“Excellent for business or play”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Friendliness of front desk staff was outstanding.. Cleanliness of room, kitchen and bath was fantastic.. Having a first floor room with the high ceilings made it feel more like staying at home. Comfort of the bed and linens was exceptional. Complimentary breakfast choices was very good and super convenient.. Decent parking, lots of lighting and the outside grounds were well kept..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a good brand for my needs (business or otherwise). And at least in my experience on this trip, staff was very generous and helpful. Rooms were reasonably clean and king bed did not cause restlessness. Both breakfast and dinner offerings were consistent and decent for a complimentary meal. Ten minutes from PHX and close to Tempe where my work took me. Not many grocery or restaurant amenities in short walking distance, but there options within a few miles.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Linens were clean, room was big being that it was a suite. I only stayed one night but it would have been convenient to stay for a week and not feel like I was 'stuck' in a hotel room. If this continues to stay clean and well run like it is I'd suggest it to anyone needing a place to stay (not looking for a resort.) Great friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great stay at the Homewood suite in phoenix. good location and great restaurants close. good food for dinner and breakfast. Used the pool and hot tub and everything was great. Would stay again if given the opportunity.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The rooms were very clean and comfortably sized. It was decorated nicely, The air conditioning unit was VERY noisy. If you are a light sleeper it'll wake you up when it cycles on and off. The bed was not very comfortable....it was the type of mattress where if one person moves so does the other.
The hotel layout is confusing. The elevator is quite a distance from the check-in area and there are no signs to the elevator. I noticed on the fourth floor there is a sign showing an elevator but on the ground floor there is no sign indicating where the elevator is. To get to the elevator you have to go down the hall, turn left and turn left again (basically a U shape route) but it needs to be marked better.
I had a Do Not Disturb sign on our door. At 9 :30 am housekeeping knocked on our door and asked if we wanted service. I did not go to the door but asked loudly if they could come back later. Our door opened and the maid was standing in the doorway. I was not dressed to receive visitors. I explained to the maid that my husband was still at the airport and would not be back for an hour or so. I asked her if she could return in an hour and half or later as he needed to shower, etc.when he returned. She said "no problem." Well to make a long story, short, we returned to our room at 10 p.m. to find that housekeeping did not return to our room to service it at all. The trash was still in the room along with dirty towels, etc. My husband went down to the front desk and asked for towels, etc. The person at the desk never apologized or asked what he could do to help....in short, he could have cared less. Housekeeping did bring our towels up within ten minutes.
When we went down for breakfast the first morning it was chaotic. They were low on food even though breakfast was to last for at least another hour. I asked the server if they had any plain bagels. She replied yes but I would have to wait as they were short handed. She was very nice but totally overwhelmed as she was the only worker on duty. She indicated that she had volunteered to work on the holiday weekend but expected additional help. We were disappointed that there was not a waffle station as the check-in person had indicated there would be when we checked in. The breakfast was disappointing to say the least. The next morning the breakfast was even more dismal. The eggs were cold and the hash browns lifeless. Again no waffles. We asked at the front desk and were told there were none yesterday as waffles are not on the weekend menu. I said "well today is Monday." He said "yes, that is true but it is a holiday." I said can I expect waffles tomorrow then, and he said "no, the waffle maker is broken." So in short, no matter what day it was, we were not going to have waffles as the waffle maker was broken. It would have been nice to just be honest and tell us it was broken, regardless of the day.
Even though it is prominently displayed on the counter that they "will make it right" at no time did any of the workers attempt to make it right. They simply said they would tell the manager. I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor and this is the first time I have felt let down by reviewers.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CoronadoKay
heathergarno, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the breakfast service you experienced. We ordered a replacement waffle maker on Saturday when a guest broke the one that we usually offer. Our hope is that it will arrive shortly. Likewise, we apologize for the housekeeping issues you ran into and have addressed them with our housekeeping staff so that they do not happen again in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in area.

Kind Regards,
Heather Garno

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I took a last minute, mini vacation to Phoenix Arizona Memorial Day weekend. This hotel is wonderful. Our two bedroom suite was huge, in the master bedroom there was a king bed, the second bedroom housed two queen beds, and there was a sofa bed in the living area. 7 of us shared the space. The rooms were clean and more than comfortable. Everything we needed was provided. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I plan to stay here again. I loved it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel was clean and fine for a basic business stay. Staff was very accommodating and polite. Breakfast was very basic, food was OK. Room was quite. Hotel layout was very confusing, almost difficult to find elevators and room.