“Going cheap is not always a good thing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Budget Suites of America
Ranked #159 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I am currently staying at the budget suite and this place sucks, the furniture is old and worn out the bed is as hard as a rock the carpet is in bad shape I need to move the cable back and forth to get good reception on the TV. It appears to me that this place is made up of mostly section 8 people. You might ask why don't you check out and move to another hotel well I paid for a month and they will not return your money if you leave. "NO REFUNDS"

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank 60wildbill
There are newer reviews for Budget Suites of America

Reviewed 11 July 2011

i stayed at the budget suites on yorshire for 3 months recently. i would recommend getting a second or third floor apartment if you can. seems the street level ones are easier to break into. i am a single guy and found that after the initial shock of being in a place that seemed to house low income/ jailbird/ drug types it wasn't too bad. it was cheap and the folks running the place seemed to be nice and heplful. just mind your business and don't get involved with the weirdo's and you should be fine. they do charge for internet and upgraded microwaves though...and bring your own linens and pots and pans.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank dangnabbit
Reviewed 22 April 2011

If you have children don't stay here! This place is a jail. Children have no where to play they can make no noise what so ever and the management is horriable. I have seen people who work here take their animals out to the bathroom and not clean up. Our room smells so bad from the carpets. The couch is horriable and broken down. And to pay as much as we do is a horriable thing. Some people do not have a choice but to come to a place like this but no matter why you do you should never be treated like you are a prisoner!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tryingtobehappy23
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I moved into Budget Suites at the beginning of December 2009. I planned on staying awhile so I rented the 1 bedroom/livingroom/kitchen on ground level. When I moved in the room came with internet, TV & microwave. When leaving in June 2010 I was paying for the internet,TV,&microwave on top of the weekly rent.
I had 2 loads of brand new rugs taken from the laundry, 1 load of towels, and 1 load of my good clothes taken.
I work on the internet selling things for ebay and Bonanzle but had 3 days of internet not working so I couldnt get online to work, In those 3 days I lost money because I couldnt get online and fell behind on my rent.
They treated me as if I was there for the weekend and check out time is 11am.
On the last day that i was there I went to get the money for the rent and was getting ready to go to office and someone who I had never seen before POUNDED ON MY DOOR, DEMANDING WHEN I WAS COMING TO OFFICE. Right then i deceided that i wanted out. I was not going to be disrespected.
The office people have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND DO NOT APPRECIATE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE.
I repeatedly was disrespected, and charged different rates of weekly rent all the time.
NO I would not recommend this place if you plan on being somewhere for a long stay.
AND I WILL NOT RECCOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE WHO I KNOW.
All the girls in the office including the woman they just brought in for a manager all need customer service skills, and learn how to treat people.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
9  Thank debbie_catanzaro
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I stayed at Budget Suites for two months and I was very pleased! The rooms were clean and if there were any issues with the accommodations, the management addressed them right away. The pool is wonderful and grounds are beautiful. I did notice that some of the interior doors were marred, but that is the most negative thing I can say. The hotel provides a nightly security patrol and I felt very safe. The location could not be any more ideal! There is a "Fresh and Easy" market right next door and the bus stop is right outside. If you don't mind walking a couple of short blocks, the Metro is right down the street. The staff is very helpful and friendly. If I ever go back to Phoenix, that is where I plan to stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank iluvphoenix
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I stayed at budget suites of America for a week. The hotel is close to some IT companies which was one of the reason apart from price for choosing this hotel.

I booked this hotel by calling and confirming the booking. Key was given to me when I arrived and an attendant joined me to show show room and explain facilities.

I was offered a choice for floor as multiple rooms were available.

For me in the room kitchen was also provided where I can cook some food for myself. Kitchen had a 4 burner electric stove, Heater, fridge, microwave oven. Kitchen vessels were not there but I was fortunate that I had some with me.

Room had a writing table, dining table, king sized bed and appropriate lighning. Room also had a TV with approximately 70 cable channes. Air conditioning was maintained by AC and heater which I used to adjus tas per climate conditions.

Surroundings were pretty silent with out much noise.

There's free internet access at reception. Four computers are kept so that you can access internet. If ypu have personal computer / laptop you can get wireless internet for free over here and speed was pretty good.

Hotel is close to some shopping malls e.g. target, 7/11 and AMC theater, John C Lincolin hospital and some other shops like AT&T, Radio Shack etc.

I didn't liked two things about the hotel.

1. Hotel charges ... although its cheap but they tell you different rate on phone which is basic rate and when you arrive they charge you extra for small small things seperately like bed linen, microwave oven etc. So my advice is check everything and get it clarified for this oven phone for your needs and exact room rate with these facilities.

2. Some what problem with room lightning. Although it was good but not so much impressive. There a chance they could have improved over here.

Overall the staff was friendly and co-operative. Surrounding are free of noise and they are fairly safe as well.

I had pleasant stay with budget price at budget suite.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank rahul_dreams
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Roach infested. Police on property constantly. Car thefts & felony warrants served daily. Drug abusers wander the property both day and night as do prostitutes. Management is unfair, combative, disrespectful and causes problems between guests, regularly harass families with children. The confidentiality of guests private business is discussed openly in earshot of both other tenants, office staff, as well as openly to other tenants. Homeless wander the property openly - often stealing clothes from the laundry. If you value your hard earned dollar, want to be treated respectfully and with dignity and require safety with your child's wellbeing, this place is NOT IT! BEWARE ! there are other properties at the same price DO YOUR RESEARCH. Request a report from the city of Phoenix, I did. They refer to the place as "felony suites".

If youre a clean, decent person who values your family - DONT GO TO BUDGET SUITES ON INDIAN SCHOOL.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family