“Looking for budget accomodation ... You might love this”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Budget Suites of America
Ranked #157 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Pune, India
“Looking for budget accomodation ... You might love this”
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I stayed at budget suites of America for a week. The hotel is close to some IT companies which was one of the reason apart from price for choosing this hotel.

I booked this hotel by calling and confirming the booking. Key was given to me when I arrived and an attendant joined me to show show room and explain facilities.

I was offered a choice for floor as multiple rooms were available.

For me in the room kitchen was also provided where I can cook some food for myself. Kitchen had a 4 burner electric stove, Heater, fridge, microwave oven. Kitchen vessels were not there but I was fortunate that I had some with me.

Room had a writing table, dining table, king sized bed and appropriate lighning. Room also had a TV with approximately 70 cable channes. Air conditioning was maintained by AC and heater which I used to adjus tas per climate conditions.

Surroundings were pretty silent with out much noise.

There's free internet access at reception. Four computers are kept so that you can access internet. If ypu have personal computer / laptop you can get wireless internet for free over here and speed was pretty good.

Hotel is close to some shopping malls e.g. target, 7/11 and AMC theater, John C Lincolin hospital and some other shops like AT&T, Radio Shack etc.

I didn't liked two things about the hotel.

1. Hotel charges ... although its cheap but they tell you different rate on phone which is basic rate and when you arrive they charge you extra for small small things seperately like bed linen, microwave oven etc. So my advice is check everything and get it clarified for this oven phone for your needs and exact room rate with these facilities.

2. Some what problem with room lightning. Although it was good but not so much impressive. There a chance they could have improved over here.

Overall the staff was friendly and co-operative. Surrounding are free of noise and they are fairly safe as well.

I had pleasant stay with budget price at budget suite.

• Liked — My Room and co-operation from front desk
  • Disliked — Room lightning
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank rahul_dreams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
phoenix
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Roach infested. Police on property constantly. Car thefts & felony warrants served daily. Drug abusers wander the property both day and night as do prostitutes. Management is unfair, combative, disrespectful and causes problems between guests, regularly harass families with children. The confidentiality of guests private business is discussed openly in earshot of both other tenants, office staff, as well as openly to other tenants. Homeless wander the property openly - often stealing clothes from the laundry. If you value your hard earned dollar, want to be treated respectfully and with dignity and require safety with your child's wellbeing, this place is NOT IT! BEWARE ! there are other properties at the same price DO YOUR RESEARCH. Request a report from the city of Phoenix, I did. They refer to the place as "felony suites".

If youre a clean, decent person who values your family - DONT GO TO BUDGET SUITES ON INDIAN SCHOOL.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank mylittlesecret23

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Sarasota, Fl
Reviewed 13 December 2006

My own experience! My toliet over flowed at 11:00 pm, front desk stated she did not cause the problem had me fix it. I had to check out the plunnger with my ID. NO Maintance for the problem!!!! I had drug dealers in front of every room I turned. Kids screaming outside my room during the weekend days and early morning. When I nedded security to walk me to my room after I needed a plunger he just sat in the main office hanging out drinking coffee. If you have any class don't consider unless you are in dire straights!

• Disliked — THE EVENING STAFF
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY AWAY
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank kjpflorida
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2006

This place actually could be very nice. It's got a great room layout, the pool is very nice and the location is wonderful.
During the daytime there would be kids running around the place without parents and people fixing their cars in the parking lots. In the night time is when it became very obvious it was not a good location to be.
I stayed in this place for a week and 3 of the 7 nights there were police helicopters shining their lights into the complex.
I dont know if anything was actually going on, I'm just reporting that it made me feel a bit uneasy that the police seemed to feel the need to monitor this property in this sort of manner.

Stayed November 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2005

From the outside this hotel looks nice. Everything is well kept. But once you get inside the room it's another story. The room we stayed in had stains on the floor and couch and the walls and doors were all patched up. It was quite loud at night which made it hard to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you want a cheap place to stay. The staff was really nice though and helped with any question we had.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
England
Reviewed 10 October 2004

Have stayed at both the Indian School Road and Yorkshire Drive Suites and both give excellent value for money.

The Yorkshire Drive premises is within walking distance of a a large strip mall with shops, eateries and cinemas. The bus also stops right outside the gate and it's not a very long trip to other malls.

The Indian School premises is similar in design and layout. When you come out of the gate turn right and head for Central where you can catch a 15 min max ride into downtown. Caution in that Indian School to the right looks a little questionable, especilly at night, but the ocmplex is certainly safe.

I have recorded my experiences in phoenix and arizona at ---------------

If anyone would like any advice drop me a line, mark@totalphoenix.com

2 Thank totalphoenix