“An impressive collection of firefighting gear thru time”

Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting
Ranked #16 of 234 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's largest firefighting museum chronicles the history of the profession and commemorates fallen firefighters.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

From the days of bucket brigades, horsedrawn fire wagons and hand pumps thru the engine-driven firetrucks of the 1940s and '50s. Very impressively restored and/or preserved displays. They even have firemarks from the early days of fire insurance AND insurance fire patrol artifacts. I've never seen those on display in a fire museum before. Very nicely done.

1  Thank hatlad

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went with our school for a field trip and everyone had a blast. I have to say, I kind of was dreading going. But it was great. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. It was great museum to visit. I would recommend it for kids that are school aged. There is a park nearby to visit too. I think it's wonderful time to spend a day, especially as the weather heats up.

2  Thank sam m
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I didn't know about this place (and I've lived in AZ for over 30 yrs) until a charity I work with had an event here. Which, by the way is a VERY cool idea as they have the facilities to accomodate a large group and you can cater in food, tables, etc. What a JOY to come here...you can follow and see up close the entire history of all the fire-fighting equipment from the very earliest days to modern times...seeing some of the fire trucks you grew up with in such pristine condition is really a nice trip down memory lane...and the staff there is very informative and helpful. Their 9-11 tribute area is beautiful and a must see too.
Another good idea for a summer day...but really any day you can go and pay a little tribute to our fire fighters and enjoy a great place....is a good day.
CJ Z in AZ

1  Thank CJ Z Z
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hall of flame museum has an excellent display of fire fighting history. But it is roped off and not to be touched. This is not a place for young children. They cannot run around or touch the equipment. There is a small area in the back they can play in and part of a truck to climb on but that alone is not worth the entrance fee. It is great for adults and history lovers

2  Thank Kristen G
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I honestly didn't know exactly what to expect, but I wasn't going to let the chance to go to a place called Hall of Flame pass me by. I was really happy in finding this somewhat hidden museum to be incredibly interesting. They have a huge collection of hand- and horse drawn vehicles in addition to the motorized ones. The information available is great, and I wish I'd have planned it better so I could have arranged to have a guided tour. There is a lot to see of vehicles, badges, helmets, paintings, photographs and various gear from all over the world.

They really deserve a better space, as this collection is incredible, and obviously well-cared for. The building itself isn't much to write home about but being caught up in everything you can see and learn means it doesn't really detract in any way from the experience. Would maybe also wish for some updating of the giftshop, but they have a great selection of shirts and hoodies.