in perfect shape, although there was some work going on in the hallways when we were there. A little hint to the owner: Some paintings or pictures in the hallways and stairways would make the place even nicer... ;-)

I would definitely stay there again if I would visit Phoenix. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 2nd floor with heading east have a very nice view of the Phoenix skyline and sort o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CannibalsFan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

First of all, they charge 80 bucks a night which may seem cheap however when you take the condition of the room and hospitality into consideration the most it should cost is 40 dollars. The beds are so uncomfortable that when you awaken you feel sore all over your body. Next, the owner of this hotel is rude and unfriendly and downright unpleasant in every way. Although there were only 3 people staying in my room which I paid for, because 2 friends stopped into my room during the day to meet up before leaving for downtown the owner decided this was reason to charge me for 2 extra people staying in the room even though they were not. Upon explaining this to the owner the owner raised his voice at me and basically told me to leave the premises of the hotel and said expect to be charged don't stay here again. Upon checking out, he made me walk up to the room with him to inspect and had an attitude with me despite the fact that we left the room in almost the exact same conditions we found it. All in all, the price of the hotel is not worth dealing with this man especially considering the room was mediocre at best and highly uncomfortable. Do not stay here. You have been warned.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Gideon R
PEORIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Last night I attended an IL DIVO concert at the Comerica Theatre. I don't like driving at night and I live in Peoria so I booked a room at the Budget Lodge Phx. It turned out to be one of the smartest things I've done. The Lodge is minutes from the Theatre so I left my car and walked. I found my room to be very clean and functional. I would have liked to have a small shelf in the bathroom for toiletries, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Dan, the manager, was friendly and helpful. Being a single woman I was impressed with the security - no outside stairs to upper floors - everyone goes through the lobby, and the Lodge is locked at night so I had to put in a security code when I returned late. I would definitely stay there again should the occasion arise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo