“DO NOT STAY HERE”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Budget Suites of America
Ranked #159 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

If you have children don't stay here! This place is a jail. Children have no where to play they can make no noise what so ever and the management is horriable. I have seen people who work here take their animals out to the bathroom and not clean up. Our room smells so bad from the carpets. The couch is horriable and broken down. And to pay as much as we do is a horriable thing. Some people do not have a choice but to come to a place like this but no matter why you do you should never be treated like you are a prisoner!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tryingtobehappy23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I moved into Budget Suites at the beginning of December 2009. I planned on staying awhile so I rented the 1 bedroom/livingroom/kitchen on ground level. When I moved in the room came with internet, TV & microwave. When leaving in June 2010 I was paying for the internet,TV,&microwave on top of the weekly rent.
I had 2 loads of brand new rugs taken from the laundry, 1 load of towels, and 1 load of my good clothes taken.
I work on the internet selling things for ebay and Bonanzle but had 3 days of internet not working so I couldnt get online to work, In those 3 days I lost money because I couldnt get online and fell behind on my rent.
They treated me as if I was there for the weekend and check out time is 11am.
On the last day that i was there I went to get the money for the rent and was getting ready to go to office and someone who I had never seen before POUNDED ON MY DOOR, DEMANDING WHEN I WAS COMING TO OFFICE. Right then i deceided that i wanted out. I was not going to be disrespected.
The office people have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND DO NOT APPRECIATE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE.
I repeatedly was disrespected, and charged different rates of weekly rent all the time.
NO I would not recommend this place if you plan on being somewhere for a long stay.
AND I WILL NOT RECCOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE WHO I KNOW.
All the girls in the office including the woman they just brought in for a manager all need customer service skills, and learn how to treat people.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank debbie_catanzaro

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Utah
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I stayed at Budget Suites for two months and I was very pleased! The rooms were clean and if there were any issues with the accommodations, the management addressed them right away. The pool is wonderful and grounds are beautiful. I did notice that some of the interior doors were marred, but that is the most negative thing I can say. The hotel provides a nightly security patrol and I felt very safe. The location could not be any more ideal! There is a "Fresh and Easy" market right next door and the bus stop is right outside. If you don't mind walking a couple of short blocks, the Metro is right down the street. The staff is very helpful and friendly. If I ever go back to Phoenix, that is where I plan to stay!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank iluvphoenix
Pune, India
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I stayed at budget suites of America for a week. The hotel is close to some IT companies which was one of the reason apart from price for choosing this hotel.

I booked this hotel by calling and confirming the booking. Key was given to me when I arrived and an attendant joined me to show show room and explain facilities.

I was offered a choice for floor as multiple rooms were available.

For me in the room kitchen was also provided where I can cook some food for myself. Kitchen had a 4 burner electric stove, Heater, fridge, microwave oven. Kitchen vessels were not there but I was fortunate that I had some with me.

Room had a writing table, dining table, king sized bed and appropriate lighning. Room also had a TV with approximately 70 cable channes. Air conditioning was maintained by AC and heater which I used to adjus tas per climate conditions.

Surroundings were pretty silent with out much noise.

There's free internet access at reception. Four computers are kept so that you can access internet. If ypu have personal computer / laptop you can get wireless internet for free over here and speed was pretty good.

Hotel is close to some shopping malls e.g. target, 7/11 and AMC theater, John C Lincolin hospital and some other shops like AT&T, Radio Shack etc.

I didn't liked two things about the hotel.

1. Hotel charges ... although its cheap but they tell you different rate on phone which is basic rate and when you arrive they charge you extra for small small things seperately like bed linen, microwave oven etc. So my advice is check everything and get it clarified for this oven phone for your needs and exact room rate with these facilities.

2. Some what problem with room lightning. Although it was good but not so much impressive. There a chance they could have improved over here.

Overall the staff was friendly and co-operative. Surrounding are free of noise and they are fairly safe as well.

I had pleasant stay with budget price at budget suite.

• Liked — My Room and co-operation from front desk
  • Disliked — Room lightning
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank rahul_dreams
phoenix
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Roach infested. Police on property constantly. Car thefts & felony warrants served daily. Drug abusers wander the property both day and night as do prostitutes. Management is unfair, combative, disrespectful and causes problems between guests, regularly harass families with children. The confidentiality of guests private business is discussed openly in earshot of both other tenants, office staff, as well as openly to other tenants. Homeless wander the property openly - often stealing clothes from the laundry. If you value your hard earned dollar, want to be treated respectfully and with dignity and require safety with your child's wellbeing, this place is NOT IT! BEWARE ! there are other properties at the same price DO YOUR RESEARCH. Request a report from the city of Phoenix, I did. They refer to the place as "felony suites".

If youre a clean, decent person who values your family - DONT GO TO BUDGET SUITES ON INDIAN SCHOOL.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank mylittlesecret23
Sarasota, Fl
Reviewed 13 December 2006

My own experience! My toliet over flowed at 11:00 pm, front desk stated she did not cause the problem had me fix it. I had to check out the plunnger with my ID. NO Maintance for the problem!!!! I had drug dealers in front of every room I turned. Kids screaming outside my room during the weekend days and early morning. When I nedded security to walk me to my room after I needed a plunger he just sat in the main office hanging out drinking coffee. If you have any class don't consider unless you are in dire straights!

• Disliked — THE EVENING STAFF
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY AWAY
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank kjpflorida
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2006

This place actually could be very nice. It's got a great room layout, the pool is very nice and the location is wonderful.
During the daytime there would be kids running around the place without parents and people fixing their cars in the parking lots. In the night time is when it became very obvious it was not a good location to be.
I stayed in this place for a week and 3 of the 7 nights there were police helicopters shining their lights into the complex.
I dont know if anything was actually going on, I'm just reporting that it made me feel a bit uneasy that the police seemed to feel the need to monitor this property in this sort of manner.

Stayed November 2005