“Unexpected room change”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bakersfield, United States
“Unexpected room change”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Due to a note left by the maid staff that stated they could not get into the to clean due to the door being locked we had to unexpectedly had to change to another room. The manager could not explain the note and stated she had never seen or heard of such a thing. Due to this I would be skeptical about returning to this property again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nathan S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
First and foremost, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. At Hampton, we live and breathe our 100% satisfaction guarantee and for that reason, I am very sorry that we fell short of that expectation during your stay. On a daily and weekly basis, we have many meetings to collaborate and discuss our areas of opportunity in an effort to strive for perfection. That said, nothing can replace your experience and feedback. In lieu of this review, we called and conducted a meeting with the entire hotel to discuss the utilization of the described note. We do, in fact, leave notes for rooms with a “do not disturb” sign on their door to let them know we wanted to respect their privacy, but also to let them know that we are here if they need anything at all. In your case, we feel we could have responded more appropriately. Moving forward, if a housekeeper is having trouble with a lock, they will report it to the front desk so that we can make every effort to clean your room to your satisfaction. The front desk was also refreshed on these notes and why/how they are used. I know the room change was unexpected and less than ideal, but I do hope you were able to unwind and enjoy the extra space of one of our suites. Thank you again, for staying with us, and for providing us with the opportunity to learn and grow as a hotel. We are humbled by your words and we hope to welcome you back and show you how your feedback has been put into practice. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when I traveled to Phoenix for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. This hotel is very close to the 202 loop which is one of the main arteries around town. This hotel is within walking distance of the Chinese Cultural Center, which has beautiful gardens. Aside from that, I'm not aware of any local attractions nearby. I would recommend renting a car if you choose to stay at this property, as I don't believe there is a light rail station nearby either.
The staff at the desk and the house keeping staff were very pleasant and helpful. My room was spacious and clean. There was a little rust in the tub, however that was the only grievance I had with the room. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeaniqua
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at Hampton Inn twice during our vacation, and in both cases we enjoyed our stay. The suits are large, quiet and comfortable, it is located near a shopping center with a lot of shops and restaurants, and as were mentioned by others the highlight of the hotel is the friendly and welcoming staff.
I have no doubt we are going to stay there again on our next visit in Phoenix.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gils_tips
fairmont, WV, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have to say, that I travel so much, that when a guest clerk is so helpful and pleasant, it makes me come back again and again. Clayton at this hotel goes above and beyond to do a wonderful job. My room was so beautiful. I will be back in 3 weeks and will always stay at this hotel when in the area. Please give Clayton a raise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Marlina D
Santa Rosa, CA, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff members were amazingly friendly and helpful; the desk clerks even remembered our room number whenever they saw us! They greeted us every time we entered or exited, asked us how our local events were going, and were exceptionally warm. The value for the price was surprisingly good — a two-queen suite, plus rollout bed, kitchenette, lots of space. Also free internet (though kind of a slow connection), complimentary breakfast buffet (quite good), fitness center, pool & spa . . . it didn't cost much differently from Motel 6 plus buying breakfast!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

very warm, loving people. Always ready to help with smile on there face. Clean rooms and bathrooms with awareness of environment. Loved to spent time with you. Hope to see you again. God Bless you All.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Traveling during the holiday season is stressful to say the least. Factor in a destination wedding between Christmas and New Years and you've got the makings for an average grossing Sarah Jessica Parker holiday flick. We had already driven over 2,000 miles before finding ourselves at this particular Hampton hotel. After a sleepless night at a motel in el paso moral was low. However, once we walked through those doors the look on Clayton's face (the front desk manager) let us know that this experience would be far more comfortable than our most recent hotel fiasco. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the wi-fi was easy to connect to. My only note for improvement is that the complimentary breakfast didn't lend itself to the vegetarians of the world as there was ham mixed in to the eggs. I would absolutely stay again and would advise anyone who finds themselves in Glendale Arizona to do the same.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple