“Welcome to the crack head suites.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Budget Suites of America
Ranked #157 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Welcome to the crack head suites.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Hello, me,my wife and 1 year old daughter were staying here for 3 weeks in those three weeks very very very terrible I mean pure hell!!! Let me begin with the price it's 190 a week that includes nothing else. If you want wifi 5 bucks a week if you want a tv 10 dollars a week if you want a microwave that's 10 more dollars a week. The room was terrible holes in all the doors and walls. No sheets for bedding are issued here so if you need to bring your own, they do not provide towels or a shower curtain either. Our toilet was clogged and would not flush, I called the desk and the exact response was oh well fix it!!! I responded with I need a new room than my toilet is broken management started yelling at me an my family and stated their would be a 60 dollar room move fee. I went and purchased a plunger and other plumbing supplies to fix the toilet. Drug deals are very common in the budget suites in plain daylight, at night this place is a zoo!! Every tweeker is outside dealing and using drugs. When I was putting my child in the car a dealer asked if was interested in buying meth! The location of this place is okay since the theater and stores are right next door. The pool is a strange cloudy green I've never seen before?!?!? The laundry room has no AC and homeless people sleep in there and do there laundry too. Our last day in this hell hole we were called by management about 10 times before 6am requesting rent even though we told them we were leaving, once we told them we were not staying they changed our door locks at 11 making sure we wouldn't stay. If you like drugs, fights, and trashy people the crack head suites is for you.

• Stayed June 2013
11 Thank Daniel1221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The staff management needs better training or be replace!
The building is old and in need of repairs.
There are drug dealers and rude people harassing others which is unacceptable.
The room's walls, doors, sinks, vindows verticals and carpet are dirty.
Cable TV don't work well.
Elevators are out of service for days!
Trash is found all around the property!
Very dirty place for the price!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank meyer_meyer1

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

- I was planning on staying at this Budget Suite on 7th ave and Indian School in Phoenix, AZ for at least one year, but I had to leave within 2 months.
- They add late charges to your rent if pay after your due time at 11:00 AM. The late charges are $20 or more per day.
- On a Daily or weekly plan, you will have 1 day after your rent is due to pay rent or they will lock you out, no exceptions.
- On a Monthly plan, you will have 2 days after your rent is due to pay rent or they will lock you out, no exceptions.
- If they lock you out, you will need to pay all the rent that is due, plus late charges to open your room. If you don't pay they will remove your stuff and put it in storage at your expense. You will have 30 days to recover your stuff from storage by paying all the rent, late fees, and storage fees.
- I was on a monthly plan, which have 2 days before lockout, but the manager changed my lockout from 2 days to 1 day, because I was late before but I paid my rent plus the late fees.
- When your rent is due, they will call you at 11:00 AM, and keep calling you the rest of the day, and the following days leaving annoying messages to pay your rent. They even called me twice at 11:30 pm in the evening, and I still had one more day to pay my rent.
- I had to hangup twice on the staff, when they were calling me about the rent.
- The Staff is rude, unhelpful, disrespectful, and looking to cause problems and not solve the problems.
- The manager Lilly is bossy, rude, disrespectful, annoying looking to cause problems, called me at 11:30 pm in the evening over the rent.
- While I was moving out my stuff, the manager Lilly tried to lock me out, even she knew I was moving out, and I had until midnight to vacate, but she brought the security guard at 4:00 pm to lock me out and cause a big problem, where they put my stuff in storage, and I have to pay all the extra fees to recover my stuff. I was able to talk them into giving me 2 hours to move out or they lock me out. I vacated before the 2 hours was up.
- If you like all the above, feel free to rent at Budget Suites on Indian School in Phoenix, AZ.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
11 Thank Anonymous175
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 December 2012

You've heard the saying, "You get what you pay for.". . . well, this is it folks! Very, very BAD place if you come with kids. Drug transactions go on 24/7 and right in the face of management and staff. Room theft, car theft, theft, theft, theft! The room they initially assigned us was HORRIBLE. As was the second and third! The following applies to ALL THREE ROOMS we viewed. The smell as you walk in from outdoors is enough to knock you over – a combo of death and trash. The carpet is FILTHY and to try and cover it up, they throw "decorator" rugs on top. We lifted those rugs only to find roaches, dried dog poop and filth galore under them. The color difference from beneath where the throw rug began and ended with the carpeting was like a black and white difference! Yes, it is THAT dirty! . . .err, make that it is that FILTHY. We lifted the cushions on the sofas to find the springs exposed because somebody had torn off the fabric that covers them! And the sofas are also filthy. Remove the cushions and you can see the obvious difference from where they were and the little area they covered and how that area looked brand new! And the guy they have for "security" patrol -- what a jerk! A real-life Rambo wanna-be! Pretty frightening, people. They need a security guard for the security guard. Plumbing is another story!!! We were in the office one time for approx. 30 minutes and SEVEN PEOPLE came in during that time, all of them asking for a maintenance man to come and tend to their toilets. All guests were told sorry, not happening. Then an employee returns from the side office with PLUNGERS for each of them for their toilets which were backing up. Staff & management told guests that THEY, the guests, were responsible for unplugging their toilets and THEY were responsible for cleaning up the overflow and any damages the water and/or sewage may have caused! They were also told there was no housekeeping or maintenance staff employed to do any such services. Internet sucks, too, which you also have to pay extra for!!! Oh yeah, that's another thing. . . you are nickled and dimed to death here, too. You have the "base rent", which varies by what floor you're on, but from $190 to $250/week. Then there is the $10 key charge, $6 internet charge, $5 microwave charge, $11 for WATCHING the TV (yeah, really!), $10 for the TV remote -- and those are just the "basics", folks! Pets are allowed so if you bring one, there is a pet security deposit and a DAILY charge for Fido, too! Double all of it if you have two pets! Add it all up and you're around $300/week. There's LUXURY to be rented here in Phoenix, folks, for that same price and some even come with a daily Continental breakfast. And NONE of the bull$hit this place has. Oh, and to top it off, you’ll love this one. . . we were here for Halloween week and management had signs posted all over the site asking the guests to “please donate bags of candy so we (employees) will have candy to pass out on Halloween night.” Yeah, for real people! I think I’ve said enough! We left early and took a loss for the money we dished out for this pit. Never again. And if we can stop one person/family from staying there because of all this, then we've done well for making up the oney we lost from staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank HappyCampers1212
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Rented the room at budget suites on Indian school dropped a couple hundred only to find the room infested with huge roaches! Not to mention every time i opened the door, the smell was like a fist to the face. It smelled like a body had been decomposing in there. People would call all night up until about 5 in the morning. The heater couldn't be turned on or it would set of the smoke detector. keep in mind its almost December, and they provide NO sheets or blankets. They also don't provide towels soaps or toilet paper. People would come knocking on the door apparently looking for the drug dealers that rented that room before me, which the people next door later confirmed. When i complained to the front desk about all this, i couldn't get a refund, they tried to charge me an extra $75 to switch rooms, i didn't want to pay that so i was stuck with that sorry, disgusting excuse of a room. As for the heater, they said i would have to wait til the next day for them to fix it and i would have to leave for an hour while they did. They were able to block calls, that's the only good thing. They weren't to interested in helping. My kids safety wasn't any concern to them. I stayed for 2 nights out of 7 that i paid for, i lost a couple hundred dollars but the room was making me sick to the point of vomiting. I wouldn't wish this place on some one i hated. Try siesta palms or twin palms.

• Stayed November 2012
8 Thank sik2stomach
williamsport
Reviewed 17 April 2012

i lived the at indian school budget suites close to 3 yrs..yes problems but excuse me yer in central phx..try a beter comidation in philly..or new york..hope ya have yer own security..managment and security at budget suites central phx is awsome..i give it a great review..they bend over backwards for your comfort and security..vera is a doll at the front desk...GOD BLESS

Room Tip: 3rd floor..away from the pool..unless ya like to party a little n the noise.. but they shut down ear...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank maintenacekingCHRIS
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I read the reviews before I booked this place for my husband and I to attend spring training baseball games. We are presently staying at the one on Yorkshire, ground level, and most of the reviews I read turned out to be true. We have had no issues with the management; they have addressed our issues (basically no internet service most of the time). We will have been here 11 days. Leaving tomorrow. I could not get another hotel around w/a kitchenette b/c I waited too long to book, that's why we ended up here. Yes, it is a 'Section 8' type of place. I would also recommend (I had forgotten about this review) a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment. The microwaves are brand new; everything worked for us (except internet, again). They (mgmt.) told us not to pay for it b/c it is down so much. There is an 'initial' shock.....my stepson, who lives in Phoenix, came to pick us up and said, "man, dad, even I wouldn't stay here .... I locked my doors as soon as I pulled in". That kinda says it all. Furniture is old, old, old and the bed is just disgusting. We wanted to park my stepsons truck in the parking area with the roof over it and mgmt. told us yesterday to make sure we park forward....do not back in ..... the police who come thru at night need to be able to see your license plates to run a criminal check. Again, that says it all. Pool is nice. I do believe drug dealers are there, but we kept to our own business and weren't in the room much. Take everything of value with you! The bathroom was okay; the tub needed a good scrubbing. Also, we requested a non-smoking room (there is even a sticker on the window that says non-smoking) and the room wreaked of stale cigarette smoke. Pulled out the nightstand drawer and someone had used it as an ashtray.....cigarette butts and ashes in it. My husband would not even let me walk out to the truck w/o him being able to see me. Please don't stay here if you have kids ..... there's an Extended StayAmerica in Peoria on W. Bell Road that is MUCH better, inside doors vs. doors that exit directly to the outside, for the exact same price! That is where we will stay next year!

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd or 3rd level.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple