This hotel in no way resembles any other Hilton property I've seen. It occupies a very congested area filled with multiple-family structures. A block or so away is a large Walmart auto service center. Beyond the auto center is the store. Hotel looks old on the outside, old on the inside, and feels old as well.
It's a large building and something of a maze to navigate. In one spot the hallway near my room widened to accommodate a billiards table where a game was in progress. The swimming pool is roughly 60-70% as large as at most hotels and situated close to the parking area and main entrance. There's very little space for lounging around the pool's periphery. Fitness center contains two treadmills and an elliptic. All three were in use at around 6AM when I entered.
Room was quite basic. Furniture, flooring and lamps appeared out of date. The small kitchen was fairly well equipped, including a full sized refrigerator. But there was no ice when I arrived and the ice-maker didn't begin working until after midnight. Kitchen contained a microwave, but no traditional oven. AC and heating are from two standing wall units which were on the loud side. AC is set to operate only when a motion detector senses your presence in room (though they explain how you can override it). There were some other noises in the bedroom wall that I couldn't figure out, but which made it hard to sleep. The windows have curtain-like "shells" on the sides that don't pull closed. There's a second much thinner layer inside that do close but block little outside light.
On a positive note, bed and pillows were comfortable. I found the staff generally cheerful. The lobby was well appointed and the morning breakfast looked adequate. However, at $169 per night during "off-peak" season (June) I feel this hotel was grossly overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North-Happy Valley is located 25 minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport and dynamic Downtown Phoenix, Arizona. The North Phoenix area encompasses fashionable residential communities, the Happy Valley Commercial District, Deer Valley Industrial developments and the Deer Valley Municipal Airport. We are situated in the midst of North Phoenix and you will find us along I-17 North. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley Hotel Phoenix
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley Arizona