Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed in a suite which was really nice with lots of room , The hot breakfast was fabulous and the staff was even better , all in all if we were in the area again it is a must stay at hotel .Front desk staff were extemely friendly , pool was heated and hot tub just right . Did not see much of the rest of the staff which in most cases is a very good thing , 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BJW2014

Reviewed 4 February 2014

A super friendly, clean, super efficient hotel just off Route 13. There were four of us visiting family in Phoenix and we stayed here for four nights. Well, to be honest we only booked for three but what with the excitement and the jet lag I didn't notice that I had booked one night too few. But the staff were great and very understanding of these daft Brits so they kept our rooms for us. The rooms were spacious and clean and breakfast, though self service, was actually pretty good with a DIY waffle machine, three hot dishes, endless coffee of course and loads to healthy options

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine.
2  Thank Panbrae
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here recently while in town for a job interview. Wow! Clayton, Kelsey, and all of the associates went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant and successful. The level of service, friendliness and genuine concern for guests was just remarkable. As I had never been to Phoenix before, they helped with numerous directions, shuttle assistance, help with my rental car, advice on the area, alternate routes and suggested driving times, etc. Everyone I encountered, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers to housekeeping and food service personnel was pleasant, friendly and helpful. They genuinely care about guests and it shows in everything they do.

On top of the staff's exemplary customer service, the hotel has many other perks. There is a wonderful breakfast buffet every morning, with everything well stocked, well prepared and fresh. Unlike other similar buffets that offer cold donuts and juice, the Hampton's has a number of hot selections including eggs, waffles, sausage and bacon, french toast, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and cereal, and all kinds of breads and beverages. Anything that you could possibly want and they change the hot foods out every day so you get a variety. As a runner who works out every day, I especially appreciated being able to start my day with some protein and not just a bunch of sweets. Lots of healthy choices and selections that will appeal to children. If you are traveling you'll especially love this, as you'll be able to have a hearty, satisfying meal to get you through all of your activities without having to stop to eat again right after starting out.

The hotel is on a frontage road so you aren't directly off the highway, but it's situated where you can get off the highway and be there in five minutes. It's amazingly quiet considering that you are right in the middle of so many things. Directly behind the hotel is a huge shopping center with big-box stores and restaurants. Gas stations are nearby as well as a large Safeway grocery store and area churches.

The pool and hot tub outside are well-maintained and clean, with towel kiosks for the guests.

Beds are very comfortable and my room, like the rest of the hotel was impeccably clean, with duvets freshly laundered. Wake-up calls each day came in as requested (unlike at other hotels I've visited) and maid service was efficient without being intrusive.

Thanks to Clayton and all of the team for such a pleasant introduction to Phoenix!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank theladybordeaux
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I traveled to Phoenix to visit family. It’s an excellent hotel with an amazing staff. We stayed in a two queen suite and it was very comfortable with lots of room and free Wi-Fi. There is complementary breakfast in the morning and complementary coffee and tea all day. They have a small store with toiletries, snacks and drinks too. The hotel is right behind two shopping centers. Happy Valley Towne Center and The Shops at Norterra. In the two shopping centers are plenty of restaurants, shopping and a movie theater. When we checked in they gave us a map of the area with locations of local restaurants, fast food and places that will deliver to the hotel. On our last night there we asked the staff if they knew of anywhere close by we could grab a drink and they not only recommended a great place but called us a cab too. They recommended The Mellow Mushroom. The restaurant/bar has great food, a late night happy hour (with half priced appetizers and drinks), lots of beer on tap and full bar. Plus they’re open until 2am. We were very happy with The Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley and will stay here again when we come back to town.

Stayed January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becca38170
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Due to a note left by the maid staff that stated they could not get into the to clean due to the door being locked we had to unexpectedly had to change to another room. The manager could not explain the note and stated she had never seen or heard of such a thing. Due to this I would be skeptical about returning to this property again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan S, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. At Hampton, we live and breathe our 100% satisfaction guarantee and for that reason, I am very sorry that we fell short of that expectation during your stay. On a daily and weekly basis, we have many meetings to collaborate and discuss our areas of opportunity in an effort to strive for perfection. That said, nothing can replace your experience and feedback. In lieu of this review, we called and conducted a meeting with the entire hotel to discuss the utilization of the described note. We do, in fact, leave notes for rooms with a “do not disturb” sign on their door to let them know we wanted to respect their privacy, but also to let them know that we are here if they need anything at all. In your case, we feel we could have responded more appropriately. Moving forward, if a housekeeper is having trouble with a lock, they will report it to the front desk so that we can make every effort to clean your room to your satisfaction. The front desk was also refreshed on these notes and why/how they are used. I know the room change was unexpected and less than ideal, but I do hope you were able to unwind and enjoy the extra space of one of our suites. Thank you again, for staying with us, and for providing us with the opportunity to learn and grow as a hotel. We are humbled by your words and we hope to welcome you back and show you how your feedback has been put into practice. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when I traveled to Phoenix for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. This hotel is very close to the 202 loop which is one of the main arteries around town. This hotel is within walking distance of the Chinese Cultural Center, which has beautiful gardens. Aside from that, I'm not aware of any local attractions nearby. I would recommend renting a car if you choose to stay at this property, as I don't believe there is a light rail station nearby either.
The staff at the desk and the house keeping staff were very pleasant and helpful. My room was spacious and clean. There was a little rust in the tub, however that was the only grievance I had with the room. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeaniqua
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at Hampton Inn twice during our vacation, and in both cases we enjoyed our stay. The suits are large, quiet and comfortable, it is located near a shopping center with a lot of shops and restaurants, and as were mentioned by others the highlight of the hotel is the friendly and welcoming staff.
I have no doubt we are going to stay there again on our next visit in Phoenix.

2  Thank Gils_tips