“Great little gem, but don't be late for breakfast.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley
Ranked #6 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This is a very comfortable and nice hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was exactly what I needed after a long day of moving. The room was large enough to accommodate the entire family of two adults and four kids. As a word of caution, don't be late for the complimentary breakfast. The good items go fast and they stop replenishing at 8:30 AM.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Baileysl1

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Just completed yet another stay at this wonderful place. Spacious and comfortable rooms, nice evening reception with drinks and snacks, evening entrees (Mon-Thurs), full breakfast with lots of choices, convenient laundry facilities, and a really nice pool area. And, there's plenty of shopping and eateries within walking distance. Plus, the staff is very freindly and helpful. As I said, I stay here frequently and it's always my first choice when I'm working north of the metro. And if you can't get a room here, there's always the conjoined twin (Hampton Inn), which feels a whole lot like the Homewood. You can't miss staying at either location.

Room Tip: Get a room away from vending and I-17. And choose the top floor, if possible, so you don't get t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank blandboy
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Good hotel in North Phoenix with plenty of room and excellent customer service. Hotel staff is very friendly! Our room was clean and nicely furnished. Wireless internet connection to my iPad was slow at times... not sure why. Nice fitness center with water available. Drink lots of water in Phoenix... air is DRY! Laundry room is $1.50 wash, $1.50 dry.

Room Tip: Choose room opposite of I-17 freeway if possible for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at this property for four nights in January 2013. This is a newer property with a very friendly staff, good size rooms which provided a great stay.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a small kitchen, sofabed, guest chair, tv in living area, bedroom with king bed tv, sink/vanity area off bedroom and seperate toilet/shower room. The kitchen had all the plates, utensils, cookware you would need if you want to do some cooking in your room. There was a two burner cook top, microwave oven, full size refrigerator and sink also in the kitchen. The hotel serves breakfast in the mornings and dinner Monday through Thursday.

Check in was quick, my room was clean and tidy. There was a smell of curry from a previous guest that could have been deoderized better. There is a small area to purchase drinks and snacks at the front desk. ....all the required flavors of Ben & Jerry's.

There was a shopping area just up the street with many places to eat, Walmart, movie theater, and some big box stores.

In the are again I would definitley stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We only had a two night stay, but it was a great experience. Room was nice and modern, well-equipped kitchen, and very close to lots of shopping. Breakfast was a variety of warm choices and cold things like cereal or pastries. Nothing spectacular, but it was good - canned fruit, make your own waffles, etc. It was too cold to swim, but the pool looked well maintained. You can walk around behind the hotel to a big strip mall of restaurants and shops, which made it very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel in October of this year. This was the first time I have ever stayed in a Homewood Suites before and I was more than pleased. I immeadiately felt at home. We stayed for 3 nights and all of the staff was very polite and courteous. There was FREE hot breakfast served every morning and I didn't have to eat the plain cereal and gross bagels that you usually get stuck with at a typical hotel. There was always plenty of breakfast available at all times of the morning and the breakfast area was very spacious. The room was immaculate when we arrived and the pool area was just the same. We have already started to plan our next trip to Phoenix this spring and we already know this is the place we will stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I've stayed at Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley 4 times this year. Each and every time I've stayed here, Edward and Amy have been very friendly and very accommodating. The grounds of the property are well kept, pool area is clean, and the gym is clean as well. I'm always greeted when I walk in the door and since my 3rd visit, Edward and Amy remember me by name. As a hhonors member, they are always on top of the perks and benefits all the way down to the water bottles. This is more than I can say for other Hilton family hotels I've stayed at in other cities. Due to my work, I stay in hotels 70 plus nights a year all over the U.S. I've stayed in some not so nice hotels and some very swanky hotels, but as of right now, Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley is by far my favorite due to the professionalism and friendliness of Edward and Amy. Other hotels should take note on how to run a business from this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012