“Cant Go Wrong with Homewood”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have never had an issue, yet, with Homewood Suites. This is my 2nd time staying at this particular property. The rooms are clean, somewhat quiet. Friendly hotel staff. My only complaint was that I never received my wake up call I had set using their automated system. Now that I was about an hour behind schedule, I couldnt take advantage of the breakfast, nor did they have anything for guests who were in a hurry.

1  Thank Bryon M
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Bryon,

First, thank you for staying with us during your time in Phoenix. We appreciate you returning to the hotel for your second stay as well. Thank you for the kind feedback in regards of how clean the rooms were. On behalf of the entire team, we would like to apologize for the missed wake up call. This level or service is unacceptable on our end and we will discuss the incident with the entire team. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The breakfast and dinner options are average, but if you want a fancy dinner then you can go to one of the meant restaurants within a mile of the hotel. The staff is very nice. Ask for a map of the area. It is very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The room I was in was in need of a good cleaning and maintenance...to be like "home" a remodel would be in order. It was noisy and I could hear outside auto traffic at night. Red nail polish from a previous guest was on the tile bathroom floor, cracked tiles, grout discolored and missing as in the photos.

I ended up at this hotel as the Hampton Inn next door "overbooked". Reading other reviews for the two leads me to believe this happens frequently.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Mr. Macgruber.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are not proud of this review and I ensure you this will be handled immediately. This level of service and cleanliness is unacceptable and I promise you this will be resolved with HIGH importance. If there is anything the hotel can do for you to make up for the situation please feel free to contact me personally.

623 580-1800
mspangenberg@ncghotels.com

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The hotel management should try all the food and "maybe" they would do one of the following.1. Fire the F&B Director, #2, Give him/her a budget so they may "upgrade" the quality of food. 3. Definitely teach them about foodservice ! And last but not least, DO NOT ADVERTISE FULL BREAKFAST ! I am retired from successful foodservice career so I do realize that I am probably a little tougher than the average bear but from what I saw and tasted, they should definitely look into the aforementioned !
2. For all my fellow members of the Hilton family, beware and do not wait to book your room. If you see a deal you like, book it quickly ! The amount of points they charge for a free room changes rapidly ! I booked 4 nights with a points and money combo and got a good deal, then the same day I realized I needed to add a night and got the same good deal. The following morning after reading the reviews on trip advisor I decided to add 8 nights but all the sudden the points/money combo option for booking was not there, plus they increased the points needed to book a room 10,000 ! Needless to say I didn't book the 8 more nights..So, I called the hotel to inquire and of course the front desk couldn't do anything and advised me to call Hhonors which I did, There advice was to call the hotel " Revenue Director ". That advice was all I needed to know that my deal was a done deal !
Lastly, if you ever see a hotel without balcony's and with windows that do not open, beware of the dogs ! These are indications that the owners are very slick ! Obviously it costs much less to build this type of hotel but as I said, beware !! They fully understand the hotel business, and moreso, PROFIT, but pay little attention to detail such as the food..
Overall this hotel would get a solid 4 star rating from me but I cannot rate them any higher just because they advertise there food and it is disgusting ! This is only the 1st night of my 5 night stay so there's more to come, after I attend the "managers reception " ! ( which by the way the breakfast and the managers reception are Mon- Thurs..) Wonder why ? PROFIT ! Not needed weekends ! I am reminding you again, beware of the dogs !!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quiet and about equal.
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My four months' stay, between selling my NC home and buying one in AZ, was very pleasant and comfortable. Accommodations were good, and all the staff was excellent. The free meals--daily breakfast, Mon-Thur dinners--exceeded my expectations. Location is very convenient to shopping, dining, and major roadways throughout Phoenix area.

1  Thank Mary C H

Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards of your recent stay. It was a pleasure getting to know you during your stay in Happy Valley. Congratulations again on the move and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The stay at both the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites at this location was exceptional. The staff is so professional, friendly, there to answer any questions and make sure your experience is outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Rented a 2 BR suite, rooms & facilities very nice & very clean. Only negative was an odor in the hallways on 1st & 3rd floors I was on. I think the carpets were cleaned & didn't dry correctly. They need to be clean again. Rooms & lobby smelled great. Overall an excellent place I would come back to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Troy,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Happy Valley. Our team was glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. In regards of the odor comment, I ensure you we will discuss this as a management team with high importance. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.