“One of the best hotels i have stayed in for the money”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South
Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The best staff i have ever encountered in a hotel. The food was great for both meals offered. Our two bedroon suite was awesome for 7 of us and was clean. For the money we paid the value was beyond excellent. Would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank docshane
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed here using points, service was excellent, employees were all very friendly and went the extra mile to help; rooms were clean and comfortable, and breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Wow; this place was wonderful. My husband and I were weary from traveling all day so we decided to take a dip in the hot tub upon arrival to our room. We were blown away by the huge jacuzzi. This thing could fit at least 20 people in it - and it was nice and warm. LOVED it! Sleep quality was amazing. I didn't hear a peep all night! Rooms were clean and had everything you need. GREAT place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DallasNewlywed
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We recently rented three rooms for one night and were pleasanlty impressed at every turn. Although designed for long term business occupation our one night stay let us experience free airport transfers, 2 meals, friendly staff and a newer clean room with comfortable bed.
Although the dinner and breakfast menu are not exensive (included with room rate) the people were very friendly, accomidating and the facility was extremely clean.
Our rooms all included a living area, kitchenette, bedroom, bath and large patio area. The rate for a single night was slightly higher but with the meals, airport transfers and room size the rate was very fair.
Would stay again in if in town.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
CoriChapman, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear psce,

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves during the short time that you stayed with us. While it is true that the Homewood Suites brand is designed for long term stays, we are always happy to welcome guests that are traveling for only a night or two. Please consider staying with us again if you are traveling in the Phoenix area again, we would love the opportunity to wow you again!

Cori Chapman
Sales Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Would have given this beautiful hotel five stars and a big excellent rating if not for first impressions. Staff needs to be able to read people after a long trip and give 100% attention when people arrive. No side conversations. Example "what does this mean?" several times by young lady processing my reservation on the computer to "Stephen" who then "fixed" whatever issues she was having without explanation. He then ran my card and scared the daylights out of me by telling me my card declined. Worried that someone hacked my info and stole my identity as I had been traveling. Mind you this was for a one night stay. Hubby to the rescue. Sorry his card declined also. You may need to call your bank! OMG! Call the bank which was fortunately still open and spend 10 minutes with what I thought was a three way converstion until I realized hotel staff was not listening to me at all. Bank says plenty of money. Finally they ran it through again and it went through.Must be a problem with the computer! Too late, damage done, holds on both accounts now and then Steven asks if I want him to talk to the bank? HUH? No thanks, you both have been very unsympathetic and I am tired, frustated embarrased, but will talk to a manager as I am considering leaving. Manager comes and says he's sorry.I am not impressed. Hubby convinces me to stay.
Otherwise:
Managers reception was very nice, includes beer and wine. Front desk staff should take notice of hostess Dorothy, genuinely nice, hard working, friendly and very efficient. Same with hostess in morning (didn't catch her name) , real gems. Food very good, both breakfast and dinner, 24 hour coffee, reception area large, good flow, good selections. Rooms spacious, clean, great beds, flat screen TV's. Pool area small but nice, large spa. Large patio area with BBQ's. Hotel 100 % non smoking which I understand but still drives me nuts, can't there be 10 feet of an area outside away from everything for smoking so that smokers can be polite and not offensive? I saw smokers out front and on the patio "sneaking" a cigarette like high school, and there were ashtrays sitting there. I just don't get it. Especially for an extended stay. No airport shuttle before 6am but hotel will comp the cab which ran about S12.00 USD. Not really near anything in walking distance that I could tell and the surrounding area is maybe not the best, but really no reason to leave.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaliforniaTreehugger
CoriChapman, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

This was a lovely place to stay after flying in from the UK. It was close to the airport but not too close to be bothered by noise from the planes. In fact, we didn't hear any noise at all from anyone else for the two nights that we stayed there.

We had stayed at another Hilton Suites on a previous trip to the USA and were pleasantly surprised to have the exact same room at this one, so they must be standard throughout the chain. Lovely big room with a big, comfortable bed. Fully equipped kitchen if required.

The only downside was the complimentary hot breakfast. It wasn't very hot. The 'hot' water for tea was tepid. Having been to the USA on many holidays previously, I was prepared for this so it is only a minor gripe.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive review! We truly appreciate our guests that take the time to tell others about their visit to our property. As far as the water for the hot tea, I have addressed that with our breakfast staff and made sure that they know how important it is for our guests to have hot water available to them whenever they need it. We hope that the next time you are in the US you will consider us as your home away from home. Thank you again!

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have spent quite a bit of time in the area and this property is second to none to anywhere I have stayed in the country.

The breakfast and evening food provided is such a great luxury to have.

Everything is very clean, the rooms are huge and the staff is always willing to go the extra mile if you need anything.

With a locaton just across the street from Tempe Diablo Stadium this is the perfect place to stay for Angels Spring Training!

• Stayed: September 2011
CoriChapman, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear bjcseven,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor, it is always nice to hear that we are making our guests happy. Hopefully, you will be able to come and stay with us again very soon!